Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Beta Dates?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Max Hayman PSN ID: Ballwinkle XFIRE ID: elmaxaman Steam ID: ballwinkle

Default Re: Beta Dates?

Havent really played it properly, looks kinda neat. Perfer DK tho

So far I keep getting a lot of crashes, and a most of the audio and as far as I can see the cutscenes are missing, so I can't really judge it in terms of a full game. Though I must say it is much more of a simulation type of game than the predominately RTS influenced gameplay of DK. Still I'm very interested to see how it plays further on in the game.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by A New Room View Post
    So far I keep getting a lot of crashes, and a most of the audio and as far as I can see the cutscenes are missing, so I can't really judge it in terms of a full game. Though I must say it is much more of a simulation type of game than the predominately RTS influenced gameplay of DK. Still I'm very interested to see how it plays further on in the game.
    again man, this is a true beta. As testers we actually have a say, if only a little bit, about how the game will be made. Use it wisely

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Steele View Post
    again man, this is a true beta. As testers we actually have a say, if only a little bit, about how the game will be made. Use it wisely
    I know, I just wish people would stop all this "its not like Dungeon Keeper, so I don't like it" vagueness. It is not just here but also in the German section (google translate tells me so) of the Beta forum. The point is that it isn't going to be DK so we should stop complaining about it not being so.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by A New Room View Post
    I know, I just wish people would stop all this "its not like Dungeon Keeper, so I don't like it" vagueness. It is not just here but also in the German section (google translate tells me so) of the Beta forum. The point is that it isn't going to be DK so we should stop complaining about it not being so.
    yah thats true, TBH its kinda slow at the start like theres just not that much to do.

Have to wait for a patch for my crashes before I can really comment on anything past the 2nd level :/

Though the player getting their ass kicked is a terrible way to teach them how to play game.

Imp