Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Creatures acting oddly~

Default Re: Creatures acting oddly~

So, since the topic has been almost 2 years and the problem remains acute. Since the previous advices (to close \ sell Torture room or cut way back in the Lair) are not suitable for all maps \ campaigns and therefore are not a universal solution.
    Therefore I want to ask about changes in future versions KeeperFX. Planned (if it possible) is to adjust AI of creatures with Teleport spell for more appropriate behavior at during the battle?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

For now, it's unknown. Mefisto will put his hands on this as soon as he'd become available.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by HellsFait View Post
    Not sure exactly how else to describe this.
    I've been having issues with the mistresses. It seems random weather or not it happens, but sometimes when I go to send them into battle, they either just stand around doing nothing, or walk away ignoring the dude I want them to kill! This doesn't happen to terribly often, but still annoying when it does.
    A bit of an old post, but wanted to say I am sure this was part of the game and even in the original Dungeon Keeper.

You must keep the Mistress's well fed, or she won't attack the enemy if she is hungry.

So just drop them into the Hatchery or feed them chickens, then go out to the enemy to attack and they all will start to attack.

If she is hungry then she won't want to attack and just walk away, which I believe was a normal strategy in the original.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    I know that this may happens if you use a CTA spell. Sometimes, the Mistresses ignore the enemies as it seems there's a weird thing happening with their AI because of the Torture Chamber. Try either selling the Torture Chamber or lock the room with doors.
    This. It's not related to the hatchery or eating. It's actually the Torture Chamber that causes it.

The Awakening

Imp

I think I have a similar problem when playing some single player KeeperFX lately.

My Orcs have completely started to ignore the enemy for some strange reason, using the nightly r453, on a map Swedish Spirit.

They had been working before but suddenly they started to ignore enemy's and such, as well as some other creatures I have.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

I'd be curious to take a look at this. Orcs aren't supposed to ignore the enemies unless they've been chickenized or they're in a situation where they can't reach the enemies to attack them. If you're playing an alternative campaign, perhaps the creatures' data has been altered, causing them to flee.

Otherwise, I have no idea.

As for the Mistress bug, it's a bug old since the beginning. It's really caused because of the Torture Chamber combined with CTA spell. You must ensure to lock the room or sell it and Mistresses will NEVER ignore the enemies.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Imp

savesMarch2012.rar

Here is the saved game.

However check the Orcs out. They seem to about all of them just walk off, if you drop them by an enemy.

And I think your right, it may be a campaign and the creatures data might of been altered.

Load the first save called "Me".

I am having trouble where some of the Orcs just stand there in a baltte and keep walking off, with or without the CTA spell.

I tried to enlarge the lair but that had not worked.
    Last edited by Replica; March 24th, 2012 at 22:33.