Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Creatures

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: Pyramidturtl Steam ID: Pyramidturtl

Default Top 10 Creatures

Hey everybody! I was just wondering what your favourite creatures/heroes were. Just post replies including the order from 1 to 10 (10 being your absolute favourite). Beside each number, post the name of the creature, specify which game you are talking about (DK1, DK2, or both) and provide a brief description as to why each creature is there. I'll be posting my answers momentarily after making this thread.

So follow this format.
    1) Imp (both): Because of their endless, back-breaking labor that is essential for the Dungeon.
    2) Imp (both): Because of their endless, back-breaking labor that is essential for the Dungeon.
    3) Imp (both): Because of their endless, back-breaking labor that is essential for the Dungeon.
    4) Imp (both): Because of their endless, back-breaking labor that is essential for the Dungeon.
    5) Imp (both): Because of their endless, back-breaking labor that is essential for the Dungeon.
    6) Imp (both): Because of their endless, back-breaking labor that is essential for the Dungeon.
    7) Imp (both): Because of their endless, back-breaking labor that is essential for the Dungeon.
    8) Imp (both): Because of their endless, back-breaking labor that is essential for the Dungeon.
    9) Imp (both): Because of their endless, back-breaking labor that is essential for the Dungeon.
    10) Imp (both): Because of their endless, back-breaking labor that is essential for the Dungeon.

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: Pyramidturtl Steam ID: Pyramidturtl

Default Re: Top 10 Creatures

Here's my top ten

1) Orc: A great unit, nice melee combatant and has good priorities. I like using them a lot, they can be particularly useful against invaders, like a slower, heavier version of hounds.
    2) Dark Elf: An evil creature with a basic, long-ranged attack. Fun to possess and snipe. They make for excellent guards. The only issue is their need for manual allocation.
    3) Dark Angel: Badass. A dark, dark creature with excellent combat prowess. I love throwing them in the fray and watching the enemies drop.
    4) Fly (both): Great scouts. Incredibly fast and has the ability to fly. I don't know if I prefer the Fireflys or the normal flys.. Having Bzzzt is great, though. Usually the first and most important elite unit on my team.
    5) Hound: Wonderful, wonderful assets. I love their use against invading imps. Supposedly, they make vampires appear more frequently, which is great!
    6) Black Knight: These tanks will cut through the enemy lines like a hot knife through butter! I love throwing them in the combat pit and having the option to leave them alone for a while.
    7) Spider: I recall someone mentioning that these are very good if you know how to use them. Well yes, I agree wholeheartedly, they are great units if you are a great keeper. I can't describe my happiness when I find them in the prison, torturing my captives. I just plain like the spiders.
    8) Demon Spawn: One of the most reliable and loyal creatures in the game. I never see them get mad and they fight to the death, fearlessly. Their priorities are excellent (ie. train until you're a dragon) and just have a certain...allure about them.
    9) Vampire (DK1): Vampires in DK2 were very lackluster to me (they were more like old men, walking around your dungeon and feeding the ducks). However, DK1 Vampires are sinister, mean creatures, with great fighting capabilities. Despite the warnings of their temper, I've never had one get mad. Also they hate Warlocks, which is something I share (not because they're bad in combat, which they aren't. But because they're grumpy old men who kill my imps and make the dungeon a terrible place).
    10) Dragon: Where do I start? Grand fighters, with good research and training capabilities. They are a solid unit in any army and will always have a place in my heart.

So that's my list. As a side note, I haven't put any heroes in. This is just because I don't really like any of them that much.

favourite:

1. demonspawn
    2. dragon
    3. hell_hound

strongest:

1. Avatar
    2. Horny
    3. Vampire
    4. dark mistress
    5. Knight
    6. Wizard
    7. Samurai
    8. bile demon
    9. giant
    10. fairy

in my mod strongest:

1. avatar
    2. horny
    3. knight
    4. vampir
    5. wizard
    6. dragon
    7. samurai
    8. bile demon
    9. giant
    10. dark mistress

1. Horny - as in DK2 Horny. Spawn this beast and everyone is like "OMGWTFBBQLOLTROLLOLOL". Even his name is awesome.

2. Dark Angel - his elite appearance is just...beautiful.

3. Stone Knight - ultimate creature - seriously - just one look as this mofo and you know your dealing with one bad-ass creature. He's like "rawrrawrwarwa smash smash mash lololol i mess ur shiz up".

