Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Burning Sun

Default Re: [Spell] The Burning Sun

Sounds a bit overpowered, I am against any spell that could place one person inches away from winning the level by simply casting it despite anything else that's happening.

Default [Spell] The Burning Sun

one player use the Burning Sun spell but the enemy countered with the Grasshopper Plague spell. Burning Sun wins

Default Re: [Spell] The Burning Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Hapuga
    mmm... No. Sounds more like a "plx, plx, take all my mana and cash just dont hurt me plx" kind of spell. Cheat. And if other keeper sees it comming, it's useless. Well, if you want an uber spell, I guess it has to be uber in all ways. Killing everything. Both allies and enemies. Destroying rooms. Damaging Dungeon Heart. Then it's fair
    The spell is very powerful, and yes, does take alot of gold, but it can't damage rooms, and if you have a creature with a water/ice spell, they don't die, only get knocked out.

And it can only be used in some levels, like a level with heroes assalting you at all areas.

It might be a good way to conteract the Horned Reaper, now that I think about it.

Default Re: The Burning Sun

Dosen't sound like a good diea to me I'm afraid. IF we had soemthing like this, it should be a rare addition to levels, and sued as a special rather than a spell, to make keepers fight over it as it would essentialy be a game win; rather than encouraging the player to turtle up and research to get the spell first.

I'm also not convinced a burning sun would be the best kind of ultimate evil spell, surely chilling darkness (not an actual suggestion) would be more fitting.

Personaly I think Armagedon is the only game ending spell we need.

I find the spell wonderfull if it damages undead the most and less the living creatures. Something like Searing Light from D&D. It also honours its name the most.
    In this version It would be nice to have it medium priced (about 1/5 of the total given mana).

Hi all, this is my first post

I was thinking of the burning sun spell and how to tone it down. What if it creates a beam of sun light that is focused on one spot (where the keeper clicks) of claimed land. The beam width could be a couple of feet or meters. It hangs around for a while before fading out. Creatures that walk through it are burnt away slowly.

Some creatures would be immune. And some would take more damage than others.

Maybe this is a hero only spell for the wizard or fairy or monk etc...

somewhere fun (i tell a lie it's actually quite boring, oh I wish I lived in liechstenstein)

I think that the with the suggestion Ini made this could work other than that no chance

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Thing is, its often when your on the brink of defeat that you have the most mana and gold.

comps will try to pick up all creatures but imps and drop them somewhere safe

I suggest "safe-zones." In other worlds, all creatures in temples, dungeon hearts allied or enemy are unhurt and protected by the unholiness and powerful magical energy of these sights.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

somewhere fun (i tell a lie it's actually quite boring, oh I wish I lived in liechstenstein)

I think by accident Ini has brought this thread back from the dead. RHYME
    I really object to an insta-win spell. have it consentrated on one are means that you can use it strategically and it's not overpowered.

damn necroposters.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif