Thread: Last big upgrade

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Default Last big upgrade

Today at 21:00 CEST i will put the board offline again in order to upgrade to vBulletin 4.0.4.

After the board has been upgraded, and tested. The board will remain offline in order to import the old forum to its own subforum, and hopefully i will have the new theme ready when the board is put back online.

I know this is short notice, but I really wanted to upgrade to vB 4.0.4 in order to get rid of this white terror of a theme we are currently using.
    "The essence of religion: Fear God and obey God. The quintessence of spirituality: Love God and become another God." -- Sri Chinmoy

Default Re: Last big upgrade

Yay

Why not just do it no-*hate mail*
    Last edited by A New Room; June 18th, 2010 at 16:18.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

Gamer IDs

No cant say i was entirely impressed by vB 4.0.4 - the "Style Generator" is really sucky, i did manage to create something but man - i am not impressed by the results.

The old theme is still there, you can select it from the style selector at the bottom of the screen, so if you are not entirely happy about the new theme at its flaws you can select it.

The forum merge failed, i will be doing it at a later date. It will require some work, but it is still on the table.

Facebook integration is back, should no longer be slowing the forum down, plus it has got some additional features to share forum threads on facebook.

work on the theme will continue, although slowly but it will get there.
    "The essence of religion: Fear God and obey God. The quintessence of spirituality: Love God and become another God." -- Sri Chinmoy

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

Take as long as you want and need, we can wait.

I agree with Evi, no point in rushing it out.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

Hellhound

^

What they said.
    : D

Gamer IDs

For anyone still on the sucky theme i advice you to try http://www.keeperklan.com/forum.php?styleid=9, it is based on theme from the old invisionfree forum. If that isn't old school enough for you you can try http://www.keeperklan.com/forum.php?styleid=11 which is fixed width version (you will probably experience a few issues with large images using fixed width).

Neither are done yet, but it is much much better than the default, and the generated one. I will not be working a red theme like we had before on vBulletin 3.8, unless someone provides me with a mock up of the final result with color hex codes.