Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Demon

Default Re: Shadow Demon

i Agree shadow demon should replace the rogue and fits more into dk
    and replace lv 10 with copycat ( take the form of a ennemy creature in your dungeon
    Last edited by Henry Langdon; May 15th, 2011 at 19:05.

Gets a +vote from me as far as a 'stealth' type unit.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: beringline

I don't like this suggestion at all.

Stealthing units aren't really that awesome - and we already got loads and loads of creatures for this game - so we have to be carefull what we pick, and I'd like to see some creatures a lot cooler than this.

Still need a stealth unit for the Keeper side of things.

I guess my first qualm is all of this constant desire to add demons. What's with that? I'm sure we can get more creative than just tossing "demon" behind a word.

That said this suggestion seems to be fairly solid, not sure about the demon thing, perhaps less of a 'known' thing. I like the idea of some sort of 'shadow' thing that skirts around the edges of your dungeon in dark places. Rethink the name / model and we might be in business.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterbaby View Post

Stealthing units aren't really that awesome - and we already got loads and loads of creatures for this game - so we have to be carefull what we pick, and I'd like to see some creatures a lot cooler than this.
    Diversity is very important gamewise; although it's true there are a lot of Creatures suggested already (mostly blockers and blitzers), I'm not seeing many that can be classified as stealth/flanking and therefore flanking units should have a shot aswel and have their own part in the game.

I guess my first qualm is all of this constant desire to add demons. What's with that? I'm sure we can get more creative than just tossing "demon" behind a word.

That said this suggestion seems to be fairly solid, not sure about the demon thing, perhaps less of a 'known' thing. I like the idea of some sort of 'shadow' thing that skirts around the edges of your dungeon in dark places. Rethink the name / model and we might be in business.
    I agree.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daharka Jones

I like it. How about we loose the Demon in its title. Call it 'Shadow' and be happy? Or is that a not good idea.

I agree that "demon" will make most get a misconception. Just "shadow" is just too cheesy. The unit is unique, and I would freak out if I saw those things lurking around. It should have a semi-disformed body for freakishness. I has my support on this one.

As for the name, I remember some Aztec "demon" that is extremely similar by appearance. Don't remember the name. Time to do some research :P

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daharka Jones

Possibly Cihuateteo or Huehuecoyotl.
    They had long names man. Shadow, come to think of it, does make me expect to see a Hedgehog.
    Shade. Gloom. The Formless. The Forgotten. The Darkness or Dusk...?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Ironic since you like the other Slimes :P

How could you insult and question the Thief, an original Creature that is obviously going to make it inside WftO, like that?

We need to be careful on what is picked because there are suggestions that fit Unit Roles already filled, and then we'll end up with clone units if we allow said suggestions inside. Then there are times where you have a "broken concept" that cannot be balanced no matter what you do, and by allowing them in, we end up with imbalance.

Those are the real important times of when you need to be careful on what is selected. If a unit is well thought out, balanced, fits a unique roll and is interesting then I do believe he should be allowed in.

Quote Originally Posted by james.heinichen View Post
    Still need a stealth unit for the Keeper side of things.
    Another reason to say "Yes" to the Shadow Demon. (And goodbye to the Goblin Rogue I had planned )

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Onatu View Post
    I like it. How about we loose the Demon in its title. Call it 'Shadow' and be happy? Or is that a not good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Onatu View Post
    Possibly Cihuateteo or Huehuecoyotl.
    They had long names man. Shadow, come to think of it, does make me expect to see a Hedgehog.
    Shade. Gloom. The Formless. The Forgotten. The Darkness or Dusk...?
    Uh... no?

Shadow Devil? Just a random thought that popped in my head since I recall Mothrayas is reminded of the Yellow Devil from Megaman.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

I'd like him to be a truly unique flanker so I think he will be cool like this:

Stats:

Health: Medium
    Attack: Low
    Defense: High
    Armour: Low
    Accuracy: High
    Speed: Medium
    Dexterity: Very high
    Intelligence: Low-Medium
    Wage: Medium

Skills:

Level 1: Attack
    Level 4: Invisibility
    Level 6: Shadow dance
    Level 7: Dash
    Level 10: Darkness

Abilities:
    -No penalty when moving through water

Skill information:

Level 1: Attacks a target, the Shadow Demon forms weapons out of his body
    Level 4: Goes invisible except for those possessing the ''Sight'' ability
    Level 6: His defense doubles as he distorts his body making illusions (looks like when the Matrix agent is dodging bullets). Enemies will continue to attack him as previously.
    Level 7: Quickly moves two tiles forward. This makes enemies he passes through target him. If he is invisible, creatures won't react and he may pass through doors.
    Level 10: He expands his body covering 2x2 tile area. Allies will be hidden and become untargetable. If an ally melees, he/she will be revealed for half a second. Invisible enemies will be detected within. Lasts 3 seconds. It cannot move or use other moves for the duration. When dropped near enemies, he will automatically use it.