Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Shadow Demon

Default Re: Shadow Demon

Nah much of your suggestion doesn't fit. You remove his abilities as a flanker and he (if orienting on past stats) is much too easy too kill. He seems to be another blitzer and we have enough of those. Sorry for impoliteness but I'd like too see the shadowbeast (I love the name) only as a flanker with unique abilities. You'd say that he is unique, I'd agree, but he is so oriented on terror that it cancels out the cool effect of being unique. I actually find it kind of cheesy to have such a creature. Sorry if you found me rude but I thought that feedback should be truthful

Quote Originally Posted by natchoguy View Post
    Nah much of your suggestion doesn't fit. You remove his abilities as a flanker and he (if orienting on past stats) is much too easy too kill. He seems to be another blitzer and we have enough of those. Sorry for impoliteness but I'd like too see the shadowbeast (I love the name) only as a flanker with unique abilities. You'd say that he is unique, I'd agree, but he is so oriented on terror that it cancels out the cool effect of being unique. I actually find it kind of cheesy to have such a creature. Sorry if you found me rude but I thought that feedback should be truthful
    It's okay, no offense taken. I agree that he seems a bit too much like a blitzer, and there are apparently a lot of those. I did go a bit overboard with the fear I suppose heh. Though I will say that the current version makes him more of a melee support creature rather than a flanker, but maybe our idea of a flanker is different. Flankers are the types that are not designed to be used up front, but come in from the sides or behind to attack the weak points in the enemy line and their support casters and ranged, or weaken the front lines from behind or the sides to allow them to be broken. Shadow step and Shadow vice I like, and they fit with the flanker style of picking off the glass cannons in the back. Darkness and Shadow cell disable an opponent which is more of a support role. I do agree that they are cool abilities, and they fit the shadowbeast's theme, but they don't fit his role. I will admit that I have a bit of a bias when looking at this creature as I'd like him to fit with my other suggestion, but I don't want to have to force it, since if it doesn't feel right to you then it will probably won't feel right to others as well.

Some replacement abilities that both fit his theme and role could be something like:
    Umbral Touch: lance of shadow deals average damage and slows the target, preventing it from escaping the shadow beast.
    Shadow Strike: allows the shadowbeast's attacks to pierce through the target's armor and deals damage as though it had none for a short while. This one is iffy and may be more of a blitzer ability.
    Shadow Strike(mark 2): an attack that does below average damage but will interrupt a target who is trying to cast a spell or aim a ranged weapon. This one is also iffy, but more on how useful it will be as this is almost entirely focused on wizards, warlocks, and archers.
    Shadow Blade: sends out a blade of shadow that deals damage to enemies in a line. Not so useful up front, but coming in from the side allows it to hit the entire enemy front line with this.
    Killing Shadows: allows the shadow beast to split itself and rise from all enemy shadows in the area for a single attack, afterwards the shadow beast reappears at its original location. This would probably need an upper limit on it as it encourages stacking these creatures, allowing for an army killing tandem attack. Though even with the upper limit it may too strong.
    Shadow link: ties two enemy shadows together, making them take the damage the other takes and sharing status effects.

Perhaps the shadow beast attacks its target's shadow instead of the creature itself, adding some more positioning tactics to battle when using these creatures, but this may be more gimmicky than useful.

Thanks for the feedback and I hope some of these suggestions help .

I think we need a poll for the shadow demon as this thread has come to a halt because none of us can decide how he should be made

I'd go simply with Duke Ragereaver's version (first post), the other versions don't seem to fit much with its purpose.

The Awakening