View Poll Results: Should the Rouge Go Into WftO? (See below for info on options)

Voters
13. This poll is closed
  • Yes the Rouge Should Come into WftO

6 46.15%
  • I like the Rouge but he Doesn't Have Priority in WftO

3 23.08%
  • Don't have the Rouge in WftO

4 30.77%
  • I Don't Care

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rogue

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Rogue

Poll Options

Yes the Rogue Should Come into WftO:
    You think the Rogue should go into WftO and be on the main list of priorities among other creatures such as the Dragon, Warlock, Vampire, etc He's as good as they are.

I like the Rogue but he Doesn't Have Priority in WftO:
    You like the Rogue but you want him to be on some kind of waiting list. If there is not enough room, you're willing to sacrifice the Rogue for some of the more unique creatures. If there is extra room for Creatures, however, you'd like to see the Rogue inside WftO.

Don't have the Rogue in WftO:
    The Rogue shouldn't go in WftO. Period. Whether it is because he makes the game look somewhat unoriginal, he is boring, cheap, etc. Whatever your reason may be, you say he shouldn't go in WftO.

I Don't Care:
    You don't care what happens to the Rogue. If he's in, okay. If not, oh well.

NOTICE!
    You may want to see where the discussion goes a bit before voting.

Discussion Time!

To bring back the discussion from the Dark Elf thread...

Quote Originally Posted by MeinCookie View Post
    Yes there was... it deserves a second chance to be more than it was there... to be a decent creature in the Keeper arsenal.
    I honestly disagree. The Rogue seems kinda useless in my opinion. The thing about the Rogue is that he's supposed to be like the Thief, but sacrificing some of his stealth for power. It isn't enough power to give him much of a boost and the drawback on the stealth really kills him. It makes him look like a downgraded Thief. You may be wondering where I got such information, but it is because of his invisibility. The Thief's recharge time is 5 seconds and the Rogue's recharge time is 7.5 seconds. You don't notice though because Invisibility is completely broken on Melee usage in DK2, and the effect time is 15 seconds.

But you see where I am getting at here though, don't you? The Rogue COULD make it for a come back but we need some kind of special feat for him, something the Thief doesn't have but in return giving the Thief something that balances the two.

The majority of people didn't want him in, so no rogue, I personally didn't like him anyway. - Kyle
    Last edited by kyle; October 19th, 2010 at 20:01.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: Rouge

Sorry to point this out but the "u" goes in between the "g" and the "e" in Rogue. Rouge is a lot of things but it aint sneaky :P

As for whether he should be in WftO, I personally don't really think there is any place for him to go. I mean he could go in as an equivalent to the Archer, but I'm pretty sure there are way better things that could go in there.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

Quote Originally Posted by A New Room View Post
    Sorry to point this out but the "u" goes in between the "g" and the "e" in Rogue. Rouge is a lot of things but it aint sneaky :P
    Damn it! >.<

Can somebody fix that? Sire? Do it Sire or I'll bug the hell out of you >.> lol, jk... sorta...

As for whether he should be in WftO, I personally don't really think there is any place for him to go. I mean he could go in as an equivalent to the Archer, but I'm pretty sure there are way better things that could go in there.
    Don't you mean Thief? :P

Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Don't you mean Thief? :P
    And kick out the Fly?! I mean what I say I mean.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

And kick out the Fly?! I mean what I say I mean.

Don't make a sad Lena!

However, the more I think about it, the more I realize the Rouge is a bad idea. The Rouge is an upgraded scout unit to the Fly (Or Firefly) And there is one problem with that... it is the identity of the Hell Hound. Only problem is the Rouge is even WEAKER than the Hell Hound. He probably couldn't survive a melee encounter with him, the Hell Hound would tear him apart with Speed/Flame Breath to top off his melee. And even if he is slightly better than the Hell Hound in battle, he's a coward and would flee from fights compared to the Hell Hound. Not to mention, he's slow as hell. The Hell Hound scouts areas faster and can go over lava. He may not be as fast as a Fly, but he's definately faster than the Rouge.

Rouge... yeah... useless >.<

EDIT:
    He could be a hostile for whatever reason though. And also... I need to make a better Fly counterpart for the Heroes. The Thief may be a scout yes, but he's not as fast and is more stealthy and also has other uses in battle compared to the Fly.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; September 22nd, 2010 at 20:04.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

He is going to be tweaked anyway. These could possibly work/work in his favor:

1.) He can scout invisibly... that has to be worth something.
    2.) Give him a really high attack bonus when attacking from stealth... like the Dark Elf Sniper attack. That would make up for his general shittyness in all later combat by giving him an immediate initial combat bonus.
    3.) Maybe give him Grenade? His stealth isn't as good as thief so you may as well put him in a more special forces shock and awe kind of bracket.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Title fixed, I figured
    rouge: A red powder or cream used as a cosmetic for coloring the cheeks or lips
    wasn't what you meant.
    "The essence of religion: Fear God and obey God. The quintessence of spirituality: Love God and become another God." -- Sri Chinmoy

The rogue stays, I say
    =)
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Default Re: Rogue

he should stay if you design him to be more useful.

if he is going to be the same useless creature it's best to dump him.

Quote Originally Posted by MeinCookie View Post
    He is going to be tweaked anyway. These could possibly work/work in his favor:

1.) He can scout invisibly... that has to be worth something.
    2.) Give him a really high attack bonus when attacking from stealth... like the Dark Elf Sniper attack. That would make up for his general shittyness in all later combat by giving him an immediate initial combat bonus.
    3.) Maybe give him Grenade? His stealth isn't as good as thief so you may as well put him in a more special forces shock and awe kind of bracket.
    Hmm, maybe. The third one I am not so sure of... I kinda hate the DK2 Grenade and the simple AI that goes along with it.

First and second one sound alright, but the second one depends on how Invisibility will work. If the Invisibility wears off once he attacks with melee, then I say yeah sure. (As long as his invisibility has a longer recharge or it could be abused/broken) If the Invisibility doesn't wear off, then I say let him have his normal melee damage. He deals more of it and is invisible which should make up for it. Although his invisibility should have a longer recharge time compared to the Thief's anyways.

Tesonu is napping!