4. Three Princes (DK2) - these guys walk around with a blue light around them! Shows the mark of an extremely awesome character, bro.

5. Mistress (both) - I have spent too much time possessing creatures to look at Mistresses torturing each other.

6. Salamander - dude, this guy is frickin' HARDCORE. He can walk lava and stuff. And he's adorable.

7. Dragon - RAWR FLAMES RAWR.

8. Vampire (both) - making Twilight look like an even worse book than before. If it's possible.

9. Demon Spawn - this kid inspires to be awesome. He grows up into a Dragon. Epic.

10. Skeleton (both) - these guys will do anything for you. Anything.

List is somewhat serious.

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

1. Skeleton (DK2 I guess) - Mainly becuase they are my kind of minions - utterly loyal, don't tax my wallet and they will guard/prey for all eternity if i asked them too. Also they can be mega spammed and are funny... even more so because they are so weak.

2. Dark Angel - They have the aloof arrogance of knowing that they can kick just about anyone's ass, anywhere, anytime. Also they literally EXUDE menace - when Dark Angels walk into rooms lesser creatures prey silently for their worthless hides.

3. Knights (Dk2) - I loved them as a child and always converted them. They are hardy, funny, from the entrance video and have the exotic allure of a creature converted that you can't get normally.

4. Demon Spawn - What people say is true, i haven't played much Dk1, but it must be acknowledged that the demon spawn rocks.

5. Goblin - Great early fighter that are fun to spam and still serve well enough later on if trained up. Also funny little cowards, the lot of em.

6. Dwarves - Extremely fun to kill - just as fun to own =)

7. Giant - Just is.

8. Imp - Who else would make sure my realm is running smoothly, my jails bursting, my coffers full? I usually end up with a TON of these running around my dungeon.

9. Dark Elf - Great range support and guards. There is something about them that i like which i for the life of me can't place.

10. Fairies - always preferred fairies to mistresses - partly because they can fly, partly because they are heroes.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

In no particular order: (DK1)
    1. Mistress- They are pretty powerful at lv10, all they are missing is the heal spell
    2. Priestess- If you think about it in a way they are almost like the Mistress with the heal spell and other spells to boot, but not the return to lair spell
    3. Dragon- I love spamming Fire breath, when my other creatures are distracting a bunch of enemies I can possess one and level them to lv10 quickly
    4. Fairy- They are pretty powerful at lv10 as well and can also be scouts (Although I leave that to my Flies and Imps)
    5. Warlock- Powerful at lv10, however I don't level them until the research is done. Or my Fairy/Priestess or well most of the other creatures research while the Warlocks train so they don't kill Imps, same with Wizards
    6.Bile Demon- Lv10 can be pretty good when you need them
    7.Vampire- They aren't as bad, always too lazy to make them lol but they are like the male versions of Mistress
    8. Imps- They have been my scouts all the time, if there's a unclaimed tile outside of my fortified walls and I need to send them to reveal the enemy's dungeon I send them on the way, and then there's the wall trick I use to get them to scout. Interesting I don't slap them that much, while the enemies do
    9.Orc- Fast at leveling and can be quite good
    10: Horny- If I have a Training room and a Scavager/Guard Post then I can have them much as I want, can help alot.

