Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Character Development - Vampire

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Default Re: Character Development - Vampire

It probably isn't the time to talk about it til a much further way down the development track, but... bat swarm spell. What did people think of that?
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

would love to see some concept art for the vampire. i feel that there's a lot of room for style for this creatures than a boring robe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzi View Post
    would love to see some concept art for the vampire. i feel that there's a lot of room for style for this creatures than a boring robe.
    What about a red suit of armour, circa Bram Stokers Dracula, not Identical of course but along those lines, perhaps with a cape. I like them bald though so no helmet.

Alternatively the Vampires in Legacy of Kain and underworld movies have some good looking suits too

The armour shows that the Vampires are up for a Rumble as well as research, its a more proactive choice of attire in comparison to a robe which would be like hanging out in your dressing gown all day lol

Shogun original

Shogun
    Last edited by Shogun; April 8th, 2011 at 07:12.

The Vampire of DK was generally based on Nosferatu and Dracula. I'd say we be traditional here.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

We have basic concept art for him done, and as Duke says, we are going for traditional look. Shogun did you draw that armor, even though it's not what we are going for I still love it!

k, it's because i saw syns warlock transformation that made me wonder how the vamp could look.

if you get some decals in there and get some extra colour to mix it up a bit, it would start to look much better.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    We have basic concept art for him done, and as Duke says, we are going for traditional look. Shogun did you draw that armor, even though it's not what we are going for I still love it!
    I drew it in between calls at work, I figured he could be robed but still have a hint of something else underneath, best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzi View Post
    k, it's because i saw syns warlock transformation that made me wonder how the vamp could look.

if you get some decals in there and get some extra colour to mix it up a bit, it would start to look much better.
    The only colours I had access to were the highlighters in my draw, so I stuck with the pen outline lol, I was looking around and the double breasted suit Count Orlock wears in Nosferatu is a cool look also. While we're on the subject of Vampires, it always bothered me that they ate chickens like everyone else in DK1, I always imagined they could have a sacrificial imp laying at their lair for them to feed on.

Shogun

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daharka Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    I like the idea of the vamp staying original, although the symbol on the back of the robe has to return. Also, is he going to float around again like in DK1. I absolutely loved that feature.
    Finally, Shogun, that armor is fantastic. Hey Kyle, if the concept idea for the Archliche's armor is still debatable... however about we put Shogun's armor idea on the table??? Hmmmm

I disagree with having the Vampire in a suit of armor. It departs a little too much from the DK standard, and it doesn't really fit well IMO.

The Awakening