Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My tactics (useful specially for noobs)

Default My tactics (useful specially for noobs)

This is straight tactic based on brute force.
    Ive played about 6-8 times by net with different opponents. I can say that almost all of them maked equally mistakes.

1. Build Combat Pit immideatly, as first room. Dont build Lair and Hatchery until you get 3-4 Knights, you have more important things to do:

2. IMMIDIATLY begin dig to centre of map, secrets and portals. Couple minutes controlling portal = couple free creatures.
    And of course it means you will got all bonuses. 2-3 Level-Up almost euals victory.
    Fight with heroes and imprison them.

3. Dig ALL land on your 30-40% of map. Rooms and doors are useless. Buy Library, Workshop at free ground or near rock.
    more land = more mana.
    More freespace --- enemy cant come with surprise.

4. Usual tactic is Posess Imp and go on enemy territory, see at each corner. Push shift for running.
    How to block it: build Fear traps on each passage. It destroys Posession and turn creatures back.

5. Always try to capture and turn on your side every enemies creature. Always!!
    Prison - use Heal or grab em in hand - Torture - Heal in process - done!

6. Forget about Training Room. It is too slow! Use only Combat Pit.
    But watch carefully, or your creatures ll die.

another advices:
    - if you havent get Heal yet, take in hand creatures from prison. They will not die because of starving. Dont try to Posess while you holding em.
    - kick back to Portal all useless scums: warloks, trolls, goblins, flyes and so on. 2 warloks and 2 trolls enough.
    Best warriors priority: Angels (2 max always) - Knights - Biledemons - Mistresses. Or others are trash.
    Heroes (humans) are very tasty too.
    - dont build useless rooms like graveyard
    - dont make Lair, treashure in square. For what??
    - when you attacking, use imbs to get rid of walls on your way

good luck!)
    I use Gameranger and Tunngle for playing, my nick there is Seang(rus)(eng). See you in fight!

Default Re: My tactics (useful specially for noobs)

Black Knight rush tactic is well known here. Decent players prefer to set the limit on BK by 5 ( during the start of the game ) in order to keep it under controll. As for the rest - you should specify the size of the rooms. I recommend 3x3 lair and 5x5 hatchery, so you can control the flow of creatures at start and get Bile Demons ( wich are also good counter to BK ). There are many other tricks in game like Abusing Call To Arms spell. Also note that Possession spell is not allowed due to imbaness during the high lag periods ( and it gives significant advantage to Host ). Just browse this forum and you'll learn more of these.

Decent players prefer to set the limit on BK by 5
    agree, this rule doesnt change my advices

you should specify the size of the rooms
    dunno. never think about it
    is 3x3 lair necessary for Biledemon? maybe just 9 suares of Lair is enough?

Also note that Possession spell is not allowed due to imbaness during the high lag periods ( and it gives significant advantage to Host ).
    there are nothing about it in rules. why?
    when i wasnt Host, i still used it perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by seang View Post
    agree, this rule doesnt change my advices

dunno. never think about it
    is 3x3 lair necessary for Biledemon? maybe just 9 suares of Lair is enough?

there are nothing about it in rules. why?
    when i wasnt Host, i still used it perfectly

1. Yes, but this allows you to focus on other important creatures like Bile demon and Warlock.

2. Well, 9 squares are 3x3, right?

3. Actually it is, or at least it was. The reason why its banned is obvious, its hard to counter early/mid game and there are only 2 spells that can do this, ''Chicken'' and ''Turncoal'', yet both of them cost too much mana and have long cooldowns. Besides, it gives the huge advantage to host since he doesn't experience any lag and can kill entire army of heroes/creatures without problem.

SO, about other my advices there are no doubts?

1. Yes, but this allows you to focus on other important creatures like Bile demon and Warlock
    warlock isnt important. Its weak, its trash. Mistress much better

2. Well, 9 squares are 3x3, right?
    no) It may be line or two 2x2 and 1

3. Actually it is, or at least it was. The reason why its banned is obvious, its hard to counter early/mid game and there are only 2 spells that can do this, ''Chicken'' and ''Turncoal'', yet both of them cost too much mana and have long cooldowns. Besides, it gives the huge advantage to host since he doesn't experience any lag and can kill entire army of heroes/creatures without problem.
    well, in the middle of game it is blockable. At early stage i cant imagine how to hurt enemys dungeon. Possesed Keeper lacks of time, he cant rise his dungeon. If he kills some creatures and waits until they die, so what? At early stage they are cheap. One dead - another comes throug portal. Difference in levels is too small.
    based on my exerience it isnt so important. And there are much many counterattacks: Fear trap, Lightning
    when army goes straight to heart i cant imagine how posessed creature can stop it. Using Heal in combat much better, isnt it?
    Last edited by seang; November 19th, 2010 at 00:51.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Well if you REALLY want then I'll say what I need to say about this little tactic and advise of yours. But later, right now I'm busy with more important matters. Just came to look around... I could do it but I'm saving the energy. Tomorrow probably I'll speak.

