Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hive Keeper - Dungeon Keeper remake on Starcraft 2

Default Re: Hive Keeper - Dungeon Keeper remake on Starcraft 2

DK2 just didn't grab me like DK1 did, in part it was the gameplay being needlessly padded, but mainly it was the decision to go with a more cartoony style of humour is probably what I liked least about it.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Lets stop the DK2 vs. DK1 discussion, its derailing the thread. I for one am more interested in this map than differences in 11-13 year old games
    "The essence of religion: Fear God and obey God. The quintessence of spirituality: Love God and become another God." -- Sri Chinmoy

Quote Originally Posted by dotted View Post
    Lets stop the DK2 vs. DK1 discussion, its derailing the thread. I for one am more interested in this map than differences in 11-13 year old games
    You are right, I really need to cut out late/early posting on the forum.

Real questions time!:

How big is/are the map/s going to be? (Compared to that of either DK game, Ie bigger/smaller)

Does your mod use a system similer to this one?

How extensive is the mod going to be?
    -Is this going to be pretty complete recreation of the game, with spells, resources (I noticed the treasure room is missing), rooms, attacking factions, ect. ?

Is there going to be an audio alert system like the Mentor from dk, or a more text/visual based alert?
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

are the heroes going to be based off of Protoss or Terran?

Quote Originally Posted by A New Room View Post

How big is/are the map/s going to be? (Compared to that of either DK game, Ie bigger/smaller)

Does your mod use a system similer to this one?

How extensive is the mod going to be?
    -Is this going to be pretty complete recreation of the game, with spells, resources (I noticed the treasure room is missing), rooms, attacking factions, ect. ?

Is there going to be an audio alert system like the Mentor from dk, or a more text/visual based alert?
    I can't say exactly what's the size difference between DK and my mod but I can say you that I can generate a maximum of 128x128 tiles. The game can't be pushed over this numbers but I suppose that 16k tiles are enough.

Yes my mod is similar to the video you posted, I made a huge brainstorming with the other author while we were preparing the workers AI, BTW we did 2 separate projects and he stopped working on it cause lacks of time.

Game mechanics will be almost the same of DK2, units however will be different and with different abilities (but similar roles). Same for keeper spells/traps, some will be identhical while some can be different.
    The additions to my mod will be the support for more single/multiplayer game types, some inspired to other starcraft 2 mods. Here are some ideas I got in my mind:
    - 1v1, 2v2, Free For All
    - Coop till 4 players vs computer heroes
    - Survival game (single or multi) - survive the most time possible against increasing amounts of heroes waves
    - Ability to play as heros against keepers
    - Campaign
    - Training/Tutorials
    - Map editor

The treasure room is missing because I was searching for decent models to use, now I found all the missing room decorations I needed thanks to the sc2mapster community

BTW implementing ALL these features will require years of work, the mod will be obviously playable before

Quote Originally Posted by natchoguy View Post
    are the heroes going to be based off of Protoss or Terran?
    Terrans will be the good heroes as natural opposite force to zergs. However I was thinking to add protoss as neutral race to conquer.

P.S.
    Room building feature is half done
    Another video will come when this feature will be completed
    Last edited by Bibendus; December 13th, 2010 at 21:33.

Here is a small preview of guard rooms tiles:

everything looks cool but, aren't terran range-based fighters? And yet, I suppose you can easily edit them, just make sure it doesn't look weird (the "hero" combat style)

Quote Originally Posted by natchoguy View Post
    everything looks cool but, aren't terran range-based fighters? And yet, I suppose you can easily edit them, just make sure it doesn't look weird (the "hero" combat style)
    Yes they are ranged and that's one of the major changes from the original game. As I said units and their abilities will be quite different.
    Btw marines will have a low range so they won't be too effective considering they will be noob units.

And here is the first room with advanced efficiency check.
    As you can see hatchery holes are spawned only on free 3x3 tiles and it works even on complex room shapes

Last edited by Bibendus; December 18th, 2010 at 14:10.

And now the workshop

and library
    Last edited by Bibendus; December 19th, 2010 at 16:28.