Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion Rules / Formats [READ FIRST!]

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Suggestion Rules / Formats [READ FIRST!]

A thread where rules, guidelines, and formats can be found. Please note that everything is still under testing, and constructive criticism is welcomed.

Please note that any Suggestion could potentically be scrapped at any point during developement.

Credits to Sire for originally organizing this thread.

Rules:
    -Use the correct prefix for your suggestion. The prefix can be found above the title when you are posting.
    -Take a look at the following formats carefully. While using them is your choice, they do list out a lot of information and can help organize your thoughts.
    -Make sure you take careful note of the Guidelines. Following them may greatly assist you in getting positive feedback as well as giving it a shot for WftO.
    -Currently, these things are frowned upon for WFTO:
    --Gunpowder and all references (Pistols, Boomsticks, Rifles, Explosives, etc) [Grenade may be excluded because it existed in the original.]

Formats:
    -Originally created / popularized by Evi. Credits to Metal Gear Rex for additions to the original.

Notice that the current guidelines are still under testing. New Posts will be made when updates occur.

Units

Traps

Doors

Spells

Rooms

Last edited by Mothrayas; July 30th, 2011 at 21:08. Reason: unparsed versions for convenience
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: Suggestion Guidelines [READ FIRST!]

You should separate them by posts. The reason is because you can't simply copy and paste the text, you lose the boldness. Quoting it also is annoying as you're going to have to delete all the extra text, and be careful of not accidentally deleting the information you need. And be sure not to include spoilers otherwise it kind of ruins the whole "not having to delete extra text" reason of why they're in separate posts. (It also will save you some trouble from "the man")

Also, don't sound so aggressive about enforcing it. It discourages new comers who want to spread their ideas. Then there's the whole reverse psychology thing...

Tesonu is napping!

tell me about reverse psychology
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Yeah getting a more set in stone format would be a good idea, until then this should be very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hapuga View Post
    tell me about reverse psychology
    Well in theory when moving any where with your back facing the direction you are moving is called reversing. However there are some who might argue that the act of moving in reveres is itself an act of moving forward, since it is never re-wait that is reverse philosophy...
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you areā€¦"

Quote Originally Posted by A New Room View Post
    Yeah getting a more set in stone format would be a good idea, until then this should be very useful.

Well in theory when moving any where with your back facing the direction you are moving is called reversing. However there are some who might argue that the act of moving in reveres is itself an act of moving forward, since it is never re-wait that is reverse philosophy...
    I know what reverse psychology is

He is not sounding aggressive. He tries to make some order. Order is necessary. I personally would not even consider posts that are disorganized. I have better things to do that digging through chunks of text trying to understand what that person really means. Clarity of writing = clarity of thought. If a person writes vaguely, it means that he is not aware of what is going on in his head. Thats where bad suggestions come from You dont want that, do you?

The current form is okay. At least, it is operational.

Quote Originally Posted by Hapuga View Post
    I know what reverse psychology is

He is not sounding aggressive. He tries to make some order. Order is necessary. I personally would not even consider posts that are disorganized. I have better things to do that digging through chunks of text trying to understand what that person really means. Clarity of writing = clarity of thought. If a person writes vaguely, it means that he is not aware of what is going on in his head. Thats where bad suggestions come from You dont want that, do you?

The current form is okay. At least, it is operational.
    Yes because putting down that this information which is called "guidelines" will be enforced in all caps is very polite and complitely passionate in every way.

You are mentioning the bad suggestions without format, organization, basically saying it leads to bad suggestions. Yet you fail to refer to the bad suggestions or at least lesser suggestions that do follow such format and organization. There has been a bit of struggle of this clarity of thought, but I'm actually directing that towards the Dexterity/Accuracy confusion, as Dexterity was Accuracy in DK1. Defense was dodging, so having all three did make things much more confusing, that was there with format.

Also, Sire, shouldn't the Mentor Quotes also be labeled optional? Not everyone can create funny mentor quotes like A New Room.

Tesonu is napping!

Wait, so are these formatting guidelines or enforced rules? The thread title says the former, the OP the latter. In fact, there's very little actual "guidelines" in here. Just "use this format, durr".

The Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Yes because putting down that this information which is called "guidelines" will be enforced in all caps is very polite and complitely passionate in every way.

You are mentioning the bad suggestions without format, organization, basically saying it leads to bad suggestions. Yet you fail to refer to the bad suggestions or at least lesser suggestions that do follow such format and organization. There has been a bit of struggle of this clarity of thought, but I'm actually directing that towards the Dexterity/Accuracy confusion, as Dexterity was Accuracy in DK1. Defense was dodging, so having all three did make things much more confusing, that was there with format.

Also, Sire, shouldn't the Mentor Quotes also be labeled optional? Not everyone can create funny mentor quotes like A New Room.
    Huh?

xD didnt understand a thing sorry, some random nonsense. Didnt know your the lead WFTO developer MGR< sorry xD

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

Herp?
    Last edited by Evi; June 18th, 2011 at 03:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Evi View Post
    Ugh...

Allow me to delete the formats then Moth. Want to read a entire cluttered page of 'information' on a suggestion by <Insert REAL new person here>? Be my fucking dandy guest.
    I never said "delete these rules so we can have a disorganized mess now lol". For fuck's sake, don't put words into my mouth. I just said the topic needed a name change because these aren't guidelines, they are just enforced rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Evi View Post
    Besides, these are considered guidelines in standards.
    Guidelines are supposed to provide direction and are not mandatory. These aren't guidelines, these are straight out rules. The importance of which is somewhat exaggerated, but that's irrelevant.

The Awakening