Level 10: Whack

Abilities:
    -No penalty when moving through water
    -Can move through locked doors

Skill information:

Level 1: Attacks a target, the Shadow Demon forms weapons out of his body
    Level 4: Goes invisible except for those possesing the ''Sight'' ability
    Level 6: Can see invisible creatures
    Level 7: The Shadow Demon uses it's arms to entangle the target, immobalizing it for up to 10 seconds. The Shadow Demon cannot attack while doing this, and if it's stunned, frozen, blown away or killed it will cancel the ability. Normal attacks also have 11% of releasing the entangled victim.
    Level 10: Similair as the level 7 ability, but less long but deals damage. The Shadow Demon will entangle it's target with one arm, and proceed to form a whip-esque weapon from the other arm to lash the target savagely.

Information:
    On contray on what the name suggests, the Shadow Demon is actually formed out of water. This gives the Shadow Demon a huge advantage when it comes to combat, being invulnerable or highly resistant to most physical attacks, but, is weak against attacks that affect water (lightning strike, freeze) due to it’s liquid properties. Nevertheless, Shadow Demons are excellent for silent attacks.

Behavior in dungeon:
    Shadow Demons get along with all creatures, and may, in fact, follow other creatures as a bodyguard (or stalk them, depending on what side they are on). Shadow Demons will seek out enemies but may choose not to immidiately attack on sight, preffering to stalk them instead. Shadow Demons can also hang out near Portals or Temples if they are near water.

Jobs:
    Shadow Demons can do any job but are moderate, at best, and will not actively pursue it, other than seeking out enemies.

Obtainable by: Portal

Style: Flanker

Hates: Nothing really

Loves:Nothing in particular

Lair: Not sure yet

Appearance:
    The Shadow Demon primary form resembles a jet-black humanoid creature, but it can virtually shapeshift into anything in order to dodge incomming attacks or when moving. Due to it’s liquid properties, the Shadow Demon has full control over every aspect of his physical make-up, able to stretch, shape-shift, liquefy, and otherwise manipulate his body in any way. The Shadow Demon’s face consists out of a single eye shaped like a hurricane and with no visible pupils. See pictures for references.

Attracted by: Temple, water presence

Pictures!

See the attachments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shadow Demon.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	512   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water_demon.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	513  
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; May 15th, 2011 at 07:24.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Default Re: Shadow Demon

Do like.

These remind me of the Yellow Devil series of Mega Man bosses (particulary the Shadow Devil of X5) and the Shadow viruses in Mega Man Battle Network.

The Awakening

Hellhound

I like too!...

But I don't know what else to say really...

I like it more than the rogue, it feels more like a nightmare creature. I was concerned about the last two powers though. Using Grip and Whack means that a SD could disable an enemy for 15 seconds or so? That seems a bit long, and if this creature can take any other creature out of the fight using those two spells, could that be a problem later on since this mid level unit would be able to disable a top level unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdealingjawa View Post
    I like it more than the rogue, it feels more like a nightmare creature. I was concerned about the last two powers though. Using Grip and Whack means that a SD could disable an enemy for 15 seconds or so? That seems a bit long, and if this creature can take any other creature out of the fight using those two spells, could that be a problem later on since this mid level unit would be able to disable a top level unit?
    Hm, how about that normal attacks on the Shadow Demon also have a chance (5-11%) to release the entangled victim? And that special units and/or bosses have a natural resistance to this and the abilities lasts less long on them?

Download it here!

Download it here!

kinda reminds me of that weird wraith thing from ssbb
    only the one im talking about is made of shadow and has 2 heads
    along with double blades for hands
    but i quite like this idea
    if it gets added it might be my favourite of them all (but that depends on if its better than the salamander from DK2. THAT creature is my favourite right now)
    Last edited by zomboy99; March 27th, 2011 at 11:51.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

How did I miss this?

This sounds very, VERY awesome compared to my rubbish suggestion for Slimes. But is a overall great suggestion.

Though, I think the Dark Mistresses will like the Level 10 Skill.

As the idea stands now, I'm advocating it to be a stealth Creature in WftO, filling or replacing the role of the Rogue.

Though, I think the Dark Mistresses will like the Level 10 Skill.
    Touché!

Download it here!

Download it here!

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Ragereaver View Post
    As the idea stands now, I'm advocating it to be a stealth Creature in WftO, filling or replacing the role of the Rogue.
    I was going to actually turn the Goblin into a Rogue but since I'm not around anymore, he's unfinished, and the creature list is kinda being rushed... looks like that won't happen so it won't conflict much. Oh well, byebye Goblin. He doesn't have much of a chance to get into WftO anymore XP

But I must question how much of a stealth unit the Shadow Demon can be. I mean it seems he has notably good fighting capabilities so he isn't 100% stealth but perhaps the Rogue/Creature Stealth Unit should have less stealth abilities anyways and have a bit more focus on combat abilities so that he's better distinguished from the Thief as a unit. So yeah, not fully sure of what I think about that.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

I don't see why you question the stealth abilities of the Shadow Demon; he has 3 non-combat qualities that fill very well the criteria of ''stealth''.

• Stealth ability
    • His liquid properties allow him to move locked doors
    • Stalking behavior (exactly the behavior you want for a stealth unit)

His combat skills are also rather focussed on disabling enemies or better put... silencing them.

Download it here!

Download it here!