Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs and crashes, now for version 0.37c

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Default Bugs and crashes, now for version 0.37c

Now, I just played Batezek and I got a crash quite early after defeating some heroes. The crash occurred when I clicked on a creature in the Battle window at the bottom of the screen. It was a near death Dark Mistress surrounded by tons of enemies.

Yet, the same bugs like in version 0.37b remain, meaning that once again, for that level, some parties don't head to the dungeon heart by themselves: they are wandering around, imps can't get the dead corpses by themselves, which should be VERY important here, got an imp that didn't release a corpse to the graveyard, thus being impossible to grab.

Additionally, since the new update, the Training Room is really quiet. Creatures stop fighting the training posts around the room and instead, they walk more around the room, doing a hit from times to times. Also, "PartnerTraining" doesn't seem to work at all. I got some Mistresses and they aren't really willing to train with other creatures.

Got pathfinding problems too. When a payday occurs, it may happens that a creature walks in a random direction and takes a longer path to reach the Treasure Room instead of the short one that all other creatures take. It's like if the creature suddenly stopped going in the right way to turn around and take the other longer way. It happened to me twice so far.

EDIT - Got two weird things now when I played Belial:
    - Sometimes, when a creature that just entered in our dungeon reaches the dungeon heart, the red gas cloud with the "Ohm!" sound effect doesn't occur.
    - Sometimes, when a creature wanna create its lair, its thought bubble disappears during the way and acts like if it doesn't want to create his lair anymore until it stops in the middle of the lair. Then, the thought bubble reappears and the creature moves back to make its lair properly. Weird.
    Last edited by DragonsLover; July 30th, 2010 at 10:36.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Gamer IDs

Default Re: Bugs and crashes, now for version 0.37c

Bump!

Got something weird now in "Tickle" campaign level. All of a sudden, without no reasons, all creatures of the whole level froze completely during a payday. They all couldn't move even by slapping them or possessing them, and when I took them and dropped them, they got suspended in the air. Only new created imps are moving and acting normally. Also, all numbers in the creature panel turned to a red 0. This is the weirdest thing I have encountered in the game so far.

Here's a saved game to see it by yourself: freeze.zip

EDIT: The cause seems to be the enemy keeper performing creature sacrifices. It seems that, when his creatures are angry, he throws them there instead in the portal.

Other bugs I have noticed:

- When a pile of gold is over a tile where there's a treasure room gold pile, it is impossible to grab it as the game selects the treasure room gold pile instead of the unused one. This generally happens when enlarging the full treasure room next to a gem block.
    - Still got problems with speeches, especially after a saved game. I couldn't hear "A door has been manufactured" or "A trap has been manufactured". Also, once again, I can't hear "One of your prisoners have died and raised as a skeleton".
    - When a fly is stunned while imprisoning is on, we can still hear his wings flying, which shouldn't be the case.

EDIT: - Creatures with exploring as primary job become frozen when they wanna go to a place beyond a locked door, like if they were forced to go there. Would be nice to tell them to explore elsewhere in the AI. Also, like I once stated, they don't seem to go to unexplored areas, they are only exploring around in our dungeon without caring for that.
    Last edited by DragonsLover; August 7th, 2010 at 01:45.

Ghost

- When a fly is stunned while imprisoning is on, we can still hear his wings flying, which shouldn't be the case.
    I Believe that's also in the original game, so not a KeeperFX bug, but it's weird indeed.

I have also found the game crashes every time I want to possess a fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Damse View Post
    I have also found the game crashes every time I want to possess a fly.
    I will correct myself! I have just tried the game using D3DWindower and by lowering the resolution the crash is no longer present. It crashed only in higher resolutions in fullscreen mode.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Damse View Post
    I will correct myself! I have just tried the game using D3DWindower and by lowering the resolution the crash is no longer present. It crashed only in higher resolutions in fullscreen mode.
    Please edit your post next time. Thank you for your time. Please leave a tip at the counter.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Now that I am under Seven 64-bit, I have noticed some additional bugs:

- Some creatures training in the Training Room are motionless. They don't move, but still get experience.
    - I changed the health of the Giant to be higher in the config file. However, during the game, if the Giant (as a hero) has a high experience level, his health flower turns yellow with a few health petals remaining. Once damaged enough, the flower returns white at full health like normally. That's weird.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    - Some creatures training in the Training Room are motionless. They don't move, but still get experience.
    I noticed that bug in an earlier version I think, but it disappeared so I never thought about it much.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    - I changed the health of the Giant to be higher in the config file. However, during the game, if the Giant (as a hero) has a high experience level, his health flower turns yellow with a few health petals remaining. Once damaged enough, the flower returns white at full health like normally. That's weird.
    I know something like that in the original DK1. As you should already know (Or at least I hope you know) the creatures who are placed on the map at the beginning refer to the creature data file for their health. If there are changes in the script, it only changes their max health. Their current health is the health from the creature file.

One of my very early maps featured changes to the Horned Reaper's health. I tried to raise it, yet lowered it unintentionally (Due to my lack of knowledge of actual health at the time) and the result was something similar: Yellow health bars. Once I cut the bars down, they returned to White. I converted them and their health would never go back up beyond white (Which confused me at the time)

Maybe this bug has something to do with that, possibly with different creature configs?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Well... I guess the campaign starts by using the data from the default configurations (in the "creatrs" folder), then applies and overwrites the modified configurations in the "campaign_ctr" folder. Here, I added health to the Giant in the "giant.cfg" that is inside the "creatrs" folder. When it reads the "giant.cfg" in the "ancntkpr_ctr" folder, the health differs and something weird is occurring. So, yeah, possibly with different creature configs.

Only Mefisto would know.

Gamer IDs

- With "Multiply Creatures" crate, I got level 10 creatures from the ones that weren't level 10. It especially happens with imps. I got level 10 imps from level 3 - 4 ones.
    - Creature's annoyance doesn't seem to work properly. For example, when Horny eats a chicken, he doesn't get angrier. When a creature stands over a corpse during possession, nothing seems to happen for a few seconds.
    - While in another campaign than the original one and clicking on the "Continue game" button on the main menu, the stats from the original campaign are used instead of the ones of the selected campaign. For example, I got Hornies to use Missile from my patch in Ancient Keeper when in fact, they shouldn't.
    - Creature's Lightning spell slows down the game when used, especially during possession or in Query mode or when the spell is used massively by multiple creatures. Is it normal? Normally, NO LAG should occur.
    - About the imps not dropping a dragging object, it seems to happen when they're scared or are attacking or when something alters their IA. The object becomes useless even if the imp is dead, which is really annoying.
    - I noticed something strange with Workshops. Very often, creatures are attracted by the anvil in the top-right corner of the room for no reason. They often stay there and aren't using the others or hitting the machines in the middle of the room. It happened on an Ancient Keeper level though.
    - In some cases, when starting a new level during a campaign, the game freezes (screen stays black).

Anything new by the way? I didn't get any answer about the correction progress of these bugs. A "bug fixed log" would be nice.
    Last edited by DragonsLover; November 6th, 2010 at 18:17.