Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: First impressions / comments?

Default First impressions / comments?

I was very excited to play this game, but now that i'm playing the beta, i have no idea what to do and what i'm doing.

I see a lot of hints that the game was inspired by Bullfrog's DK, and blizzard Games (Like WarCraft)...

I'm sorry to say but i'm not really a fan - the reading is killing me

Level 1 is pointless, you don't do anything except walk - and then in Level 2 you get thrown into the game with heroes invading but I have no idea what to do, how to stop them, and what they are doing
    My own creatures are so underpowered against them it's not even funny - 2 blows and he's dead

I dunno........

I understand it's a beta, but the website says coming Early 2011

It also has a lot of what I haved about DK2 - it feels slow. the game runs super smooth at 1920x1080, but the TIME is slow
    DK1 was better than DK2 because it felt fast.
    like digging - it should be FAST!
    Last edited by Blutonium; November 27th, 2010 at 10:47.

Default Re: First impressions / comments?

Its beta so you shouldn't expect very awesome game at this stage. For me, I was slightly confused about what is what and what to do. But now I slowly get used to everything. I think they should rework some stuff ( like make action buttons larger ), change health bars maybe and add lots of description, but in the end I believe this game will be very good. Also about missions. First mission is the ''test'' mission where you learn about the basics of controll. The second one is the true beginning of the story. There's no way you can win that one anyway. Just keep playing and you'll see how great this game is.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

From what I know, you are meant to lose on the second level. Other people I spoke to said the exact same thing as you bluto, they don't have a clue what to do. It doesn't even tell you you're meant to lose.

I can't say much because it runs like crap on my computer. Can't even say much.

I'm currently dealing with lvl 2. The best you can do there is open only one gate and place tons of chest and piles near entrance. Also don't place pentogramms near the heart room. Dunno should be possible to beat.

Ok finished it. Its all about soul energy. Preserve it for as much as possible and you should be able to beat this lvl. Also never open both hero gates or it will take ages ( like for me ) before you acquire it.
    Last edited by Slichizard; November 27th, 2010 at 15:42.

Imp

You guys should post this in the beta forum, since thats the whole point of the beta. For example I'm going to suggest that they add game speeds since I agree at some points the game can go slow

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Slichizard View Post
    I'm currently dealing with lvl 2. The best you can do there is open only one gate and place tons of chest and piles near entrance. Also don't place pentogramms near the heart room. Dunno should be possible to beat.

Ok finished it. Its all about soul energy. Preserve it for as much as possible and you should be able to beat this lvl. Also never open both hero gates or it will take ages ( like for me ) before you acquire it.
    also you know you can open gates by having your lord go up to them right?

Yes. Ofcourse.

Overally I would say missions are slightly harder than they should be. Also, I'm curious why Skeletions and Rats have reduced health from start? Kinda makes them way too weak.

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Slichizard View Post
    Yes. Ofcourse.

Overally I would say missions are slightly harder than they should be. Also, I'm curious why Skeletions and Rats have reduced health from start? Kinda makes them way too weak.

did you upgrade your monster level?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Max Hayman PSN ID: Ballwinkle XFIRE ID: elmaxaman Steam ID: ballwinkle

It would be better if i knew what to do. Like a tutorial saying, this does that, that does this. Game crashed when the heros appeared on level 2 lol. And i was clueless..

I kind of have to agree, the tutorial parts of the game are put in there a little haphazardly. That said I just beat 0_2 and know all the basics by now so it can't be all bad - it just requires quite a bit of reading and patience.