Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX 0.37c is a problem with displaying Russian fonts - decision

Default Re: KeeperFX 0.37c is a problem with displaying Russian fonts - decision

Quote Originally Posted by gramilon View Post
    Thank you
    np

BTW - did you noticed, that "P" letter of your russian fonts looks weird? Is it possible to fix that?

Russian:

спасибо
    немазащо

Кстати - не заметил что в твоих русских фонтах немного корявая буква "Р" ? Реально пофиксить?

Default Re: KeeperFX 0.37c is a problem with displaying Russian fonts - decision

Quote Originally Posted by theleo_ua View Post
    Кстати - не заметил что в твоих русских фонтах немного корявая буква "Р" ? Реально пофиксить?
    не заметил, можешь скрин выслать? и для сравнения скрин из дос версии

не заметил, можешь скрин выслать? и для сравнения скрин из дос версии
    Your fonts: http://i18.fastpic.ru/big/2011/0318/...0bab169d7a.png
    Original dos fonts: http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9199/rus4.png

See the difference?

Твои шрифты: http://i18.fastpic.ru/big/2011/0318/...0bab169d7a.png
    Досовые шрифты: http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9199/rus4.png

Видишь разницу?

Time to dig out the thread.

KeeperFX now generates all font files automatically when building, so it's possible to modify fonts so they will support russian without replacing any files.

What I need from someone is to integrate russian characters with one of the fonts; then I will do the same for other fonts and we'll have everything working.

Here is the design of the font file:
    Attachment 1232

Inside, you will find a lot of images containing single characters. Names of the images contain Unicode symbol of the character inside.
    Russian chars are those named char_u04??.png. The task is to insert names of these files inside "filelist_frontft1.txt", replacing ONLY lines with numbers higher than 80, and only those which currently contain "char_empty.png".

Rules, in short:
    - The amount of lines in file can't change
    - Lines which contain something else than "char_empty.png" can't be modified
    - Line number of these lines can't change
    - You can't insert new lines, you can only replace existing ones
    - Lines below no. 80 are untouchable
    - Lines 154-163 are untouchable (they're "empty" in the file I attached, but they're used in other files)

The main difficulity is that there are 64 russian characters, and there's less than 50 free places (lines with "char_empty.png") in the .txt file.
    Which means that for some of the russian chars, we'll have to use corresponding chars from latin alphabet.

Output:
    What I need is the modified .txt file. Send it to me (or upload here on the forum) after you're done.

Well, anyone interested in making that happen?
    Last edited by mefistotelis; November 16th, 2013 at 14:32.

Ok, I'm going to try that. But now I want to remake letters (I think it tooks 2 days). Also isn't this font using only in main menu?
    Last edited by Данила Карлов; January 30th, 2014 at 19:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Данила Карлов View Post
    Also isn't this font using only in main menu?
    I have letters for all fonts I think.

Check graphics files here:
    http://keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk_keeperfx_devel.php

Ok, I remade russian fonts. Now I'm start working on your problem. With wich tool I can edit your file? 'cause then I open it with notepad there's only simple text and I can't understand there is wich line. Also can we make work one symbol (letter) as english and russian? For example A and А
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Данила Карлов; January 31st, 2014 at 12:17.

With wich tool I can edit your file? 'cause then I open it with notepad there's only simple text and I can't understand there is wich line.
    It's a text file.
    If the text editor from Microsoft doesn't seem to work, use any other editor.

I'm using FAR Manager, and its build-in editor is enough for this.
    If you want graphics one, try MadEdit - it is one of my favourites.

Also can we make work one symbol (letter) as english and russian? For example A and А
    I think you will have to do this - otherwise, there won't be enough space for new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    It's a text file.
    If the text editor from Microsoft doesn't seem to work, use any other editor.

I'm using FAR Manager, and its build-in editor is enough for this.
    If you want graphics one, try MadEdit - it is one of my favourites.

I think you will have to do this - otherwise, there won't be enough space for new characters.
    Ok, I open file with AkelPad and it works great, tomorrow I will upload ready version of .txt

About two symbols as one: if I will do this, so how can I make it? I can't imagine that

About two symbols as one: if I will do this, so how can I make it? I can't imagine that
    Why? Just don't change the line, and write me a comment about it so I could know which letter to associate with which line.

Btw, the association between line and char is here:
    https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/s...ing_tbl_ru.txt

If you're able, try to make an updated version of that file too. If not - modified sprites list file + comments about line numbers to re-use will be enough for me to update it.