Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Idea

Default Re: Idea

I've made that 1.7 ai code have 1.51 values and well, its not what we're looking for, the ai still refuses to drop anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dk2player View Post
    You know, I've been giving this some thought, but I think the Ai is determined by the map. It would explain why you can cahnge the ai controled setting in a map, not the game
    I think only thing map determines is how ai builds, it has nothing to do with how ai attacks or drops creatures, I think.

Post Re: Idea

I think you guys are looking on the wrong 'level'. Both 1.51 and 1.7 got AI value settings defined in every map. Those value settings between the 2 versions are a bit different (sometimes to low or to high) but still he does not execute them at all and simple ignore them. Example the setting/value attack when all creatures are lvl X, this one is in 1.7 ignored dunno about 1.51. Same goes for dropping creatures near a enemy.

The settings and there values are there, but simply ignored.

DK2 got a different loader for each "type" of map:

- Official campaign levels: Loader A

- Self made levels played as single player mode: Loader B

- Self made levels played as campaign level: Leader B

- Self made levels played as MPD: Loader B

- Self made levels played as skirmish: Loader C

Loader C is the best in 1.7, it does follow "attack when all creatures are lvl X" (and thus using the combat pit) and dropping creatures better near a enemy.

A simple test is pick a campaign level, save it but don't change anything and play it as a campaign level or as a single player level and most settings are then simply ignored. Play it as skirmish and the AI is better and follow all settings.

Maybe its the editor itself that fucks things up i dunno.

The game clearly distinguish what loader it has to use. If you can change this, that it will always use Loader C instead of the others, then you got a way better AI in every map
    Last edited by Stiekel; September 19th, 2009 at 13:41.

But what we want to know is why the ai acts like that. and if possible, how do we make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiekel View Post
    I think you guys are looking on the wrong 'level'. Both 1.51 and 1.7 got AI value settings defined in every map. Those value settings between the 2 versions are a bit different (sometimes to low or to high) but still he does not execute them at all and simple ignore them. Example the setting/value attack when all creatures are lvl X, this one is in 1.7 ignored dunno about 1.51. Same goes for dropping creatures near a enemy.

The settings and there values are there, but simply ignored.

DK2 got a different loader for each "type" of map:

- Official campaign levels: Loader A

- Self made levels played as single player mode: Loader B

- Self made levels played as campaign level: Leader B

- Self made levels played as MPD: Loader B

- Self made levels played as skirmish: Loader C

Loader C is the best in 1.7, it does follow "attack when all creatures are lvl X" (and thus using the combat pit) and dropping creatures better near a enemy.

A simple test is pick a campaign level, save it but don't change anything and play it as a campaign level or as a single player level and most settings are then simply ignored. Play it as skirmish and the AI is better and follow all settings.

Maybe its the editor itself that fucks things up i dunno.

The game clearly distinguish what loader it has to use. If you can change this, that it will always use Loader C instead of the others, then you got a way better AI in every map
    No no no. AI does not attack you in 1.7 in any case. yes, it builds, yes it spreads, but it doesnt drop creatures. Neither in campaign nor in skirmish.

That is the only problem we are trying to solve
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

as far as i know ai sets call to arms in 1.7. from time to time he sets it to the heart. stupid thing is that creatures never manage to come to the heart.
    thats a kind of attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ðârk Âñgêl View Post
    as far as i know ai sets call to arms in 1.7. from time to time he sets it to the heart. stupid thing is that creatures never manage to come to the heart.
    thats a kind of attack.
    He did the same in 1.0 but more often, more rapidly and eventually, more effectively.

I'm just going to say I'm not doing this anymore, I play v1.3

Reverse engineering is more difficult than making a program from scrap. Not only you have to be able to understand programming, you also have to be very good at it, with lots of experience.

We need a serious programmer dude. Our feeble attempts to dig the game are nothing but a waste of time.