Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: :: Intro Cinematic ::

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nmjayjay Steam ID: NmJayJay

Default Re: :: Intro Cinematic ::

i didn't mean like multiple hornies silly :P i just meant like goblins or whatever
    Last edited by emperorjay; September 4th, 2010 at 22:16.
    Syndicate wars

The brave hide behind technology.The stupid hide from it. But the clever have technology, and hide it.
    Poor workers blame their tools. Good workers build better tools. The best workers get their tools to do the work for them.
    Not only will all eyes be on the leaders of men, but all combat sights as well
    Bravery will take you into the most dangerous of places. Overwhelming firepower will see you safely through them

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

We are using multiple horned reapers in the game.

EDIT: also, we should have some sort of awakening scene for the keeper in the game. Like overlord, in overlord your minions open your grave and contemplate rubbing acid in your eyes to wake you up. After that, switch to the heroes all having there final drinks in a tavern before they brave the dungeon. Ill just leave that idea here, what happens after that is still a blank spot for me.
    Last edited by kyle; September 4th, 2010 at 23:59.

Beetle
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: Xfireisdeadlol

How about this:

From a Imp perspective you see him running down a tunnels and as he makes a turn he runs directly into A massive Giant(or other huge ass Hero), the Imp offcourse is shocked. But whitin seconds, the Huge Hero drops to the ground. Emerging behind him is a Horned reaper pulling his weapon out of his back. With a few other dark creatures(around 20/30 i would say) standing behind him as they look around them victoriously hence a massive slaughter took place(from this point the camera looses the imp perspective) and they were the once to survive.

Next scene(offcourse the action scene which will conclude the intro).
    You see the Horned reaper bashing in a Door and the other (previously mentioned) creatures run past the horned reaper brutally slaughtering what is remaining of the heroes. Whilst this battle takes place you see the horned reaper walking towards the Land Lord slowly, repelling any Hero/Creature in its way. The Land Lord pulls out his sword and points it towards the Horny, the Horny laughs while fighting the land lord a little(rather toying with him). The land lord backs up and is ready to make another strike but the Horny Violently chops off the Land Lords Head... *The horny voilently laughs like the always does* and the camera slowly leaves the area showing a few images of the slaughter......... at the same time emerging the WFTO logo.

Music and how the battles, your choise how they go i'd guess

Imp
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ventris666 Steam ID: Ventris_666

I must say i like that idea it's got the same feel as the first DK intro but also some of the concepts of the second with the giant and imp

A pitch? Alright.

The heroes have just valiantly slain many 'weak' creatures when suddenly, when it looked like they'd won the fight a Warlocks meteor flies towards and sends one of the heroes flying, a Horned Reaper rushes in and takes out two with his scythe in a very bloody manner, a scared hero backs away only to fall victim to the blow of a Bile Demons mace, the Bile Demon gives the fresh-corpse the two-finger salute, more Heroes are seen coming and everything slows down, a heart-beat, fade-black, another heart-beat, fade-in and we see a dungeon heart, another heart beat then dungeon heart radiates with power, it jumps back to the rushing heroes when directly above them we see lightening strike down towards those heroes and the moment it hits or just before the screen goes black instantly and with an electrifying-effect it spells out "Its Good to be Bad, isn't it?"

The direction with the intro, where DKI got it right, was that it depicts the creatures as mindless by just killing a hero without hesitation and the heroes were actually seen as the RPG heroes you'd play as in things like Dragon-Age or Baulders Gate and so on, DKII got this completely wrong when it gave creatures a sort of a heroic perspective and the heroes a "What a dick" perspective.
    The focus is to make the heroes seem like they are in fact heroes and as such, it should be noted heroes are seen as 'better' and never should the creatures be depicted as "Friendly" like the DKII Horned Reaper (which shares a classic case of Animé hardass by having a mind and a personality of its own, mindless creatures is what it should be)

When I read Pizu's idea, a Horned Reaper drawing its scythe out of the back of a Giant in front of an Imp makes the Horned Reaper look like a kind of saviour when in-fact, a Horned Reaper would probably rip off that Imps' head and beat it against the hero just for it standing around (there's a notable reason why Imps always run away) all the whilst that horned reaper would be standing on the Giants' head trying to crush it and would probably succeed. (In the second paragraph, the Horny in Pizu's has too much focus and spotlight which again just makes it that classic animé hardass all over again. DKII did it because the game was all about the Horned Reaper succeeding in his quest to get the gems, which makes no sense because you command them, not the other way around)
    Refrain from these creatures having some 'heroic' or 'goodly' spotlight in direction, it'll ruin their image.
    Last edited by Madkill; September 10th, 2010 at 03:28.

We may change the fighting but the heart beat idea is simply awesome. There should be some survived weak dungeon creatures to make a more gloom-ish effect

As long as the beating leads upto the lightening strike to end the cutscene then it'll be awesome, to be honest, the location of where it takes place would be difficult to decide which is why the fighting isn't detailed more. I just hope there won't be a spotlight all on one creature like with DKII's dull intro, perhaps the Horned Reaper in this one should be 'blurred' or 'shadowed' in some way at the points where it appears.

Could change the fight scene to an Avatar fending off against some creatures and then taking out the Horned Reaper with a powerful magic ability, as we see from over the Avatars head, creatures rush towards the avatar with warlocks using their magical abilities and striking the avatar, the avatar being knocked back a step or two and injured by the attacks, as the creatures get close to the avatar the avatar prepares itself fearlessly and clearly able to take them all on and then-everything slows down, a heart-beat, fade-black, another heart-beat, fade-in and we see a dungeon heart, another heart beat then the dungeon heart radiates with power, it jumps back to an above-shot of the creatures and the avatar as the camera spins as it falls when it switches to a distance away, directly above the avatar we see lightening strike down towards the avatar and the moment it hits or just before it hits the screen goes black instantly and with an electrifying-effect it spells out "Its Good to be Bad, isn't it?"

