Thread: Dark Angels in Single Player

Default Dark Angels in Single Player

Finally after 11 years I managed to get Dark Angels from the Portals in Single Player campaigns.
    Here's my story, hope it helps all in need:

So before my discovery at level 18 (Cherry Blossom), I was - for the first time - playing level 17 (Moonshrine) the way I had never played before, cause I made sure I was the only one who could reach the hero territories, blocking Harkan and Carrion away from the middle of the map! Previously I usually arrived last to the center of the map because I am a train before battle kinda guy, but now my main goal was to make sure I was the only one killing the 20 required heroes, and only on their claimed hero tiles. But if you really want to try and mimic my progress to do everything to get Dark Angels after level 17, you might want to claim the central Temple, cause that is the way I assured my victory. So, you need to kill 20 heroes on hero tiles (and let them rot away), but feel free to convert the central Royal Guards, they aren't needed. The rest you'll find at the four corners in guard rooms and occasionally some will patrol and wander from a northern hero gate. There are 3 in every guard room, considering there is 4 guard rooms, so 12 heroes already on the map, and the remaining 8 need to be wanderers. And now BOOM you get 10 Dark Angels.
    Just remember to use support creatures against all 20 of them to keep them rotting inside hero territory, and you will do nicely.

And now to the point:
    On Cherry Blossom I usually have a pessimistic but eager building ritual to verify the (non-)existence of Dark Angels in the creature pool which goes like: Lair... Hatchery... Temple... (which isn't hard cause of the gem seams) ... and finally claiming the Portal. And much to my surprise after 11 years I got Dark Angels in Dungeon Keeper 2 v1.7 Single Player v1.0, and started spamming them naturally.

Conclusion: I don't know if this all helps everyone or not, but this was the sequence I completed to acquire them, and this could be the key to enabling them for all who had troubles before.
    Why this way? Perhaps this is some kind of a progression bug like in 1.0 when you loaded a game and also loaded a cinematics progression. Anyways, it is worth to try.

PS: After 14 Dark Angels and a Bile Demon, the game decided to corrupt my save file and now I cannot load where I was on level 18. Reselecting the level in the menu will take time to my temper.

Default Re: Dark Angels in Single Player

lol =)
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Default Re: Dark Angels in Single Player

After multiple level restarts I got to the conclusion that none of the Dark Angel filled Cherry Blossom levels are loadable.

So, "lol" indeed! F*** EA!