Thread: How do I play Dungeon Keeper 1 in multiplayer?

Default How do I play Dungeon Keeper 1 in multiplayer?

Hey guys, I want to play dungeon keeper in multiplayer so please help me. What do I need besides two computers?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: qqluqq

Default Re: How do I play Dungeon Keeper 1 in multiplayer?

dude check this page

Link doesnt work,
    Any tips on this, Im curious my self, I've had the game so long I cant believe I still have never played multiplayer

Shougn

Beetle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: frontliner2

I would love to play Keeper FX against another human ]

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Oggrr

LAN play is quite buggy atm. But if you want to try it theres help in the TCP_readme.txt in the keeperFX folder.

im using this technique http://tech.icrontic.com/articles/dungeon_keeper_lan/
    works like a charm maybe a bit laggy at times anyway good luck =)

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

I recently did a multiplayer game under Dosbox as well with a friend, but it's still lagging. Perhaps it was because he was wireless, but anyway, it was still playable and I won.

I think it's also possible to use the Dosbox multiplayer method with Hamachi as well, but then, it's gonna be probably laggy too.

Otherwise, there's that way.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Hi all! I am a new user on Keeper Klan as you may have noticed. A short introduction to begin with: I am 21 years old and i live in the Netherlands. I am a great fan of Dungeon Keeper (arent we all?) since i was a little kid. I have a question about the multiplayer feature in Dungeon Keeper Gold and/or KeeperFX.. How to play multiplayer? i tried to play with my brother and i tried different ways. I am not an expert at this kind of stuff but nothing i tried and looked up on the internet seems to work. I would love to play against my brother since he is very cocky when it comes to playing games with me.. especially strategy games.

I hope someone has the answer for me so i can too enjoy Dungeon Keeper at it's max.

Thanks.

Imp

This is an old post, but I would like to mention how I did it in only private games with my friend years ago, and still can be done today, which is another way to set a game up, and I believe it's still the fastest way to play the original Multiplayer of DK1, maybe due to the fact it's the Windows 95 version of the game.

And I find that it always seems to run faster over the internet for some reason, at least it seems that way in the past when I played DK 1 online with the Windows version of the game, instead of the DOS version.

I also believe using Win98SE on a VM works even faster for some reason, if all players are using Win98SE, but it's hard to prove.

Here is a video of me doing it, the way I have always done it in the past for people still interested in playing it online - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs3xK_0KFDc.

I was using Win98SE on VM Virtualbox, but my friend was using Windows XP without a VM at the time, which may of slowed the game down just a little but, still quite playable.

You can play with AI, and up to 4 player games, and in this video I am playing a 2 player game, with 2 AI opponents, and we are allied with each other to take out both AI.

I am playing from the UK and he is playing in the USA, and our ping is shown in the video.

By the way Kali is an IPX network emulator for DOS and Windows, enabling legacy multiplayer games to work over a modern TCP/IP network such as the Internet, which I was using, and as it works for Windows games too, it has allowed me to use Win98SE and the Windows version of the "keeper95.exe" and deeper95.exe" to play online.

Kali though is not free, but it's cheap to purchase a serial, however don't expect to find people playing DK1 there, you are best to group with friends.

And I should mention it does require a port to be forwarded for Kali.
    Last edited by Replica; September 1st, 2016 at 11:40.

If you play on Mac see my youtube tutorial for Mac:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4Ygf0mtrU&t=11s

If you are on windows, I am currently making a windows tutorial and will upload it to the same channel soon.

Hope this helps!