Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Unlimited Zoom-Out aka Supreme-Keeper :)

Default Re: Unlimited Zoom-Out aka Supreme-Keeper :)

First, there must be a executable around 2MB, this is only a redirect exe. (subfolder? can you search your DKII directory for *.exe?)

Second, try to rename the patched exe to DKII.exe (rename the vanilla DKII.exe to DKII.exe.bak before), to enable the windows compatiblity shim support.

Third, the parameter -32bitdisplay was helping. create a text file, copy this in "DKII.exe" -32bitdisplay put a line break (return key) on the end. Save the file. Rename the file to a BAT ending. Now you can execute the file with double click, and DKII is started with the parameter. (more parameters are here http://keeperklan.com/threads/681-Command-Lines-List)

Fourth, you can try under Desktop-> Settings -> advanced -> Troubleshooting -> Hardware Acceleration to lower it by 4 ticks.

Fifth, set the core affinity for DKII.exe on startup.The sysinternal tool Psexec is the solution for XP, vista and 7 (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb897553.aspx, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8...for-windows-xp).
    Last edited by helsinkiharbour; August 5th, 2012 at 11:41.

Now thats just wierd,i renamed it,then it worked,exept from on thing... no zoom..

ahh, thanks for positive feedback!
    It's not as weird as it first sounds, while I was debugging the exe I found heavy windows shim activity, which is connected to the filename. If windows found a exe known by filename, it tries to applies compatiblity fixes. By renaming the exe I was sabotaging this mechanism, fixed in new version.

Try this second version, I'm positive in this version also the unlimited zoom will work
    Supreme Keeper patched v1.3 exe download VERSION2 (2.5MB)
    (patches for other versions are here)

Please, someone report back if the unlimited zoom works for him in DKII version 1.3!
    Last edited by helsinkiharbour; August 19th, 2012 at 21:56.

I am so sorry for the so late feedback,i was of the computer for a long time,school stuff you know..

the result is sadly the same,renamed it,worked but without no zoom..

Did you tried the second version? Because renaming is not needed anymore on the second one... here is the link:
    Supreme Keeper patched v1.3 exe download VERSION2 (2.5MB)

Same result..

something supirior beyond this world simply doesnt want me to play dk with joy...

Hey helsinkiharbour thanks for the patch was wondering if you could re-upload the 1.8 version of this as it is the one my friends and i use and the link is broken.

Thanks

BadDragon.

Quote Originally Posted by helsinkiharbour View Post
    Ok, here are some common DKII.exe versions with the unlimited zoom-capability.
    In the archive are 2 versions: first one was jonly extended by the ''zoom'' capability, the second one (with a "_dx" ending in file name) is the version for the GOG installation (with the redirect to timeslip "patched.dll"). The 1.7, 1.73 and 1.80 worked for me with zoom and the GOG installation. The 1.3 worked not at all for me, neither native nor with the "patch.dll", so for this version feedback would be of interest.

Pre-patched DKII exes with unlimited zoom capability (GOG and non-GOG version)
    Supreme Keeper patched v1.3 exe download (2.5MB)(mirror)
    Supreme Keeper patched v1.3 exe download VERSION2 (2.5MB) (mirror)

Supreme Keeper patched v1.7 exe download (2.5MB) (mirror)
    Supreme Keeper patched v1.73 exe download (2.5MB) (mirror)
    Supreme Keeper patched v1.8 exe download (3.4MB) (mirror)

Feedback would be appreciated! (Especially for the combination: v1.3 installation + patch.dll from the GOG version.)

Quote Originally Posted by BadDragon View Post
    Hey helsinkiharbour thanks for the patch was wondering if you could re-upload the 1.8 version of this as it is the one my friends and i use and the link is broken.

Thanks

BadDragon.
    thnaks for intrest, here is another mirror:
    http://freakshare.com/files/rn5ggj8i...bled-.rar.html

PS: maybe this files can be mirrored in teh download section of keeper klan? Don't see how files can be by pushed there...admin rights required?
    Last edited by helsinkiharbour; September 8th, 2012 at 16:55.

could you upload it again please? thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by rashiakas View Post
    could you upload it again please? thanks in advance
    http://freakshare.com/files/on22pm6l...patch.rar.html