Thread: New to dk1~Need help

Default New to dk1~Need help

Hello KK!

I was play for a while dk1 and then i quited, for some i forgot why but now i have find out..

THE GAME IS FUCKED UP..

I have so many bugs that they have killed my need to dk1.. i really miss the game now (dont know why i have waked up only now.. ) so i will give the list of bugs i need to be fixed..

1-No back round music

2-for some reason all the speeches are very confused and most of the time i get from the evil voice only nonsense (Once when i have started a level i got this speech as the starting speech:"If you need help to publish your maps call:000-HORNED-REAPER-...." or something like that )

3-when i try to enter the game i cant just go to the launcher.. (i press it and it just does NOTHING)
    i have to go to the installation and press "Run" to play the game... (Deeper dungeons launcher is bugged too and i cant just press "RUN" to open it means i cant play DD

4-Cant see the trailer,yet for some reason i can still hear the sound 0o..

PLEAS HELP ME

Duke Ragereaver Edit: Thread moved.
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; December 3rd, 2010 at 15:55.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: New to dk1~Need help

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Infernal View Post
    Hello KK!
    First, this shouldn't go in the Mapmaking section. It should go in Troubleshooting... or something.

I was play for a while dk1 and then i quited, for some i forgot why but now i have find out..
    You mean you quit DK1 and you forgot why? ...then you played again and remembered? Sorry, just trying to clarify. It is kind of hard to understand that particular line.

THE GAME IS FUCKED UP..
    Swearing in capital letters when requesting help... probably not the best idea. At least you didn't bold it...

I have so many bugs that they have killed my need to dk1.. i really miss the game now (dont know why i have waked up only now.. ) so i will give the list of bugs i need to be fixed..
    So if you don't need DK1, why do you miss it? Is that "waked up only now" statement referring to why you began to miss it only now, or that you just woke up from sleeping? If the latter, why do we need to know that?

1-No back round music
    Problem with a lot of users. Deal with it. To me it is hardly a problem, and I hardly ever recall many other people complaining about no music. But if it is that much of a burden to you, then why don't you try playing some music outside the game. I can link you to the music that SHOULD be playing.

There's nothing really I can do in order to fix the music for you though. Either your computer plays it or it doesn't. (Has nothing to do with the disk I believe, I've used the same disk on multiple computers/laptops and they had difference responses) In my experiance, even if your computer does play the music in DK1, it seems to die out after a while sometimes. No idea why though.

2-for some reason all the speeches are very confused and most of the time i get from the evil voice only nonsense (Once when i have started a level i got this speech as the starting speech:"If you need help to publish your maps call:000-HORNED-REAPER-...." or something like that )
    That should not be, and I doubt anyone here can fix that. Either someone is messing with you and created a speech file like that and placed it into the game or you're drinking too much. (jk... well maybes... :P)

Could be something else though...

3-when i try to enter the game i cant just go to the launcher.. (i press it and it just does NOTHING)
    i have to go to the installation and press "Run" to play the game... (Deeper dungeons launcher is bugged too and i cant just press "RUN" to open it means i cant play DD
    At least you can get the original game to work. I do believe I had a problem like that once before but I got around it. I forgot how though. That isn't a common problem, to my knowledge.

4-Cant see the trailer,yet for some reason i can still hear the sound 0o..
    You want to see the intro? Look here

PLEAS HELP ME
    Considering the problems you're having with the Launcher, Trailer, and the odd messages you're getting... I think it would be more proper to say that...

YOUR GAME IS FUCKED UP..
    I suggest getting a new one if you really are having trouble. Did you download that from somewhere?

PS: Do not spam emotes. It doesn't look very good.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; December 3rd, 2010 at 12:20.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Sorry for my really odd "intro" some time i have problems whit self expression when typing (Its probelly because i type really fast and dont think too much about what i type it very often creates grammer mistakes,uncorrect self expression,and such.. through it really could be because i am really pissed..)

Now i really want to get a new download of the game but i just fail at finding things on the Internet (maybe i have "self-expression problems" when using Google too xD) so i wonder if you can give me a link to a download you will make b yourself? Will be really kind of ya

(And pleas no more downloads of nero suported programs and such.. really hard time to find a matching disk )

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Sorry for my really odd "intro" some time i have problems whit self expression when typing (Its probelly because i type really fast and dont think too much about what i type it very often creates grammer mistakes,uncorrect self expression,and such.. through it really could be because i am really pissed..)

Now i really want to get a new download of the game but i just fail at finding things on the Internet (maybe i have "self-expression problems" when using Google too xD) so i wonder if you can give me a link to a download you will make b yourself? Will be really kind of ya

(And pleas no more downloads of nero suported programs and such.. really hard time to find a matching disk )
    Try typing slower, look over what you're about to put down, and also think a bit.

As for the download, I only asked because I was wondering if that's how you originally got it. I myself didn't download it. I got the game from amazon a few years back. I don't know where to download and fear going to the wrong site and possibly getting a virus, that's why I don't do it.

Therefore I cannot provide a link.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Only thing left to suggest is KeeperFX and its patch... (If you have any there then consult the KeeperFx_readme)
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

I try to download the FXdk version but when i press download it take Infinite time to load and it happend white all the version.. whats wrong??

Ah well then try it from here (patch here)

Also it is whole game file, you have to be patient.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"