...You'll probably regret it though.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

warlock isnt important. Its weak, its trash. Mistress much better

no) It may be line or two 2x2 and 1

well, in the middle of game it is blockable. At early stage i cant imagine how to hurt enemys dungeon. Possesed Keeper lacks of time, he cant rise his dungeon. If he kills some creatures and waits until they die, so what? At early stage they are cheap. One dead - another comes throug portal. Difference in levels is too small.
    based on my exerience it isnt so important. And there are much many counterattacks: Fear trap, Lightning
    when army goes straight to heart i cant imagine how posessed creature can stop it. Using Heal in combat much better, isnt it?
    1. And how you suppose to learn spells? Or you play with all spells on? Also you wan't to play without supporters?

2. Sure thing. ^^

3. The same as first. Player gets possession spell either from start or very quickly thanks to warlocks.
    Should you experience any lag you are screwed because the oponent will simply abuse it and group the army of 7 creatures and wack your dungeon.

It seems to me you play the game in different way. During rushes or portal wars you tactic wont work because you'll find yourself beaten by lesser number of black nights who have warlocks supporting them. Also with CTA spell abuse your opponent will have it's dungeon filled with traps and all spells learned, as well as entire army level 4 in no time without losing the presious time.

1. And how you suppose to learn spells? Or you play with all spells on? Also you wan't to play without supporters?
    I wrote that 2 warlocks is enough. and 2 trolls

oponent will simply abuse it and group the army of 7 creatures and wack your dungeon.
    You mean, just command creatures after posession to go with him? I thought it is impossible in dungeon keeper 2! is it possible?
    I dont understand, how can lags screw me?

you'll find yourself beaten by lesser number of black nights who have warlocks supporting them
    why is that? Because of healing? But i can Heal too. Imagine 5 knights against 3 knights and 2 warlock. It is obviously, that if I ll use Heal, i ll won.
    At early stage warloks cant even heal so they are completely useless in battle

Also with CTA spell abuse your opponent will have it's dungeon filled with traps and all spells learned, as well as entire army level 4 in no time without losing the presious time.
    Yes. it can be. Probably. But i have played about 6-8 times and it never stopped me. My tactic works fine. I have never seen using traps at prof level.

I wrote that 2 warlocks is enough. and 2 trolls

You mean, just command creatures after posession to go with him? I thought it is impossible in dungeon keeper 2! is it possible?
    I dont understand, how can lags screw me?

why is that? Because of healing? But i can Heal too. Imagine 5 knights against 3 knights and 2 warlock. It is obviously, that if I ll use Heal, i ll won.
    At early stage warloks cant even heal so they are completely useless in battle

Yes. it can be. Probably. But i have played about 6-8 times and it never stopped me. My tactic works fine. I have never seen using traps at prof level.
    1. Trolls are weak. Bile demons are much better. And having 2 warlocks may not be sufficient enough. I suggest having at least 3 or 4 if possible once you get your BK maxed up ( and train those 2 in combat pit, they reach lvl8 without a problem ).

2. It is possible. This is what button 7 is for.

3. If you lag, wich means you have at least 2 second delay, posessed creature will beat your army with ease. You apparantly didn't experience that.

4. As I said before, if you play with all spells on, then warlocks aren't required at all. Otherwise, its wise to have them in your dungeon. Even if you have the Heal researched, how much you expect to use it early game when your mana pool is so low? Also note, Warlocks heal from lvl2. They also level up very quickly.

5. Traps are used for various needs. In portal wars defending own portal with traps can secure it from enemy. Early traps can let you steal enemy portal and quickly secure it, making attack on it less likely. Also dungeon filled with traps can be tricky to crack.
    Last edited by Slichizard; November 19th, 2010 at 13:18.

Trolls are weak. Bile demons are much better.
    it is do, but biledemons are very busy in training\fighting and they are slow. Better keep 1-2 trolls (2 at early stage, 1 later), then i capable create trap at any time, even if all creatures fight with enemy

indeed, warlocks are needed to research Tremor spell. Now i am not sure if they are useable. I want to check it.