Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeper Spell Speeches

Default Re: Keeper Spell Speeches

Spells.zip

Well here are the spell sounds.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

Thanks, had a whole post written up and closed window while checking dictionary so I'll make this short:

Don't expect all of them to make sense. The easy ones are:

Protect - Sanctus
    Call to Arms - Aggressum attractus
    Disease - Mortis
    Heal - Vitae
    Sight of Evil - Octus diabolus
    Possession - Cranium internum
    Speed - Accelerate
    Must Obey - Slave

The rest... is either fake Latin or wrong. Even the ones I just mentioned have some grammar or pronunciation mistakes.

Stuff like
    Chicken - Chica (?)
    just screams of being made up.

Then
    Lightning - Electum (?) deus
    would mean "Chosen God". Maybe "Chosen by God" or something was meant, but maybe they just said hey, electum sounds Latin for electricity and went with that.
    Apocalypse - Apocolate, same deal, that's not a word.

Conceal - Vepus also seems to be made up, or at least not Latin. Same with Cave In - Betum (?) deus, really.
    Hold Audience - Culinare means "Kitchen". Yeah.

Make Imp - Impusne (?) tum: "Imp here?", suffix -ne signaling question. ...yeah I got nothing.

The rest I don't even know where to start. Man my Latin degree really pays off!
    Last edited by Trotim; November 14th, 2010 at 00:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Trotim View Post
    Sight of Evil - Octus diabolus
    Would make sense, if Octus was a word. They probably meant something like Oculus (eye).

The rest... is either fake Latin or wrong. Even the ones I just mentioned have some grammar or pronunciation mistakes.
    Yup, definitely.

Then
    Lightning - Electum (?) deus
    would mean "Chosen God". Maybe "Chosen by God" or something was meant, but maybe they just said hey, electum sounds Latin for electricity and went with that.
    Maybe they went for something like "Electrum"? I suppose they wanted to make it sound similar to "electric" or something...

Betum (?) deus, really.
    Petrum Deus, actually. Not going to translate because it grammaticaly makes no sense but the words mean "Rock" and "God" respectively.

Hold Audience - Culinare means "Kitchen". Yeah.
    As an adjective, no less.

Make Imp - Impusne (?) tum: "Imp here?", suffix -ne signaling question. ...yeah I got nothing.
    Impus Natum (Imp Birth). I'd think you'd notice the very obvious "tum" coming after ne/na/whatever.

The Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    Impus Natum (Imp Birth). I'd think you'd notice the very obvious "tum" coming after ne/na/whatever.
    Yeah I do hear the tum, hence why I included it =P He just doesn't say natum, it sounds more like ni/neat-um
    Octus is dumb, yes, but that's what he says *shrug*
    Petrum Deus and Electrum Deus, yeah these make more sense.

"Ocutus Diablos" Is what I hear :/
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Ragereaver View Post
    Actually, no. I did use another site to confirm my thoughts about some of the chants being spoken, I had hoped this would be sufficient to move on, like I said, some chants are more obvious to their meaning than others, so I didn't include translations.

Sorry if it really bothered you.
    Nah, it's okay. You didn't bother me at all.

Otherwise, here are some that I got, based on a latin-french dictionnary, but also helped by the web:

Possess: I don't know the first word, but the second would be "Internum" which means: Inside)
    Create Imp: seems to be like Mothrayas said: "Impus Natum" (Birth of an Imp)
    Sight: "Oculus Diabolus" (Eye of evil)
    Speed: "Accelerata" (from "acceleratus" which is a part of "accelero" which means: Hurry)
    Must Obey: "Slave" (for Slave, that one's obvious)
    Call-to-Arms: "Agressum attractus" (Agressum means: Having attacked and Attractus is for: Attracted. In short: Attracted to attack.)
    Conceal: "Vapos" (Steam, smoke...)
    Hold Audience: No idea.
    Cave-In: "Petro Deus" (Petro is taken from "Petra" which means Stone and Deus means God. Result: God of stone)
    Heal: "Vitæ" (Life, obviously)
    Lightning: "Electro Deus" (Electro (which means "relative to electricity") is from Electricitas which is a derived word of Electrum (yellow amber). In short: God of Electricity)
    Protect: "Sanctus" (Blessed)
    Chicken: I have no idea of that one.
    Disease: "Mortuus" (To die)
    Armageddon: I can't seem to find a definition, but it sounds like: "Apokolate"
    Confirm Armageddon: "I nomine asthma mortuus viscerum luce"
    Destroy Walls: "Penitenziagite" = "Penitentiam agite" which means something like: "Show remorse" or "Do penance".

That's what I got so far.
    Last edited by DragonsLover; January 11th, 2011 at 00:33.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Quote Originally Posted by A New Room View Post
    "Ocutus Diablos" Is what I hear :/
    Yeah that's possibly even what the narrator read aloud, we can't know. All we can know is that it was probably supposed to have some Latin parts, but then they stopped caring about that and called it a day.

it would be easier if we had a speach to text program that could understand latin

I had Latin in University.
    I was very lazy back than though.
    But I can translate several words.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    Armageddon: I can't seem to find a definition, but it sounds like: "Apokolate"
    Confirm Armageddon: That one isn't obvious.
    Apocolate seems to refer to Apocoplypse, as was mentioned before. The Papists call the book, The Revelation of John, the Apocalypse. British people have Bibles, unlike the French, where the Bible is banned. In that Book, The Revelation of John, that the Papists title "Apocalypse", there is mentioned the battle of Armageddon, where the name of that spell derives from.

Revelation: 16:15-16
    Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

But making this Armageddon spell, a quote from the Revelation of John, sound like "REVELATION ( OFF JOHN)", sounds horrible. Papists are not always stupid!
    Well, Tolkien was also a Roman Catholic, how papist are we, playing games having Roman Catholic words and all...
    Last edited by dragonfist; November 17th, 2010 at 11:35.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfist View Post
    I had Latin in University.
    I was very lazy back than though.
    But I can translate several words.
    Funny how the only thing you're trying to translate isn't even Latin at all. Apocolate isn't Latin, it's made up, and Armageddon is Hebrew as said in your very post.

Apocolate seems to refer to Apocoplypse, as was mentioned before.
    Have any source on this? Aside from partly sounding similar, they don't seem to be related at all. At the very least, it's not a Latin word.
    But making this Armageddon spell, a quote from the Revelation of John, sound like "REVELATION ( OFF JOHN)", sounds horrible. Papists are not always stupid!
    ...what the hell? I seriously lost track of your post at this part.
    Well, Tolkien was also a Roman Catholic, how papist are we, playing games having Roman Catholic words and all...
    Relevance, it seems to be lacking here.

The Awakening