Thread: DK 2 Editor. Hero Patrol doesnt respawn if kill & Flag issues?. what are they for?

Question DK 2 Editor. Hero Patrol doesnt respawn if kill & Flag issues?. what are they for?

hello,

i was working on swiss chees adding heros in middle (castle)
    and beside each 4 corners added 1 gate. to make heros spawn

so here is what i did.

I ve created a Hero Party 9 members. Leader Dwaft.
    Added 4 action points and as objective gave dwaft "Send to action point --> ap 1"

Than i added Trigger: to make heros spawn (which worked btw)
    When Time >=1
    Flag8 = 1 (here i have no clue what i m doing, i really dont understand what those flags are for and where or how to place them, in the desctiption its so confusing i didnt understand this part)
    Create Hero Party 1 At AP 1

than i added Trigger to Party Members which looked as following:
    When >= 9 Members killed
    Create Hero Party at AP 1

at the other 4 partys i did the same, after killed in game they didnt respawn
    the 1st party after killed somehow did respawn 1nce.

please help wanted to add some maps to the comunity to fight heros but dont wanna add them untill those issues exist.

thanks

Default Re: DK 2 Editor. Hero Patrol doesnt respawn if kill & Flag issues?. what are they for

nobody an idea?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Default Re: DK 2 Editor. Hero Patrol doesnt respawn if kill & Flag issues?. what are they for

If you don't understand what flags are doing, then don't use them.

Check if your trigger has "Repeat" option marked.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    Check if your trigger has "Repeat" option marked.

yes i checked it and clicked on
    When >= 9 membes killed TRIGGER
    and in Repeat i marked "Always" instead of once. but still the same, after they are killed they dont spawn at the gate. What am i doing wrong?

PS: i ve uploaded the map. maybe easier to tell what i did wrong.

http://hotfile.com/dl/93530676/8f4a604/K.rar.html
    Last edited by Dungeon_Bird; January 1st, 2011 at 22:01.

I'll look into it in some time. Maybe DL will be able to respond quicker.

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

Ok checked the map. First, what did you include the timers for?

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

second thought - the map is clearly imbalanced. spawning lvl7-9 units in large chunks o n1st second of the game is not really good.

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

This takes longer because I'm testing it on 1.7 and AI there doesnt help at all. But I think I have fixed it.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

O I have it. Its a good mod for the map, just make it more balanced. It might be fun.

I did everything through flags because the program understands commands better that way.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: rar k.rar (54.8 KB, 18 views)

yeah, i ve kinda prepared the map for me and a gf to play on. just for 2 players for now.
    Wanted to make heros quite strong while forcing them to patrol a certain path. (I ve modified the final lvl 20 map bit ago and made for multiplayer, was quite fun but not easy at all facing lvl 9's each min on patrol)
    I think i understood now how those flags kinda work that was the main issue i had. Thanks for your help.

i ll try to make it more balanced. Should be fun to play it on swiss cheese with King and heroes facing you in the middle of the map.

I just wonder how high their levels should be, i ve played DK2 so often that maybe i forgot that it might be not easy for a new player at all.
    Last edited by Dungeon_Bird; January 3rd, 2011 at 10:10.

it is not hte matter of the high, low level, it is more to the strategic location of every player. Because it the very beginning of the game I went to claim a protal, and immediately faced lvl 7-9 heroes, even that neutral support didnt help me. So I would recommend
    1. either decrease levels a bit to 5-6
    2. or move the patrols outside the portal perimeter.