Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Keeper Spell Speeches

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Default Re: Keeper Spell Speeches

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfist View Post
    unlike the French, where the Bible is banned
    wat?
    "The essence of religion: Fear God and obey God. The quintessence of spirituality: Love God and become another God." -- Sri Chinmoy

Imp

I think the chant for the chicken spell is an in-joke referring to chicken tikka masala - an Indian dish that's very popular in Britain.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Haha! Nice find there!
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Imp

Also, the Armageddon chant is quoted in Iron Knuckle's walkthrough as "Inume hastum mortis viserum nussey", which could be iniume hastum mortis vicerum nisi, "injury [by] spear if not deadly events"; the ways in which the participants might die? Though I've no idea if that's grammatically sound.
    Last edited by Hickey; January 9th, 2011 at 04:40.

"injury [by] spear if not deadly events" = the ones who refuse to fight get impaled?

I was considering adding these to upcoming voice recognition of KeeperFX btw, but I doubt it would work well with US English recognition.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

I just listened to it again, and it clearly starts with "In nomine".
    Second word sounds like "asthma" which means "oppression".
    The following word seems to be "mortuus" which means "to die".
    Next one seems to be "viscerum" which means "entrails".
    Last one looks like "luce" which means "light".
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Quote Originally Posted by P_Hansson View Post
    "injury [by] spear if not deadly events" = the ones who refuse to fight get impaled?

I was considering adding these to upcoming voice recognition of KeeperFX btw, but I doubt it would work well with US English recognition.
    Gonna be fun, playing KeeperFX by shouting "Electrum Deos" all day into the mic to spam Lightning at maximum charge.

The Awakening

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    Gonna be fun, playing KeeperFX by shouting "Electrum Deos" all day into the mic to spam Lightning at maximum charge.
    You'll feel more like god being able to strike down lightning whenever you command so.

As for me, I don't think my cats would like it so much. I'm glad I now have a room separate from the main house compared to my old old room, otherwise I'd probably wake up my parents (who were just across the hall) with such shouting, then get b*tched at by my mom.

Those would be fun times.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

For now the spell is selected rather than triggered, although an idea is to let the Latin words invoke the spell directly at max strength like you say for fun. However, there's an issue with annoying misrecognitions (such as getting a lightning strike on one's own creature by accident).

I always wondered about the speeches myself and now I've found this site. Fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
    I think the chant for the chicken spell is an in-joke referring to chicken tikka masala - an Indian dish that's very popular in Britain.
    I perfectly agree with "Tikka" for the Chicken-Spell at least that's what I've found out, too, back then.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    Destroy Walls: "Penitenziagite" = "Penitentiam agite" which means something like: "Show remorse" or "Do penance".
    I am not sure of that one, listened to it a million of times and I always wondered: What?!
    "Show remorse" or "Do penance" doesn't make sense. In german DK the spell name is "Rückbau" what means "deconstruction"
    and every spell got a logical reference in the spell-speech to what it does,
    so it should be the same here, too.
    To be honest, I've never accomplished to gain an appropriate reference for that one,
    but it should be something like: "Penetrens inciter" "Penetrens" from penetration and "inciter" means rush, so that the common sense would be something like: Breakthrough or Push/Advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Trotim View Post
    Don't expect all of them to make sense. The easy ones are:
    The rest... is either fake Latin or wrong. Even the ones I just mentioned have some grammar or pronunciation mistakes.
    In my opinion every spell makes perfect sense. There IS a logiacal reference.
    As for the "fake latin" or wrong grammar, BG 2 got a juxtaposition of words for the spells-speeches, which just vary with their spell-school, too
    and even there you can make a fudged translation. Furthermore the spell-speeches got their references to the spell-school somehow.
    And finally, these are spells.
    Noone said that a spell-formula has to be grammatically correct.

So long, Arc