Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: New script commands

Default Re: New script commands

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    There is the 'Play Message' command, which you probably can use to play the sound you want, but I think the regular sound will also play.

I will try some point, when I have time, for now I have to re-edit my maps and campaign because several script errors. Also a map error comes from the FX engine, due the reason of thing limits. Ghost monsters and torturing creature swaps a position as mirrored, some objects get disappeared and so on, but that's not a big deal. Though I will some point post an issue if relatively continuing error comes

I don't think it is possible. What you'd probably want is that you go to level 2a if you win level 1, and go to level 2b when you lose level 1, that can't be done.

What might work is this:
    Code:
    IF(PLAYER0,DUNGEON_DESTROYED == 1)
    	WIN_GAME
    	QUICK_OBJECTIVE(1,"You lose and win",PLAYER0)
    ENDIF
    You could test that.

btw, it does not work, you get defeated anyway

but I got an idea: Can you have an alternative winning method that eventually if you lose, you still "win" and you get to the next realm anyway?

EDIT: no, no need to have like a or b levels, just next to next, clear as clean

Can you be more specific in what you mean,... because losing is that you have no chance of winning anymore. So not just talking script here,... if you can still win you haven't lost.

That tells me you want something specific to happen,... but what and how?

I bet I can't make this more simple:

Original

Win = Press space to proceed to next realm
    Lose = Press space to restart

Alternative

Lose = Press space to proceed to next realm

Don't be more simple, be more specific,... what is really different for the player?

Look at it like this:
    A. Accomplish goal x. We call that 'WIN' => Press space to go to the next realm
    B. Accomplish goal y. We call that 'Lose' => Press space to go to the next realm

A and B are the same thing to me, yes, a different sound is played, but from a gameplay perspective there is no difference.

Is it simply that you want the 'goal' to be that the players heart is destroyed?
    If so, you've tested it, and you say even if you put a win condition on that, the level is still lost. As an alternative, you could put an action point on the player heart, and when player_good triggers that action point, 'win_game' and display an objective that says 'you've lost, press space'.

Well, I try my best to be specific:

I want to make a map in my campaign, where is 100% sure for a lose, because in a plot you need to lose. The lose will happen by having your own dungeon heart destroyed by enemy and yes, you can't stop the enemy as in a plot, this should happen. The thing is, you would be able to continue to next realm anyway, but without any rewritten part of required things, I do not think it is possible to go to another realm in campaign when having been defeated, like normally you would do so if you win, but in this case, you should lose.

So, if having a lose, the map will be restarted. I want to change this and having to able to get to another realm, as in plot goes so.

No alternative maps, just next to next - style as originally goes. But having a lose in one of the maps in campaign would be awesome to be included. I have done already few extraordinary maps, what you definitely haven't seen before in anyhow. I am very serious to make one, hopefully it acquires all the requirements to be included in keeper klan, but that is a side mission for me. All what I want to do, is having my own campaign, playable one, not too hard, but challenging and very interesting.

I won't reveal more things. I have revealed few maps, and a bit of plot, so, I am sorry, if I am not enough specific, but I hope it fill your questions of my questions with my good answers, hopefully.

Anyway, thanks a lot in advance. I have learned a lot in these weeks what I have spent in here of my time.

EDIT: Anyway, if this is not possible, I have done already an alternative section of this, but this is a secret, as something new, nothing extraordinary, but something new yes.

EDIT2: Yeah, sorry if it isn't related anything of scripting, but I really thought this would be done with script, altough I am pretty sure it needs the game engine to be rewritten, but at least I can try and ask, if there is an easy solution. I bet not, but surprises might be always happening in behind of corners in our lifetimes.
    Last edited by UnknownMaster21; November 5th, 2014 at 19:23.

Well, I think that can be done,...

What isn't possible is 'Lose to go to next level', but what is possible is 'Win the map by failing the objective'. Basically like I said in my last post:

* With in game texts, state an objective that can't be reached. Tell the player he must look out for heroes destroying attacking, and he will lose when they reach the heart.
    * When the final attack comes, tell the player 'This is it, make sure they don't reach the heart or you will lose'.
    * When the heroes reach the room with the heart, they must trigger an action point.
    * Playtest how much time the heroes will take to destroy the heart. You can even script out how many heroes still live to get a good estimate. Say, 30 seconds.
    * 25 seconds after the hero party triggers the action point, state in the objective: "You have failed, you lost, try again next map, press space", and include the "Win_game" command

Would this work for you?

Well, I think that can be done,...

What isn't possible is 'Lose to go to next level', but what is possible is 'Win the map by failing the objective'. Basically like I said in my last post:

* With in game texts, state an objective that can't be reached. Tell the player he must look out for heroes destroying attacking, and he will lose when they reach the heart.
    * When the final attack comes, tell the player 'This is it, make sure they don't reach the heart or you will lose'.
    * When the heroes reach the room with the heart, they must trigger an action point.
    * Playtest how much time the heroes will take to destroy the heart. You can even script out how many heroes still live to get a good estimate. Say, 30 seconds.
    * 25 seconds after the hero party triggers the action point, state in the objective: "You have failed, you lost, try again next map, press space", and include the "Win_game" command

Would this work for you?
    yes, as long as "you have conquered this realm" - mentor speech won't be included, I haven't tried unfortunately this yet, so it will take couple of days when I will test it. ( if this does not work, I have already an alternative thing to go)

yes, I know speeches will be added, also you did talk about the original speech will be included anyway, but I haven't tested this far, due the being busy.

I go sleep, as tomorrow is working day, back in here in somewhat 3PM, then I might test it completely, if no one else have done it yet.

I can gladly to verify that, once you have won the game, you can't lose. No matter if your dungeon heart is destroyed or not. Win is a win, lose is a lose

Sorry for double post but:

How about changing health of dugeon heart? Like putting 10 times more or so. With script of couse.