Thread: keeperfx 0.37c IPX MULTIPLAYER playing with Win7/Vista 32 or 64 bits

Ghost

Default keeperfx 0.37c IPX MULTIPLAYER playing with Win7/Vista 32 or 64 bits

I have successfully installed IPX drivers in my Win7 64 bits to play keeperfx in IPX multiplayer game but... It shows me "unable to initialise". I have the Windows firewall completely disabled and IPX drivers are successfully installed. How can I solve this?

I attach here the IPX drivers for 32/64 bits of Win7/Vista if anyone want to try, select the correct zip file you need depending of your 32/64 bits Windows. These files are taken from an XP 32 and XP 64 bits respective CDs installation. You should copy these files in your windows directory, so extract it in C:\ directly. Then, restart your PC pressing F8 before Windows starts and select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" to allow installs these drivers. Then, Start --> Control Panel --> Network and Sharing Center --> Manage network connections. Then, right-click on your network adapter and select Properties. If prompted by the UAC (User Account Control), continue through it. Click the Install button, then select Protocol and click the Add button. Select the NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Protocol, and click the OK button. Wait a moment for the protocol to install. A "Program Compatibility Assistant" warning will appear; ignore it. The driver is now installed and you should see it listed in the properties for your network adapter. Close all windows and reboot.

Anyone knows why it fails in keeperfx?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: keeperfx 0.37c IPX MULTIPLAYER playing with Win7/Vista 32 or 64 bits

KeeperFX doesn't work with multiplayer yet. The furthest you can get is P_Hansson's beta versions in this thread.

The Awakening

Ghost

Default Re: keeperfx 0.37c IPX MULTIPLAYER playing with Win7/Vista 32 or 64 bits

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    KeeperFX doesn't work with multiplayer yet. The furthest you can get is P_Hansson's beta versions in this thread.
    IPX Multiplayer was supported on the original Dungeon Keeper, so if keeperfx maintains the original IPX DLL functions, I think this should work... Moreover, the IPX multiplayer option is available in keeperfx. We need to know if the IPX patch that was released to the original Dungeon Keeper (a modified keeper95.exe) is included in keeperfx, I think this can be the problem
    Last edited by jomalin; December 19th, 2010 at 13:34.

The IPX multiplayer in NOT FUNCTIONAL in KeeperFX. It just won't work. This also means there is NO multiplayer support at all in KeeperFX, at least in current version. Work is in progress on multiplayer by TCP/IP. As about IPX, this option may never become functional again.