Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Attacks not being drawn.

Default Attacks not being drawn.

I'm using keeperfx 38a...and I don't know if it's the update, or what, but recently I've been having the problem of attacks not being drawn/working at all. Now, that's not to say I haven't has this issue before, I think we all have, but selling some rooms seems to fix it right up. At least, it used to.

With only a few small rooms, I don't think 30 lv10 skeletons would should cause the errors, since before I've has more then that all at once crushing things with lightning. Now, it's not working. It just seems like the draw limit is being hit a lot faster then before, but it's not crashing the game. I could be wrong though >.>

Unfortunately, I don't have a savefile for this, but it's been happening pretty much any time I try to have a large scale battle anymore. It shouldn't take 10+ min for 8 skeletons to take out a fairy...

Ghost

Default Re: Attacks not being drawn.

In what level does this happen to you?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HellsFait View Post
    I'm using keeperfx 38a...and I don't know if it's the update, or what, but recently I've been having the problem of attacks not being drawn/working at all. Now, that's not to say I haven't has this issue before, I think we all have, but selling some rooms seems to fix it right up. At least, it used to.

With only a few small rooms, I don't think 30 lv10 skeletons would should cause the errors, since before I've has more then that all at once crushing things with lightning. Now, it's not working. It just seems like the draw limit is being hit a lot faster then before, but it's not crashing the game. I could be wrong though >.>

Unfortunately, I don't have a savefile for this, but it's been happening pretty much any time I try to have a large scale battle anymore. It shouldn't take 10+ min for 8 skeletons to take out a fairy...
    There probably are other Things going on that you are unaware of that are helping hit the Thing limit. Or perhaps Lightning is counting as multiple Things.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

The second line would imply that there are simply too many ''things'' on the map. Is this the case?

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Well, now TRYING to sound like a prick, but pretty much everything said here is what I already said >.>
    It happens on more then one map, I already know of the "things" issue...I'm just saying that it seems like it has a smaller limit then before.

I only had a few rooms, and I had claimed 90% of the map at that point, only one small area remained unexplored, and I can only assume it would have just triggered another hero spawn, like every other small area I broke my way into. I didn't finish the map, I kind of got fed up with waiting an hour for a small battle to end.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Oggrr

Did you check the log? Try playing the save game/map with keeperfx_dbg and check the log file for any errors, it will help the developers, and everyone else, help you and us with the problem. I have experienced it sometimes also.

A note for anyone experiencing this: A save file where this issue appears from start helps a lot in solving such non-crash issues (for crash issues it isn't necessarily as easy, on the other hand we're more likely to note crashes).

Mefistotelis will have to make some hypothesis regarding this as I'm not completely knowledgeable about the inner workings of the game core.

Thing limit hasn't changed. There's a possibility that some cleanup code was broken and old thing aren't freed correctly' but I doubt that. I can't fix an error if I can't re-create it.

Ghost

I had this too on one of the custom campaigns, I don't know what the map was called, but it was pretty basic and had 3 other CPU keepers. You could only get Spiders and Beetles. Every keeper could get up to 42 creatures, but at the time I went to attack they had almost no creatures left due to a too small hatchery. But my 40 mistresses (temple) en 2 wizards did nothing they just did the attack animation but there was no lightning and no fireballs flying around?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Oggrr

I will update this reply with a save game on one of the levels this occurs.

EDIT: I was not sure how to distinguish the difference from the saves, so it got all my saves. But it's the save game called "PENETENCIA". When the heroes drop down the monsters will stop eventually to be able to cast most spells, some of the spells work, sometimes, and attacks. It helped a little when sold a treasure room nearby, but not for long though. Hope the save game helps, and it's not too far into the problem. I can replay a level and try to save at a better moment
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ogre; January 15th, 2011 at 17:11. Reason: Adding save game