Thread: sleepiburgh

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nmjayjay Steam ID: NmJayJay

Default sleepiburgh

just found a bug where i cannot research the last spell, it is just a question mark. the upgrade bar was not going up, even though my 6x6 library was full. i have the game saved so i just want to know what to do

Default Re: sleepiburgh

The last spell, Destroy Walls, takes a ridiculously long time to research. It's possible that you use an inefficient researching staff (e.g. level 1 Warlocks) that take so long to work on it that there's no visible progress yet. Keep in mind spellbooks take up a significant amount of Library space. The room's efficiency could also be a partial reason.

So basically, try again with at least half a dozen level 10 Dragons or Warlocks or so.

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

yeah i am using level 1 warlocks so i'll train them up a bit ;P thanks mothrayas

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Yes, "Destroy Walls" spell takes A WHILE to be researched. In fact, this level is some kind of introduction to that spell as it forces the player to get tons and tons of Warlocks to get it available.

Generally, the trick is to sacrifice two in the temple pool to get it available straight. If you don't have , then here's what I generally do: I remove all researchers and get them to train. Once they're on higher levels, then I bring them back in the library and it takes less time for the spell to be researched. However, watch for imps and other non-researcher creatures that travel through the library, as Warlocks will be pissed off quick.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

While we're at it, does anyone else think Destroy Walls could use a little reduction in research time? It is an incredibly long time, especially considering you need to have all but one other spells first, too.

Gamer IDs

it seems ok to me i guess, dungeon keeper games are meant to be damn long seeing as you have to research all the rooms and the walls are impenetrable (besides the spell)

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

I guess it was meant for that spell to have a long research time, considering how powerful is that spell, especially during multiplayer games. Also, if we'd decide the computer players to use it in a future KeeperFX version, I guess it would be good for them to take a while researching that spell.

But if you really REALLY want, and insist, I can reduce the amount of research points in my next KeeperFX patch.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Ghost

Use two flies if you want it fast, else be Patient.

For reference, to research everything before Destroy Walls, you need 414200 research points total. Then you need 750000 more to research Destroy Walls. It just seems kinda silly to have it that extreme, but I agree that it doesn't need to be changed.