Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer Strategies

Imp
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: BG7991

Default Multiplayer Strategies

Hey there, could anybody help me with strategies for dungeon keeper? Whenever my brother and I play together, tthe game normally goes with us taking 3 hours training all our creatures to level 10 and then winning by brute force, so it is normally 3 hours of training, 10 minutes of actual action. Could anybody help me think of more interesting strategies?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Multiplayer Strategies

Quote Originally Posted by TheJohn11313 View Post
    Hey there, could anybody help me with strategies for dungeon keeper? Whenever my brother and I play together, tthe game normally goes with us taking 3 hours training all our creatures to level 10 and then winning by brute force, so it is normally 3 hours of training, 10 minutes of actual action. Could anybody help me think of more interesting strategies?
    Strategies just come with ways of thinking. Therefore, some strategies might work for some people and not for others, therefore there might not be much we can help you with but I'll give it a shot.

Simply training all your creatures to highest level possible does sound very plain and simple. Perhaps you should go a bit more on the offensive aggressive side and do frequent attacks, try taking some land or something. That should at least make things more interesting with battles. Look at your spells and use them. With conceal you could sneak some Imps over to claim his land.

You could also use the Scavenger Room and have a scavanging war back and fourth. Scavanging demands a bit more money so when you seek more gold, you're probably going to run into each other by surprise and that is always interesting as it knocks the difficulty up a notch.

Just some ideas, explore the game some more though. By the looks of it, you really seem like a bit of an inexperianced player if you're just training all day long then fighting with brute force. No offense or anything really.

Have you played Deeper Dungeons by the way?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Imp
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, I've played deeper dungeons, but as you've already suggested, I'm an inexperienced player I could never complete any deeper dungeons levels apart from Dixaroc. Still, some of these strategies sound interesting. Thanks!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: qqluqq

place rooms in a chess pattern the room will cost less and will be able to have more creatures in it
    if you place an other room trough it you can have about 3 times as many creatures in the same room.
    (only for DKI)
    not to use for:
    lair: some creaturs require more then 1 tile
    Bridge
    hatchery
    some creatures might only be attracted by a room of at least x*x tiles so make some normal rooms to.

Quote Originally Posted by Necror View Post
    place rooms in a chess pattern the room will cost less and will be able to have more creatures in it
    No no, do not do that. I used to think that was a good idea at some point but I realized it was terrible. The efficiancy scale goes down, and I don't think it is even possible to train creatures.

On the subject of rooms, make them very big and square, make sure you reinforce the walls too. That increases efficiancy of the room, and possible efficiancy of the creatures but also room space is good too.[/QUOTE]

Tesonu is napping!

Imp
    Gamer IDs

I've never tried the checkerboard pattern, it does seem inefficient. However I find using a one-squar training room does make training more efficient because creatures can train but they don't waste half of the time wandering around the training room (because there's no space)

Quote Originally Posted by TheJohn11313 View Post
    I've never tried the checkerboard pattern, it does seem inefficient. However I find using a one-squar training room does make training more efficient because creatures can train but they don't waste half of the time wandering around the training room (because there's no space)
    As long as the creature has the training job and is in the training room, he gains experiance. In other words, it doesn't matter how big it is, if he walks half a mile he'll still level up as fast as if he were attacking a training post.

The only thing that is faster is if you have Dark Mistresses and Samurais as they sorta train with other creatures, and I recall that gets more experiance.

Tesonu is napping!

I like to rush. Get as many portals as u can. Know the map well. Train to level 4-5. Dig several patches at once, breach the enemy walls at 2-3 places at once. This confuses and disorients a player. Plus, enemy imps are less effective at defending their rooms when they have to protect 2-5 places at the same time.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Step 1: Build a 5x5 Treasury, multiple 5x5 Lairs, a 5x5 Hatchery and one or two 5x5 Training Rooms. Having an organized layout with only 5x5 rooms and 1 tile of walls/doors between them maximizes efficiency and is easy to work with. Build a Library for some level 1 Warlocks to rot in.

Dragons, Bile Demons, and later on Orcs, Dark Mistresses and Vampires (and a Reaper if I find one) will be trained. Anything else that comes through the portal will be thrown into the temple (or portal if I don't have a temple yet), if it has no negative side effects; I wait until I reach the creature cap before doing that. When I reach the cap, I'll also gradually throw away my level 1 researching staff.

If I get Heroes, I keep them as prisoners until I reach the cap, then convert them. Weaker Heroes will be slapped to death for the graveyard.

Additionally, early on I get as much gold as I can and secure all gems (but don't mine them).

Side-note: I usually have 12, 16 or 20 Imps running around, depending on gold availability. After having 20 they start costing too much.

Step 2: If I run low on gold, I build a large treasury next to any secured gems and start mining those. If I don't have those, I dig towards any and all remaining gold resources remaining, as well as the enemy. My superiorly trained Dragons/Bile Demon army will usually kick the other army's ass, and then I win.

Alternatively, if gems are available, I wait until most of my Dragons reach level 10 and then go to the enemy.

The Awakening

Yes, YES! Feed me your strategies so I can improve and SLAUGHTER YOU ALL!!!

@Mothrayas, out of curiousity, what is your definition of weak heroes?

Tesonu is napping!