Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Build Wall

Default Build Wall

Spell Name:
    Build wall

Description:
    Build an unfortified wall.

Cost:
    Cheap, but not toooo cheap. (We using mana, right?)

Uses:
    Redesigning your dungeon?
    Designing the perfect maze full of booby traps for your enemy!
    Has your dungeon been breached lately?
    Are you sure you were supposed to knock that wall down?
    The Over World looks hideous! Build up a dungeon! :S

Why unfortified? Balance issues. OH LOOK A GIANT ARMY OF MOSTERS!!!... *BLOCKED* HOWever, building enough walls could possibly give you enough time to fortify important walls.

Also, in multiplayer, I usually break all the walls at the enemy’s side to stop him expanding and building good defences. Defences like digging from top to bottom/left to right and fortifying it. With this spell, it is almost like a semi-counter to a wall breaking rush.

Give your thoughts please

Default Re: Build Wall

Similar things have been suggested here. The general consensus was that buildable walls are not a good idea, since their primary purposes would just be fixing bad dungeon design or other mistakes. (I accidentally got Heroes to breach my dungeon? Oh idc, just place a wall there. *bam* there. Fixed. Yay.). Plus, it's pretty much game breaking, especially in Hero maps.

Plus, there's hardly a difference between instant fortified walls and instant unfortified walls. The only difference is that unfortified ones take a couple seconds and an Imp to fortify, and the only difference is that enemy Imps would be able to do anything - but by the time they could do anything anyway, it's fortified anyway. Kind of nulls the point of having buildable walls unfortified.

The Awakening

Ah! I did a search and never found that.
    What's so game breaking about it?
    There's far more game breaking things in DK1 already e.g. lighting spell :O

Hero maps= Most maps are turtle maps.
    Introduce a new skill for dwarf/imps to be able to dig through fortified walls at lvl 5+ or so (reason to train imps plus more value to your imps)

It's not so easy to fortify a wall. Especially if it's a wall where you can get more than 3 imps to pick at. Even if you do get it fortified, there's always that spell and your base is breached again.

IFFFF it's far to game breaking to you then make it high level imps can build walls which take around 10 seconds balancing enough?

Make high level imps/dwarf dig through the fortified wall! It will make game play far more intense and less afk until my units are lvl 10. =/
    Having a Hero going through specific locations to get to your heart is rather simple while 1 boulder takes them all out. Having heroes totally destroying your walls to pieces to get to your heart is far more entertaining and challenging.
    Our dungeon designs will be far more complex with far more traps and less Lighting Spell spam.

actually the spam will increase since there won't be that one boulder to crush them all at once

Quote Originally Posted by natchoguy View Post
    actually the spam will increase since there won't be that one boulder to crush them all at once
    made me lol

I see more benefits going this direction but maybe should just wait until the game developes.

Demon Spawn

What about barricades that are made in the workshop. I believe DKII had that. (Never got far in that game because the pace was too slow and made me stop playing.)

Simply say where you want a barricade, it will be made for a small price. Imps place the barricade. There you go. It would be simply a stronger door that can't be opened.

you can see and shoot past it and it's very weak. it's actually one of the worst things to build in the game. the only things i build in multiplayer are sentry, gas, lighting.

this is supposed to be the counter tremor spell!

Demon Spawn

Well this is made by you guys, not the official makers. You could make it as strong as a braced/iron door or simply make it look as if it was boarded up completely (no sight).

yea, pretty much a wall then, isn't it? and will replace doors if it's just as strong. makes more sense to be able to use a magic spell to get some rocks and place it into a wall. i guess we'll try it out once the game gets rolling and compare gameplay since it's a really easy feature to dump in.

Demon Spawn

It's a wall, but one that can be broken down by any hero/unit. So it's more of an makeshift fix than actually rebuilding a wall. :P
    But yeh. ^^