Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New script commands

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Default Re: New script commands

A member on DK.net suggested these commands:

SET_DAMAGE([Action point],[x]) - This would be to create a damage area where creatures that stand inside the action point bounding would constantly get damage, a bit like if they walk into lava.
    [Action point] = Action point
    [x] = Damage to inflict per game turn

SET_DUNGEON_DAMAGE([Player],[x]) - This would be to cause damage to the player's dungeon heart each time one of his creatures die.
    [Player] = Player
    [x] = Damage to inflict to the dungeon heart

SET_HERO_DEFEND([x]) - This is to set the heroes' state to active/passive. Once they're passive, they don't attack any players. This would be a beginning command for patrols.
    [x] = 0 for false or 1 for true

USE_SPELL([Player],[x],[y],[Spell],[Power]) - This would simply allow to cast a spell anywhere on the map.
    [Player] = Player that cast the spell. ALL_PLAYERS could be for a neutral player.
    [x] and [y] = Coordinates
    [Spell] = Could be either POWER_CALL_TO_ARMS (except for a neutral player), POWER_SIGHT (except for a neutral player), POWER_CAVE_IN, POWER_LIGHTNING (even for a neutral player if possible) or POWER_DESTROY_WALLS.
    [Power] = Power of the spell from 1 to 9.
    I have no idea if it would cost gold or not.
    Last edited by DragonsLover; February 26th, 2011 at 21:46.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

is there a simple command for adding dungeon specials to the level like the ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL command?
    Last edited by Lotex; April 7th, 2011 at 03:24.

Gamer IDs

While we're on it, a command for adding any"thing"?

Hmm, I'm not sure...

nah, i mean things like dungeons specials, traps or spells - they're probably placed with the editor, i just wanna know if there's a software solution to do something like that because creatures can be placed with a command line, too

This thread is supposed to be for proposing commands. If you're just asking if there is one like that - no, there isn't.

@DL
    I like your previous propositions.

Gamer IDs

They weren't mines. They came from a member on DK.net.

Just some Thoughts

- Destroy_Room - all of the Tiles of a certain type (or All) belonging to Specific Player are immediately destroyed. this can also be used to kill the Dungeon Heart, remove Doors, Traps, and remove (permanently) all Reinforced Walls. you can control what rooms the Player has at different points of gameplay, and at various points in time, make his Dungeon defenceless so he has to deal with the enemies based on the creatures he has, or simply remove Reinforced Walls from play permanently so that Keepers will be able to engage each other

- Remove_Creature - all Creatures of a certain type belonging to a Specific Player are immediately removed from the map. this can be used so that players may "select" specific number of Creatures for a "Commando" style map, and the rest are removed

- Detect_Highest_Level - this checks the highest level Creature for a Keeper. Instead of using Timer-Related Spawns, this can make harder maps more "manageable" for less "hardcore" Players (who won't be playing KeeperFX? lol). It can also be used to constantly keep the Pressure Up even if a Keeper is more efficient than other players.

- OR check in IF. combined with Timer_Expired and Detect_Highest_Level to move to the next event, either when the Keeper is "ready" or when time is up, there are of course a huge number of uses.

- Add_Tunneller_Party_Keeper - this allows you to add an allied Tunneller and his Party belonging to an (enemy) Keeper. The Keeper may not control this Tunneller, who will act as if he was a Hero alignment but claims territory, and MOST crucially, may not be interrupted by the Keeper. This may be used to coordinate simultaneous assaults on the Player. If you don't mind irritating your Player, you could create an allied Tunneller that the Player cannot control which starts digging to the Enemy Keeper's Lair, although use of some spells like Wind, and self-harming spells might spell an end for him.

- Add_Tunneller_Party_Keeper_No_Count - identical to the above, but the Tunneller and his party does not affect the Creature Count of the Keeper.

- Imp_Break_Reinforce_Flag - allows Imps to break reinforced walls of the enemy, even without Destroy Walls

- Tunneller_Break_Reinforce_Flag - allows Tunnellers to break reinforced walls

- Tunneller_Break_Gold_Flag - allows Tunnellers to break Gold

- Mass_Reveal_Map - all Keepers immediately see the whole map, same as Reveal Map. With Destroy Walls, they can drop their Imps on unclaimed territory.

