Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: New script commands

Default Re: New script commands

Quote Originally Posted by dayokay View Post
    How does the research command differ if I enable KFX scripting?
    From KeeperFX README:
    Code:
    RESEARCH
      Changes amount of research points needed to discover an item
      in library. It doesn't affect research order, only amount
      of points. If the item never was in research list, it's added
      at end. Example: RESEARCH(PLAYER1,MAGIC,POWER_CHICKEN,10000)
    The original RESEARCH command affects order of research. In fact, its first use completely clears the research queue.

The README is here:
    http://keeper.lubie.org/html/dk_keeperfx_read.php
    Last edited by mefistotelis; June 26th, 2013 at 22:19.

Spider

OK I get this now. I need to be wary of a few (quite rarely used) commands which will have unintended consequences if I convert to a KFX script. I get it now! Thanks, and I will be wary, and test any changes I make as thoroughly as is reasonably possible. Dayo

what about setting strengths for one particular creature like im going to make a level with a bunch of fairys n junk and i want to make one fairy significantly stronger than the rest.
    how about making a script command to target a creature standing at a specific coordonate to have the effected stat changes, or is there already a possible command to spawn a creature to the map with augmented stats and only that creature recieves this buff. Ex no further spawns of said creature will not recieve the buff and the creatures currently on the map will not recieve it either

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veroba View Post
    what about setting strengths for one particular creature like im going to make a level with a bunch of fairys n junk and i want to make one fairy significantly stronger than the rest.
    how about making a script command to target a creature standing at a specific coordonate to have the effected stat changes, or is there already a possible command to spawn a creature to the map with augmented stats and only that creature recieves this buff. Ex no further spawns of said creature will not recieve the buff and the creatures currently on the map will not recieve it either
    I don't think that's very easily possible if only due to the engine. Even DKII, which has an engine better built for that sort of thing, doesn't allow that kind of thing.

You're best bet is to have the super Fairy appear last, after all other Fairies are slain, and give her higher Health, etc with the "SET_CREATURE_HEALTH" command.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    I don't think that's very easily possible if only due to the engine. Even DKII, which has an engine better built for that sort of thing, doesn't allow that kind of thing.

You're best bet is to have the super Fairy appear last, after all other Fairies are slain, and give her higher Health, etc with the "SET_CREATURE_HEALTH" command.
    yes i just tested this out and if i change the stats of the fairy it changes the stats of all fairys, even the ones alrdy present so you are right id have to make sure they would all be dead

Yup, all creatures of given kind have same stat values, and I'm not planning any changes to this.

To support a situation like this, I'm planning to allow adding new types of creatures - so the "super fairy" would be a separate breed, with different stats, and possibly even with different appearence.

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    Yup, all creatures of given kind have same stat values, and I'm not planning any changes to this.

To support a situation like this, I'm planning to allow adding new types of creatures - so the "super fairy" would be a separate breed, with different stats, and possibly even with different appearence.
    =o

That would mean you're going to allow some sort of pallete swap or sprite editing?

Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    That would mean you're going to allow some sort of pallete swap or sprite editing?
    Sprites will be in source form of PNGs, and the build system will generate JTYs out of them.

Actually, this already works for some DAT/TAB and RAW files - there's a tool which automatically computes best palette across a number of 24-bit PNGs, and then another tool converts all PNGs with use of that palette.

All the source PNGs are not commited to SVN, they are available separately under "Sources of graphics files" section here:
    http://keeper.lubie.org/html/dk_keeperfx_devel.php

Sprites will be in source form of PNGs, and the build system will generate JTYs out of them.

Actually, this already works for some DAT/TAB and RAW files - there's a tool which automatically computes best palette across a number of 24-bit PNGs, and then another tool converts all PNGs with use of that palette.

All the source PNGs are not commited to SVN, they are available separately under "Sources of graphics files" section here:
    http://keeper.lubie.org/html/dk_keeperfx_devel.php
    Well, that's great. I was worried my DKII Patch would outclass the DKI Patch by having more units like Heroes. I might be able to turn something interesting out of that. I made some Witch sprites a while back, which is basically just a modified Warlock sprite. Nothing fancy. Just some walking frames only. The face was hell to make properly though.

Tesonu is napping!