Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: New script commands

Default Re: New script commands

What of those commands are available on FX ver 0.40?
    And in the new nightly builds?

Spider

Yes, I'd like to know what new KFX script commands are available. We have the list on page 1 - have any more been implemented? I'm gonna try and convert a DK1 level to a KFX script. Dayo

I can't remember if I added any commands since this post, but all of them can be found in command_desc array here:
    https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/s...c/lvl_script.c

Variables and other script keywords can be found in subsequent arrays in that file.
    Oh, I remember implementing STEAL_SPELLS - it should now really work (hero goes to library, picks up spell and tries to escape).

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    Oh, I remember implementing STEAL_SPELLS - it should now really work (hero goes to library, picks up spell and tries to escape).
    Nice! But can you eleborate on the escape part? Will the hero ignore hostile forces on it's path while performing the task and escaping? And where will he escape to anyway?

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Ragereaver View Post
    Will the hero ignore hostile forces on it's path while performing the task and escaping?
    No; he will focus on a fight if enemies are near (unless he have invisibility).

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Ragereaver View Post
    And where will he escape to anyway?
    To a random hero gate.
    I don't think I made kill_creature() when he reaches the gate, so he will probably stand at the gate and wait forever.

Spider

To use the new commands, I need to put LEVEL_VERSION(1) at the start of the script file. If I do this (and only this) to an existing script, can I assume that this would be an invisible change, or do I need to check that performance is unaffected?

I am attracted to the ability to make the entire map visible using the new KFX script command. Helpful when assessing how computer players are behaving, tunneller parties etc. Just being cautious if that might have unexpected consequences.

I have been playing Nikolai's Castles Campaign, and quite a few enemy keepers have wilted and died without me needing to do anything, so I'm going to focus here.

Dayo

Quote Originally Posted by dayokay View Post
    To use the new commands, I need to put LEVEL_VERSION(1) at the start of the script file. If I do this (and only this) to an existing script, can I assume that this would be an invisible change, or do I need to check that performance is unaffected?
    KeeperFX changes a few of existing commands; if you use that option:
    - RESEARCH() command will act different
    - view icon in DISPLAY_* and QUICK_* may act different.

Spider

What is the difference in the Research command then? Is there a document / web-page that I can read? Are there any maps in KFX that use KFX scripting already? Dayo

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dayokay View Post
    What is the difference in the Research command then? Is there a document / web-page that I can read? Are there any maps in KFX that use KFX scripting already? Dayo
    [Link] <- Clicky.

As for maps that use KFX's new script commands, I'm sure there are some here and there. I don't keep up with FX anymore, so I don't know of any recent maps that include them. But I do know that back when I was making maps for DK1 / FX, I did use some FX Commands when they were available. Unfortunately that was back then, so my maps are kinda dated :P Wasn't nearly as skilled at level designing as I am now, if what I made back then could even be called "skilled".
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Spider

That link is for the original scripts, not KeeperFX scripts, isn't it? (a great document though it is). How does the research command differ if I enable KFX scripting?

In an ideal world that document would be updated for KFX scripting, and then all new & modified maps could use it. True?