We need to start with the KK logo, fullscreen and centered, with a black background maybe a faint red glow.

Also, any affiliate or personal logos need to follow.

This is an idea I had ages ago (back when Patrician ran the board) so it might need an adjustment or two:

We see a medieval town, basically one street (maybe) with buildings on each side, tens of people are going about their business, this could be done in one analytical wide shot or multiple shots depending on the mood needed, the weather is sunny, the buildings stone and green grass tufts here and there. In the background we can see a mine, could be for any resource.
    We see a knight sharpening his sword, armoured with helmet off placed to one side, this way we can see he is a knight, still the room/area is bright and he seems happy.
    The mine is shown from the front, workers coming and going, maybe singing, a light wind blows.
    We hear digging sounds, a scene inside the mine shows workers digging into a rock face. Suddenly the workers stop, they look at each other confused, the digging sounds continue.
    A close up shows one worker peering through a small hole in the wall, we see this from inside the hole, just his curious and confused face peering into it.
    In the mine interior again, the digging sounds continue, the workers back off, one of them (a young lad) runs outside.
    From first person of one of the workers, we see a section of the rock face demolished by an axe from the other side, blackness is revealed and an Imp, when the hole is opened the Imp stands for a second, confused with eyes widening, then a giant fly shoots out from above him and stings the worker in a close-up.
    The workers panic and run in a series of close-up shots while loads of giant flies, giant beetles and a few spiders come flying, crawling and walking out of the wall. Many workers are killed in a bloody mess while more creatures come to the surface, ghosts come out and circle the room. A couple of workers attempt to defend themselves with their tools only to be quickly overcome by the creatures.
    We see the young worker run into the village. He asks (without sound) various people where the knight can be found. We see the knight, he looks up as the lad meets him and the lad (still without sound) explains what happened, pointing frantically towards the mine. Suddenly the knight looks up more and the young'n turns around, an orc stands behing him, grunting, looking disgusted at these strange creatures.
    The orc swings his hammer and beheads the young'n, the knight jumps up and slashes the orc with his sword then looks across the village.
    An army of creatures is in town, biting, stabbing, clawing and setting fire to people, we are shown warlocks, hounds, beetles, flies, spiders, orcs, mistresses, skeletons and dragons at work, certain heroes (giants, samourai, dwarf, etc) putting up a fight and taking longer to kill, occassionally felling one or two creatures before being slaughtered, often from behind. This sequence is lengthy it contains a number of medium-length shots, close-ups and motion shots (moving across to follow blows). Stores and stalls are ruined, buildings are raided and horses are slaughtered while fleeing. We see various elements, magic and melee fighting with much bloodshed. As this happens it starts raining and there are small adjustments like signs and trees changing into an evil looking style. *
    The knight puts his helmet on and jumps on his horse as fast as he can, riding upstreet and slaughtering creatures much easier than other people, his sword effective and armour tough.
    A warlock is in mid-spell when he turns around and looks up, stopping his spell in progress. Orcs are shown turning and looking too. The bloodshed stops while creatures look at a shadow on a tall building (maybe a church) at the edge of the village.
    The knight halves a spider with his sword and stops, looking around, he looks up with a close up on his face (helmet on).
    Starting from a wide-length shot, zooming in eventually stopping at his face we see the Horned Reaper on a building, scythe in hand, looking down at the destruction. As we reach his face he roars and leaps forward into the image, apparently swinging his scythe (think the DK3 trailer on DK2).
    A direct cut to the title 'War from the Overworld' fullscreen and centered with a black background.**

* here we could cut into the dungeon, showing the rooms and portal, perhaps with a heartbeat sound effect repeating, show the dungeon heart at the end.

** Alternatively, we could have a one-shot tour of a dungeon or just a corridor, going towards the dungeon heart then the title is shown.

Total intro lenth, no less than 90 seconds, no longer than 5 minutes, use a well-known compression/video type if possible.
    Last edited by Blue Eagle; September 13th, 2010 at 01:01.

I would go with something like this :

something really childish and silly...like a rabbit/bunny running around on a grassy land, with butterflies dancing around the small rodent as he walks past a bunch of goodly heroes (all of them smiling and seem to be quite happy) and then--

a big hoof steps on the stupid animal, the camera rolls up only to show Horny looking down at the dead rabbit with disgust . he then sends forth his creatures who are hiding behind his massive body to slaughter some silly goodly heroes, a few scenes of combat (which mostly shows heroes being killed in horrible ways) will be shown and then the camera will be cut into the aftermath of fight where the innocent-looking imps search for any survivors... those who survive will be thrown into prison and then torture chambers...and the dead ones will be brought to Graveyards where they will be fed to the undead all of these can be squeezed into a good cinematic which is no longer than...hmmm 1 and half minute long

I would go with something like this :

something really childish and silly...like a rabbit/bunny running around on a grassy land, with butterflies dancing around the small rodent as he walks past a bunch of goodly heroes (all of them smiling and seem to be quite happy) and then--

a big hoof steps on the stupid animal, the camera rolls up only to show Horny looking down at the dead rabbit with disgust
    This sounds quite funny. What if we put after the Horny-orders-creatures-to-attack part to make a WoW-like intro?

Bunch of cool looking clips showing various stuff of Dungeon Keeper what the game is about. It does not nessesarily need to be connected by the campaign or something anyhow.
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; September 18th, 2010 at 19:49.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!