- Path_List - a list of X and Y coordinates for Creatures to move towards. a point will be skipped if it is inaccessible / unreachable by the Creature. a Repeat flag will cause the path to keep looping. this can be used for both Tunnellers and normal Heroes, and is used as a Party Objective

- A general Flag that causes all parties who, when the Leader is killed, the surviving "Leader" will retain the Party Objective instead of carrying on to do the usual thing (typically assault the Dungeon Heart)

Edit : oh dear, how silly. I just realised, you could actually ally the various Enemy Keepers to the Hero Player, yes? The only difference is that of course the Tunneller won't claim tiles for the Keeper.
    Last edited by Zyraen; June 1st, 2011 at 06:02.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Zyraen
    - Destroy_Room - all of the Tiles of a certain type (or All) belonging to Specific Player are immediately destroyed. this can also be used to kill the Dungeon Heart, remove Doors, Traps, and remove (permanently) all Reinforced Walls. you can control what rooms the Player has at different points of gameplay, and at various points in time, make his Dungeon defenceless so he has to deal with the enemies based on the creatures he has, or simply remove Reinforced Walls from play permanently so that Keepers will be able to engage each other
    Surely possible, but I don't think room tiles, doors, traps and reinforced walls are meant to be destroyed for no reason. If it's for multiplayer purposes, then perhaps we could wait to get a game configuration menu which would allow to alter anything?

- Remove_Creature - all Creatures of a certain type belonging to a Specific Player are immediately removed from the map. this can be used so that players may "select" specific number of Creatures for a "Commando" style map, and the rest are removed
    Same as above, 'cause players can't "select" stuff while in-game unless they trigger something.

- Detect_Highest_Level - this checks the highest level Creature for a Keeper. Instead of using Timer-Related Spawns, this can make harder maps more "manageable" for less "hardcore" Players (who won't be playing KeeperFX? lol). It can also be used to constantly keep the Pressure Up even if a Keeper is more efficient than other players.
    Sounds good. Could be used as a variable as in:
    IF(PLAYER0,HIGHEST_CREATURE_LEVEL == 10)
    Action
    Action
    ENDIF

- Add_Tunneller_Party_Keeper - this allows you to add an allied Tunneller and his Party belonging to an (enemy) Keeper. The Keeper may not control this Tunneller, who will act as if he was a Hero alignment but claims territory, and MOST crucially, may not be interrupted by the Keeper. This may be used to coordinate simultaneous assaults on the Player. If you don't mind irritating your Player, you could create an allied Tunneller that the Player cannot control which starts digging to the Enemy Keeper's Lair, although use of some spells like Wind, and self-harming spells might spell an end for him.

Edit : oh dear, how silly. I just realised, you could actually ally the various Enemy Keepers to the Hero Player, yes? The only difference is that of course the Tunneller won't claim tiles for the Keeper.
    Yup, you can already assign a tunneller to an enemy Keeper, either with ally with heroes or by giving him the tunneller straight amongst his number of creatures. However, it's just silly to have a hero helping an enemy Keeper imho.

- Add_Tunneller_Party_Keeper_No_Count - identical to the above, but the Tunneller and his party does not affect the Creature Count of the Keeper.
    Like an Imp in other words. Then, why not using an Imp instead to lead the party? Would make much more sense.

- Imp_Break_Reinforce_Flag - allows Imps to break reinforced walls of the enemy, even without Destroy Walls

- Tunneller_Break_Reinforce_Flag - allows Tunnellers to break reinforced walls

- Tunneller_Break_Gold_Flag - allows Tunnellers to break Gold
    Here, it depends how the game is coded to allow this, but I think it's possible.

- Mass_Reveal_Map - all Keepers immediately see the whole map, same as Reveal Map. With Destroy Walls, they can drop their Imps on unclaimed territory.
    REVEAL_MAP_RECT already exists to do the job. Just replace "PLAYER0" with "ALL_PLAYERS".

- A general Flag that causes all parties who, when the Leader is killed, the surviving "Leader" will retain the Party Objective instead of carrying on to do the usual thing (typically assault the Dungeon Heart)
    I think there's some work to do with party's AI so perhaps this may be possible.

Surely possible, but I don't think room tiles, doors, traps and reinforced walls are meant to be destroyed for no reason. If it's for multiplayer purposes, then perhaps we could wait to get a game configuration menu which would allow to alter anything?
    This isn't meant for a multiplayer function, actually. There could be 2 ideas here, the 1st is more easily implementable, but the 2nd is more "realistic"
    - the Room / Mechanic stops functioning. eg. the Training Room simply stops working, it can be said that you have a Timer to get everything going, after which everything falls away. Or it could be a Wizard's Magic that if you don't interrupt, disables more and more of your Room Functions.
    - the idea of a "decaying" Realm is something I personally find very cool and fitting with DK. That said, this might just make more sense using Action Points, where all structures within a certain (wide) radius of the Action Point gradually is destroyed, and the ground is no longer claimable.

Re : Remove Creature - Same as above, 'cause players can't "select" stuff while in-game unless they trigger something.
    Actually, they can. I was planning to put a series of Doors, each with 1 type of Room in front of them - Graveyard, Torture Chamber, Hatchery, Treasure Room, Barracks, Library, etc.
    Whichever door you break, gives you 4 types of a previously Neutral Creature (ie you break Graveyard, you get say, 4 Vampires)
    After you break say 2 Doors, all the other creatures are removed from the Neutral Player.

