Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hard to target creatures...

Fly

Default Hard to target creatures...

Has anyone noticed how hard it is to target creatures in KeeperFX?
    I mean if this has been noticed, and has been (or can now be) added to some "to do list" and is possibly being fixed sometime?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, compare this mod to the original and see for yourselves. Good ways of checking this is by trying to quickly pick up 8 chickens or 8 golds, or trying to give gold to some fast creature like a sped up mistress.

Another thing I noticed is that warlocks are hard to slap/pick when they're behind the bookcases. In the original this may happen too, but in KeeperFX is even more noticeable.

From what I've understood, all of this happens because the hotspot for interacting with creatures is on their feet (thus not ever being able to slap/pick a warlock behind the bookcases), which makes it very hard in many situations.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Hard to target creatures...

I know about this already, I already know why.

Look at the creature data for the Archer and tell me what you see. More specifically, tell me his dexterity. It is 24. Yet in the original, it was 100.

DragonsLover's patch is included in FX, and that includes his "Dexterity Fix", which solves a problem in the original Dungeon Keeper in which after the dexterity value leveled beyond 255, it would return to 0 and start over again.

However, in FX no value returns to 0 and so this fix is needless.

Yet there is one flaw, DragonsLover forgot the Defense value. He lowered Dexterity value by 24%, but since the Defence value was never lowered, it appears as if all creatures have poor aiming abilities.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Fly

But... this patch is what makes the hand cannot pick up things or slap creatures just by being on top of them??

Quote Originally Posted by Skaruts View Post
    But... this patch is what makes the hand cannot pick up things or slap creatures just by being on top of them??
    Oh that also is just a bug in FX. Strange how you get that as I don't nor haven't since... I dunno, some version or somthing?

Tesonu is napping!

Ghost

Since the mouse code was changed it happened here, It thought Mefisto said that it had something to do with the resolution you play on. The mouse was made for a specific aspect ratio and another resolution say 640x480 instead of 640x400 wil slightly change the coordinates of the mouse compared to the creature bellow it.

Yes, but I might also made a mistake somewhere in code...

It's hard to test that, but I'll try to check if there's something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaruts View Post
    Oh sorry, I was talking about something else. I kinda didn't read too terribly much of your post or something, I dunno...

CRITICAL FAILURE!!!

I was talking about in battle how you cannot hit creatures as easily. Both are problems to fix I suppose. It really makes it harder for melee creatures attacking support creatures.

Tesonu is napping!

Fly

I still have it happening even in 320x200. Now I noticed that after I pick up the 1st creature or chicken or gold, it gets harder to pick more because it pops up a green cube below the hand, and from then on it's the base of that cube that will take effect on highlighting the chosen pickable thing. Which makes me have to have the hand a little higher than the "thing" to be able to pick it up instead of right on top of it.

But now, I remembered some other thing that's also very noticeable:
    when playing in resolutions higher than 320x200 AND when playing with low walls, the green square gets offset 1 tile upwards, as if it's still considering walls to be high, I suppose. The land marking is still made where the mouse is.

And lol Rex, that was Epic. But maybe worth pointing out.
    Last edited by Skaruts; May 27th, 2010 at 21:28.

The low walls bug is fixed and will not appear anymore in v0.27.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Oh sorry, I was talking about something else. I kinda didn't read too terribly much of your post or something, I dunno...

CRITICAL FAILURE!!!

I was talking about in battle how you cannot hit creatures as easily. Both are problems to fix I suppose. It really makes it harder for melee creatures attacking support creatures.
    *Sigh* Are you insinuating that my patch sucks?

I KNOW that I lowered the Dexterity, but this was for the ORIGINAL game. In KeeperFX, I told Mefisto if I had to change the values back to normal, but if I remember well, if I'm not wrong (cause I may be wrong), he told me to keep them the way they are.

Mefisto, if you confirm that the Dexterity problem has been solved and that the values should be those from the original version, then now, simply bring back the Dexterity values to default.

Over.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...