Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: :: Intro Cinematic ::

Default :: Intro Cinematic ::

Ok, This is your chance to have your idea come to life in Fully rendered 3D.

What would the coolest thing be that you would want to see?

I'll be making the Cinematic, as close as I can get to blizzard's style of Cinematics, but I need the minds of many to get the best idea possible!

You guys may work together, you can work on this by yourself at home in your free time and post it when it's done, merge two ideas, whatever!
    So post your ideas / rough script and yours could be chosen!

Don't worry about Technicalities, my and DonJoe can do pretty much anything we want in 3D.

Think BIG, and make it Epic!

here is the old Script we have, which will be used if we don't get a better idea. You may give additional ides for this script too !!!

Spoiler

Last edited by Blutonium; September 19th, 2010 at 12:59.

Default Re: :: Intro Cinematic ::

I'll just try start this off with the suggestion that like in other DK games it starts from the point of view of the heroes.

We could also do it in a way that kind of spoofs the common RPG beginning, but I definitely think it should have some humour to it.
    Last edited by A New Room; September 4th, 2010 at 14:51.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you areā€¦"

*Cheesy meadow in a sunny landscape. Heroes frolic (???) across the grasslands. The Lord of the Land is standing on a hill, looking down on his subjects*

*A portion of the hill begins to look odd. Tunneling noises are heard.*

*a TUNNEL appears from the side of the hill! A horde of MONSTERS pours out! Skeletons lead the way, followed by goblins, trolls, and other minor monsters. Horny himself follows the skeletons*

*SWITCH TO DUNGEON*

*A somewhat sinister dungeon is shown. Monsters lurk. Bright blue tiles mark the ground. A dungeon heart beats steadily. Most creatures are sleeping.*

*The WALL falls in. MONSTERS charge in! Horny, Vampires, and Skeletons lead the charge this time!*

*ALTERNATE BACK TO MEADOW*

*Heroes are massacred. Fire begins to burn the meadow.*

*ALTERNATE BACK TO DUNGEON*

*Horny dispatches several enemy creatures. Imps follow close behind.*

*Horny spots the Lord of the Land. Charging ahead of his army, he goes for the Lord.*

*Horny sees the Dungeon Heart and races to destroy it in one blow.*

*The Lord of the Land duels with Horny, neither side managing to gain the advantage yet*

*Horny is almost at the Dungeon Heart when he is greeted by another Horny! His eyes narrow and the two fight for quite some time, though both have the same strength.*

*Horny blocks a sword thrust from the Lord of the Land. Suddenly, he charges the Lord, pushes him backwards, and fries him with a fireball.*

*Horny pushes the other Horny backwards, who falls down. Horny uses his scythe and destroys the Dungeon Heart in one hit, the structure collapsing in grand fashion.*

*Horny blasts another fireball at a large structure in the middle of the valley.*

*PULL BACK*

*BLINDING EXPLOSION*

*Meadow and Dungeon, both clearly ransacked and destroyed, shown side by side*

*WAR FOR THE OVERWORLD*

looks too much like the DK2 movie.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Considering the setting and DK II's plotline, I suggest we have something similar to horny and some minions emerging from a grand portal that ends up in a large room of sorts with various treasure, weapons, ect. Imps would scurry about looking at all the fascinating treasure, trolls would marvel at some weapon racks, ect; while horny walks on through and out of the room followed by some skeletons and goblins. He is met by a small army of goodies and a small-scale battle erupts. It ends with bodies scattered around, and horny facing off against a lord. Horny gets a few close calls, but eventually defeats the lord and the camera starts to assume a bird's eye view while the land around horny starts to become corrupted. Tunnels begin to burst from parts of the corrupted land and then it hits a black screen. All you hear is horny's laugh.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

For a intro, I think we should show off a few of the new creatures/hostiles/heroes. Like Heroes going" Tra-lala-lala and the next moment, a Giant Worm/Wyrm eats one of them suddenly by digging through a wall, NOM, and goes through the other wall, and they run crapping their pants as the Wyrm pursuits them. xD

@ Kromeh

Hey, welcome back man!

Hellhound

Question:
    How long do you want the intro to be?

I already got an idea in mind that shows off...

-Battlefield (Creatures and Heroes in a massive underground cavern fighting each other)
    -Keeper Dungeons and Hero Fortresses
    -New Suggestions
    -Overworld Glimpse
    -Abyss Glimpse (if it's used)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nmjayjay Steam ID: NmJayJay

i have an idea that shows off that its about tactics

the heros are chasing a imp down a corridoor just about to reach the dungeon heart (heroes get cocky when they see the undefended heart), then imps could either dig through the two walls either side of the heroes or secret doors if they are used could open up and creatures could pour out and have a battle or something like that....
    Syndicate wars

The brave hide behind technology.The stupid hide from it. But the clever have technology, and hide it.
    Poor workers blame their tools. Good workers build better tools. The best workers get their tools to do the work for them.
    Not only will all eyes be on the leaders of men, but all combat sights as well
    Bravery will take you into the most dangerous of places. Overwhelming firepower will see you safely through them

Nah just show Horny and the minions coming out of nowhere destroying an army of useless people. I like the idea you had before but, several Hornies doesn't sound so good.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

Multiple Hornys? Bad.

Multiple Horned Reapers? Heck yes!