1. horny...just because i like his badass attitude...sometimes you can't handle him multiple times because of the lack of money or because of a missing reagent, but if i can have him, i will have MANY!
    2. avatar of course...just because he's the king of everything, not as fast as a horny, but way stronger and he's immune to boulder traps - perfect allround unit.
    3./4. dragon or dark misstress, depends on what kind of mission it is. if i have to discover a dungeon on my own, no. 3 would be the dragon because he's tough, has selfheal, he's pretty strong with a constant use of his breath and with some slaps, his speed is ok and with speed monster, he is REALLY good...if it's just a drop your monsters rough up the heroes, i prefer the mistress because she's the faster unit and kills much faster than a computer comtrolled dragon plus the mistress won't just stand and fight like the ninja
    5. Knight - good fighint unit, is not that bad in research and can be used in the workshop too - the only bad thing is his speed, like the dragon. too slow to be really good, but rebound is a pretty useful spell and he has selfheal ability.
    6. ninja...like the mistress, but better in melee and sometimes more stupid...always in melee till he dies.
    7. vampire...pretty good too plus immortal after reaching higher levels. i love them for being cool, but hate them for being slow and have such a bad view in 1st person.
    8. Troll...good worker, perfect for manufacturing traps and doors - nothing more to say.
    9. spider - i like their dissing prisoners attitude xD
    10. giants - pretty strong and speed as an abilty...too bad they don't have one or two other useful abilities, they could be better.

won't list imps here because they are neccessary

1) Dark Angel (DK2): They are OP, and look and sound awesome!
    2) Bile Demon (DK1): The most badass creatures in computer games ever. Love their badass grunts and the fact that the camera shakes when you drop them!
    3) Vampire (DK1): They are also OP, if you have 10 of these mofos lvl 10 -> You win. I agree with Aisikle, DK2 vampires look like grumpy old perverts who like to lure children in close by feeding the ducks.
    4) Orc (DK1): They deal a lot of damage, can take a moderate amount themselves, own the workshop, are cheap, have speed monster and never get angry.
    5) Mistress (DK1): Love lvl 9 mistress, hate lvl 10 mistress because of their constant disappearing from combat... DK2 mistress look better but they lost their awesome DPS and the lightning spell in DK1 is so much more hardcore.
    6) Horned Reaper (DK1): Same as mistress, love them lvl 9, hate them lvl 10 because of their speed monster shut down... DK2 Horned Reaper was too OP just fill your temple with 20 praying skeletons and you have that indestructible Horned Reaper forever...
    7) Ninja (DK1): Same reason as I like the orc plus they have freeze.
    8) Hellhound (DK1): Badass dawg fucks up your imps!
    9) Black Knight (DK2): For same reasons as the orc in DK1. In multiplayer DK2, this is the OP build order: Lair + claim portal -> combat pit -> start training your black knights immediately in the pit-> hatchery -> scout opponents -> library -> (if there is a lot of gold in the map, get a 5x5 temple or 2 and get dark angels instead of warlocks, else get 2-3 warlocks and lvl in combat pit) -> own the keeper that doesn't have black knights (hold shift and heal the enemy creatures to make the battle more exciting, with a few lvl 6 BK you own anyway) -> own the keepers who have black knights by holding down your opponents with lighting (if on your own territory, else use heal spell to keep your own standing) -> enjoy your victory
    10) Imp (both): Because of their endless, back-breaking labor that is essential for the Dungeon.

Well,
    Mistress (both) - I have spent too much time possessing creatures to look at Mistresses torturing each other.
    Skeleton (both) - these guys will do anything for you. Anything.
    Demon Spawn - this kid inspires to be awesome. He grows up into a Dragon. Epic.
    Three Princes (DK2) - these guys walk around with a blue light around them! Shows the mark of an extremely awesome character, bro.
    Vampire (both) - making Twilight look like an even worse book than before. If it's possible.
    Just Five but from somewhat's Serious list...

at dungeon keeper one based on my 1 vs 1 fighting tournament with level 10 creatures:

1 avatar no one can beat him 1 vs 1
    2 mistress ( yes she actually beats horned reaper and vampires 1 vs 1) ( has slow heal (drain spell) but her damage output is insane ( lighting + drain) good defence and very very fast unit, makes her unkillable.
    3 priestess ( has much in common with the mistress (hit and run fighter) but is slower less defence but does have heal and allot of powerfull spells like wind) she also beats horned reaper and vampire) (and vs a big group of units shes the 2nd best unit( after avatar))
    4 vampire (only the named above creatures beat him) (but his damage output is very poor, he only uses the drains spell)
    5 Horned reaper ( beats any melee creature but has a hard time with hit and run fighters)