Thread: Citizen images/appearances

Default Citizen images/appearances

I'm thinking that overworld citizens/peasents will basically be one creature, however for realism sakes it would be a good idea to have a number of images for them, for example; a farmer, a cook, a lumberjack and a builder.
    What do people think of this, how should these images be decided and are there any other citizen image ideas?
    Last edited by Blue Eagle; September 4th, 2009 at 20:44.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pablo404 PSN ID: pablo404

Default Re: Citizen images/appearances

Yeah there will be a range of different appearences for the 'villager' creature. I always imagined we would start with farmers and basic settlers in early levels, leading up to tradesmen (blacksmiths, market traders) and wealthy civilians (kill for lots of gold!!) in larger villages.

Their clothing will obviously be medieval in appearence and will be slightly stylised to fit in with the visual style of DK.

Yeah, I think we need some uncommon villegers, like the dumb fool, or the high wealthy. Then if you can kill the diffrent villagers, than you get rewards, the higher the villager, the better tha reward.

As for what they look like: Poor, medieval type clothes and maybe an old time hat.

I don't know if this is what you mean by images and appearances, but I think the citizens should appear at least somewhat stupid, comical, goofy, arrogant maybe? I really don't want to emphasize with them as I kill them

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

No more overworld.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    No more overworld.
    The irony