Hmm.. I just realised, I could do something of the same, but instead use Rooms. So that the first 2 Rooms claimed, adds exactly 4 of that Creature onto the Player's Dungeon Heart, or say, adds 20 into the Pool, increasing a Flag to say 1. After the 2nd Room is claimed, set the Flag to 2. After that, no more Creatures are added.

Yup, you can already assign a tunneller to an enemy Keeper, either with ally with heroes or by giving him the tunneller straight amongst his number of creatures. However, it's just silly to have a hero helping an enemy Keeper imho.
    Yep, I did see the assigning a Tunneller to a Player command, but 2 issues is that - it doesn't add a Party following him, and that he doesn't get interrupted by the Keeper
    This I disagree somewhat. I'm actually setting up a framework so you can battle Enemy Hero Keepers, Keepers who use rooms just like you but use Heroes instead of Monsters. The only place I hit a serious Speedbump is with the Imp, I can't quite replace that. In fact, this ties in exactly with...

Like an Imp in other words. Then, why not using an Imp instead to lead the party? Would make much more sense.
    Awesome! In fact, yeah that would be a lot better. The Question - is it possible to prevent the Imp from being interrupted by the Player? So he can keep going to his objective (your Dungeon)

In fact, it might be nice to simply consider a Player Flag that causes all his imps to appear like Tunnellers or something.
    Alternatively, with KeeperFX, it should be possible to replace some rarely used Creature with an Imp, only that it uses a Tunneller Graphic file. The trickier thing is to make the Player AI use say, the Create Tunneller Spell in place of the Create Imp spell. That said, I'm not fully familiar with the scripting for the Keeper, though I have seen stuff like Dig_Gold_Greedy etc. Making the Spell is a little pointless if the AI doesn't use it.
    Why not replace Imp with Tunneller? Because both Keepers would either get Tunnellers or Imps, making the Good vs Evil fight not completely right both ways.

REVEAL_MAP_RECT already exists to do the job. Just replace "PLAYER0" with "ALL_PLAYERS".
    Nice!

Thanks for your responses
    Last edited by Zyraen; June 2nd, 2011 at 09:19.

Here's some others that might be useful, perhaps as an alternative to Destroy_Rooms

- Enable_Imprison - set to 0 to disable the "Imprison" button. 1 vice versa. If its done mid-map, take care to "uncheck" the button before disabling it
    - Enable_Graveyard - set to 0 to disable the ability to raise Vampires and for Imps to pull the bodies along. 1 vice versa
    - Enable_Scavenge - set to 0 to disable Scavenging, 1 vice versa

So, why not simply ban the Rooms?
    Well, they can be used to attract the Creatures, without which (and if certain "broken" or "useless" spells are removed) makes the Research Chain terribly short. Prisons may not be terribly Popular, but I imagine Keepers might want to attract the Vampire.
    For the Prison, you could be allowed to convert / starve creatures initially, but then when time starts you have to use battle Enemies without adding anymore to your horde. Plus it messes up with Torture Chamber, since conversion is very powerful.
    (I actually have this in mind in a "Subdue the Dragon" level, where you first capture 4 areas, each with Prison, Torture Chamber, Destroy Walls, lastly the Dragon. after which your Demonspawns can now become Dragons, and you have to beat the Clock to battle off waves of Heroes. Makes no challenge though if you're going to convert the Heroes )

Scavenging, say an Enemy Keeper constantly scavenging your Creatures, you have to survive for a time against invasions, but EVENTUALLY it lets up and you can get down to business.

BTW, these are the 3 rooms I consider "broken" for the potential to give you Creatures waaaaay beyond your Portal Max.
    I could live without a Prison or limiting Skeletons to max level 1, or making Vampire summoning a Temple recipe and limiting the ingredients, but a Dungeon without a Graveyard is just...... strange for me.

PS : Given how many of the Deeper Dungeons levels disable most / all of these rooms, I'd be inclined to say that Bullfrog agrees here. There's some levels that offer it as an "incentive" for aggression instead of turtling, ie. Batezek. Deeper Dungeon Research Chains are often very short as well.

MAX_TRAINING_AUTO(Number, Player)
    - Creatures of that Player that Auto-Train (Demonspawn, Spiders, Skeletons, Samurai, Orcs, Dark Mistresses, etc) will only Auto-Train up to a particular Level. Usually level 8 or 9.
    - Further Training is done by the Player manually throwing them in
    - Shouldn't be used for the Enemy Keepers

Very Useful for levels when you're expecting Increase Levels and you have no Workshop and no Guardpost. I thought it would never happen, but I almost wanted to yell in frustration keeping my 5 Spiders from training past level 4 in Dixaroc. I specially built a lair for them near the library, then it I connected up my bridge to lure the Heroes, meaning having to hold 6 Imps as well or they'll zip to doom while repeatedly juggling 5 Spiders back to their Lair.
    Even with Guardposts, its pretty irritating at times.
    Last edited by Zyraen; June 2nd, 2011 at 09:35.