Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sacrifice editing?

Default Sacrifice editing?

has anyone been able to figure out how to save these types of variables? i want to alter the sacrifice list so i can actually pull some new things togeather, like some new creture creating combinations so i can maybe have a bit of an easier time in building up my dungeon with specific creatures.

Default Re: Sacrifice editing?

I tried once, but it hasn't worked. i think its something to do with the game.

its not like i can edit the campaign maps to put some hero toolboxes with all creatures AND heros that can be converted without dieing, in and make the maps much bigger so i have space to build all rooms, i've tried that, and even makeing sure that i dont have any mixed files...it still doesnt work and the game just crashes, so my only real hope is to see if i can figure out how to save the sacrifice data to how i want it to be.

The problem is that the editor doesn't save the data.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

You can edit the sacrifices and make them work if you edit straight the GlobalVariables.kwd file using an hex editor.

First sacrifice is stored at hex address : 101C

Here's what is written there : 01 08 01 08 00 00 01 14 03

First, third and fifth bytes are the first, second and third "kind" of thing to sacrifice. Actually, 01 means a Creature and 00 means nothing.

Second, forth and sixth bytes are the first, second and third ID of the specified kinds. Just look into the editor to know exactly which ID you want to use. Actually here, 08 is the Vampire and 00 means nothing.

Seventh byte is the "kind" of thing for the reward. Again, 01 means a Creature.

Eighth byte is the Speech ID to use for the reward. 14 (20 in decimal) means the 20th message which is : "Blessed with Bile Demon" speech.

Ninth byte is the ID of the specified kind of the reward. Of course, 03 means the Bile Demon.

Then, each entry is separated by : 00 00 00 2B 00 00 00

So, if you want to add a new sacrifice, I guess you'll have to add this line after the 44th sacrifice by yourself, but I'm not sure about that. Try it and be sure to keep the original file in safety in case something goes wrong.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

i think it would help if we had a list of which values equal what, i do want to get them right afterall, but its not 100% nessicary yet

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Just look into the DK2 Level Editor, in the Level Variables, in Sacrifices window. The dropdown boxes correspond to the values, they are the "lists". However, this is a bit different for the things that have an ID.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

well now i can add that sacrafice I've been needing to add scince april.

too bad we cant get a program togeather for this, because i really know i'm going to take a while to change and add what i want in there, it would take a couple of days i bet

na, just right down the id of each creature, open the game's globel data, do some hex editing, and wala. Instent sacrafice editing.

Trust me, the hero gate working thing is no easier.