Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Twin Keeper

Demon Spawn

Default Twin Keeper

Hello,

I know that you guys don't really support custom campaigns but I have a few questions.
    The first map is very hard, actually I've tried multiple times and none of them got close to actually beating the map. In the end I get flushed out by a mass amount of high level heroes. Even with 12 dragons raging between level 5 and 7 and a whole bucket of bile demons I can't take them on for long.

The issue lies with the mass occurring attacks of heroes, the first attacks are a little early but after a few tries the dwarfs and fairies can be defeated.
    After a while the game gives the: the land of the lord approaches message. Pretty cool, it's the avatar at level 1.

I must have killed that guy 20 times but he just keeps re-spawning. In the end the game starts sending out groups op level 10 bandits which along with the other attacks are hard to take care of but then the game starts sending high level wizards. Just a few of them totally destroyed my entire 30 strong army mainly because I get no time to properly train them. It's battle after battle after battle.

Unless you have to play this game with a second keeper I don't see how it's possible to beat it. Is there something wrong with the code? 20 Avatars seems a bit to much for the very first level.

Beetle
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: Xfireisdeadlol

Default Re: Twin Keeper

We dont support Costum Campaign at KeeperFX therefor i think this topic more belong in the Dungeon Keeper 1 section. =)

Demon Spawn

Well I think it´s related to the balance changes to KeeperFX that make some campaigns impossible. It's at least something to keep in mind.

add this line into the campaign config folder below land location.

CREATURES_LOCATION = campgns/ancntkpr_crtr

the ancient keeper campaign doesnt use the balance changes, so should reduce the problems.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edorien View Post
    add this line into the campaign config folder below land location.

CREATURES_LOCATION = campgns/ancntkpr_crtr

the ancient keeper campaign doesnt use the balance changes, so should reduce the problems.
    Problem is that that only changes Creature data. There's more data that has been changed as well, such as WoP and stuff.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

I will add level scripts for all campaigns to SVN; this will make tracking changes easier.

Then we can start discussing changes.

EDIT: Twin Keepers is a part of KeeperFX CCP project, so the subject does fits here.
    Last edited by mefistotelis; January 24th, 2011 at 17:12.

Demon Spawn

Little report on the campaign again. Got a lot further then the previous attempts.
    It's really hard. And I'm really good at the game. So that says a lot. (And I don't mind it being hard.)

(Warning, this might sound as a rant but it isn't.)

That first map (no clue if there are more) is way to hard. Once you figure out the start and train your units fast enough it's bearable. Though getting all your units up to level 10 and maintaining that is too expensive as there are no diamonds.
    Enough of the first part which is too hard, you can survive it if you get the orc at the start. (Three options, orc = army, wizard = spells and troll = traps, however the other two don't survive the start nor have the power to survive long anyway.)

Once I got far enough the map started sending groups of 10+ fairies that are all level 10 every few min.
    Even with a full sized army of 8 dragons, 8 bile demons and 8 orcs all at level 10 I lose around 2 or 3 of them in the fight. Which is costly as by the time the second attack starts you aren't recovered yet so you slowly die.

I kept pushing and I was near the end of the first map. Having near to no gold left with a full sized army where every creature is level 10 I thought I could win. Nope
    Once you enter the last rooms the game sends around 50 - 100 level 10 heroes. All at once.
    I could see around 20 fairies, 10 knights, a avatar here and there. And a high amount of other heroes.
    Needless to say my fullsized army was destroyed in seconds.

This might sound as a rant but man that is a bit too much considering you aren't allowed to have spells or traps. :P
    Last edited by Airandius; January 25th, 2011 at 14:01.

I must sort of agree with Airandius on this. While I didn't suffer from those Fairy attacks too much (Try pitting lvl 10 mistresses against 'em, they ANNIHILATE fairies), that final army is pretty much indestructible. I simply cannot muster enough of an army to defeat an enemy force of that size. Maybe it's me missing something obvious, but I really don't think I am :P

Demon Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Lasharus View Post
    I must sort of agree with Airandius on this. While I didn't suffer from those Fairy attacks too much (Try pitting lvl 10 mistresses against 'em, they ANNIHILATE fairies), that final army is pretty much indestructible. I simply cannot muster enough of an army to defeat an enemy force of that size. Maybe it's me missing something obvious, but I really don't think I am :P
    Ooh mistresses? How do you get those.

At the start of the game you can roll one of three monsters.
    - Wizard, gets you the library but wizards are weak as crap at the start of the game.
    - Troll, never played with him.
    - Orc, got access to dragons and other fighting monsters like bile demons and spiders. Did not get the torture chamber though.
    Last edited by Airandius; January 25th, 2011 at 17:31.

I'm still working on an update:
    https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/s...mat=side&r=295

The problem is, this script uses all possible commands, completely filling internal arrays. It's just very complicated - consumes all IF loops and all ScriptValue items. To add anything, I must remove something else. This may take some time.