Thread: 3 Player Multiplayer?

Default 3 Player Multiplayer?

Hello, new here and I just have some questions:

3 of us are trying to play some DK multiplayer (same house - so a LAN, or at worst low ping over the 'internet').

We played DK2 first actually, because I never could figure out the IPX/Serial play for DK1; but DK2 crashes way too much, and with no reason - just frustrating!

So, I read here about Hamachi, and Tunngle and stuff - it all seems a little complicated, but I could give it a shot. I just wanted to ask though - do either of these work for 3+ players? It sounded to me like hamachi was geared for a 2 computer session only...

Another question is - I'm just downloading DKFX right now - exactly what is it? A standalone? More importantly, will it work for our multiplayer purposes?

Happy to have found this place, and seems fairly active, so I hope someone can help us out!

Default Re: 3 Player Multiplayer?

I've got that problem too while playing DK2 with my brother....

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Default Re: 3 Player Multiplayer?

There's something you could try, and it's playing an IPX game under the Dos version of the game by using Dosbox.

Otherwise, try KeeperFX and be sure to use the same version for each.

KeeperFX is a mod that allows the game to play on today's computers by also bringing more modifications and improvements that weren't in the original game. I have no idea if the multiplayer works with KeeperFX. If you have Windows Vista or Seven, you won't be able to get IPX to work as it's been removed. You can, however, with WinXP by installing the appropriate protocol.

Otherwise, Dosbox is more simple and works on every machine, but you won't be able to get the improvements of KeeperFX since you'll have to play the original Dos version of the game.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...