Thread: Freezer

Default Freezer

Name: Freezer

Type: Room

Cost: 500 gold

Does: Slows movement speed of enemy creatures within it and maybe it can have traps built into it. The walls of the room may or may not have prison chains which you can drop creatures or heroes into from the Prison or Torture chamber so that they may freeze for long term storage without the worry of starvation. When frozen creatures are picked up and dropped anywhere else, like a Torture Chamber, they will thaw.

A chicken that enters the room may freeze solid.

May require: May need Workshop to built and may need to be at least 3x3 tiles to slow enemy creatures moving in it. May have to be at least 3x1 tiles with a wall next to it to store frozen creatures. May need to be surrounded mostly by walls to maintain cold temperature required for slowing enemy creatures.

May replace: DK2 Freeze Trap

(Maybe the frozen creature storage thing is useless but I think a room you could use to slow down enemy creatures and build traps in would be useful at least. Maybe it could also slow enemy attack speed.)
    Last edited by Jibbits; September 3rd, 2009 at 06:36.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pablo404 PSN ID: pablo404

Default Re: Freezer

Another interesting idea, although I'm quite not sure what we could use it for just yet, other than a handy place to drop Horny when he's going psycho.

its possible that it could be used to store dead bodies when a graveyard is full or inaccessable.

Quote Originally Posted by Synesthesia View Post
    Another interesting idea, although I'm quite not sure what we could use it for just yet, other than a handy place to drop Horny when he's going psycho.
    Yes I don't really know, I just found Freeze Trap in DK2 quite useless, maybe something could be dreampt up that is better

I think this could be used to make traps more effective and make it easier for your creatures to fight, by reducing the strength and speed of enemy creatures. I think this is more useful than both DK2 Freeze Trap and Guard Room

Maybe the room could be upgraded to have freeze trap like things in the floor

Quote Originally Posted by Jessen View Post
    its possible that it could be used to store dead bodies when a graveyard is full or inaccessable.
    Yes, but this is a flaw in my original idea, why would one want to freeze prisoners or dead bodies?

Maybe if 'body storage' is found useless it could be dropped

I see this as a room that could be built strategically to help you defend with your traps and creatures
    Last edited by Jibbits; September 13th, 2009 at 05:51.

the freeze trap is useful if you know how to use it (seriously) but I'm not against the room, I'd like both room and trap