Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Scale Demon

Default Re: Scale Demon

Okay, can we now move back to the Suggestion to discuss it and how to improve it?

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DK Tentacle View Post
    i'm just giving a useless answer to rhetorical questions
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Being a little picky because of the name?
    Dragon Spawn suit you better?
    Rhetorical, you say? I don't get how they're rhetorical...

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Ragereaver View Post
    Okay, can we now move back to the Suggestion to discuss it and how to improve it?
    Oh whoops, sorry.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

ok, yer, i have some suggestions.
    lower attack, no heal spell for a start?

This creature is useless , I'd rather have a more original one take his place

The thing is, the name demon spawn makes sense, both lore and appearance wise. If you look at it, its clearly not a normal animal, therefore, you can't really call it a lizard. Due to its aggressive behaviour and connections with evil, folk have called it the demon spawn (Spawn due to its rather small size). In addition, dragons in many cultures are associated with devils and demons, so it kinda makes sense that they're called demon spawns. In addition, if people (as in folk in villages above the ground) have seen both the dragon and the demon spawn yet don't know that the latter matures into the former, they might call it demon spawn because... that's what they are, spawns of a demonic creature...

heh, i guess everything can be givien an explanation

Rename the Demon Spawn to Dragon Spawn. Suddenly it makes more sense that it turns into a Dragon.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Lord Proteus View Post
    Rename the Demon Spawn to Dragon Spawn. Suddenly it makes more sense that it turns into a Dragon.
    Demon Spawn was the original name for the Demon Spawn. If it were the Dark Mistress then it'd be okay to change it to Mistress because that's pretty much already an alternative name for her, as well as a way to shorten it down. However, that isn't the case for the Demon Spawn, and Demon Spawn sounds much better just so you know.

Getting a little tired about people (Well actually you as you were being picky about the Gladiator name, which is still a hell of a lot better than Knight Star) getting so picky on little itty bitty details about the name. Demon Spawn sounds better. Gladiator sounds better. Leave it at that. Nobody is asking for a name change. If this were Evi's Manavede, that'd be a different story but that was before he named it, now he has named it so you shouldn't be bothering him about it.

I guess now we need to prove that Demon Spawn is more preferred by creating a poll... jeez... this thread is about the Scape Demon not the Demon Spawn's name!
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Demon Spawn was the original name for the Demon Spawn. If it were the Dark Mistress then it'd be okay to change it to Mistress because that's pretty much already an alternative name for her, as well as a way to shorten it down. However, that isn't the case for the Demon Spawn, and Demon Spawn sounds much better just so you know.

Getting a little tired about people (Well actually you as you were being picky about the Gladiator name, which is still a hell of a lot better than Knight Star) getting so picky on little itty bitty details about the name. Demon Spawn sounds better. Gladiator sounds better. Leave it at that. Nobody is asking for a name change. If this were Evi's Manavede, that'd be a different story but that was before he named it, now he has named it so you shouldn't be bothering him about it.

I guess now we need to prove that Demon Spawn is more preferred by creating a poll... jeez... this thread is about the Scape Demon not the Demon Spawn's name!
    As i remember it, I didnt have a problem with the Gladiator name. Wasnt it you who decided another name change was in order to avoid confusion? A lot of people(including me) couldnt help expect an actual Gladiator. Admit it, Gladiators/Pit FIghters would be really cool in Dungeon Keeper.