Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another Dzjee Ar´s 6 Level Pack Bug (Makes map unbeatable.)

Demon Spawn

Default Another Dzjee Ar´s 6 Level Pack Bug (Makes map unbeatable.)

So I'm starting to believe that this entire campaign is broken. All the creatures are acting different:
    - Demon spawn does not train but has to be trained manually.
    - All monsters have different spells (spider now has the gas spells that the bile demon had yet the bile demon has nothing now.
    - There are new hostilities (orc hates troll).
    I know this is intended but the changes that the maker made are unbalanced and not much fun. (And complicated.)

Aside from that most maps don't work properly. Now I found another bug which makes one map nearly unbeatable.

It's map 3 The Necromancer.

The first and main issue is, you get no bridge. That's oke we can capture one and that is what is expected from us. There is a random stretch of bridge in a base north owned by player yellow.
    However once you capture it you don't get access to the bridge room.

Why is this important? The entire base of the necromancer that you have to defeat is inaccessible because he's entirely separated by water and all entrances have guard posts around them so you are blocked.
    You need that in order to take over his base and various other places owned by him like the gems. As destroying his minions manual by a dragon wont make much progress as the game spawns skeletons every time one dies.

Now I beat the game by shear luck as I captured and converted one vampire of the enemy that appears at the start of the game. He's level 10 and the only creature that is able to 'ignore' the attacks of 20-30 skeletons while I'm healing myself and bashing his heart.
    However this is not the suggested way to win as far as I'm considered.

Other than that skeletons for player green (left island) keep spawning even after you took over all the rooms. They just stand still doing nothing and that's quite lame.

All this can be fixed to change that bridge owned by player yellow to the rainbow thing that people can capture to gain knowledge. Now it only suffers from weird bugs but at least the game is beatable by normal means.

Beetle
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: Xfireisdeadlol

Default Re: Another Dzjee Ar´s 6 Level Pack Bug (Makes map unbeatable.)

This is exacly why am fully agianst chaging attributes and settings of creatures. Let them stay as they were. This is what makes KeeperFX bad. Offcourse excluded when the camaign uses a costumized set of configs.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Airandius View Post
    So I'm starting to believe that this entire campaign is broken. All the creatures are acting different:
    - Demon spawn does not train but has to be trained manually.
    - All monsters have different spells (spider now has the gas spells that the bile demon had yet the bile demon has nothing now.
    - There are new hostilities (orc hates troll).
    I know this is intended but the changes that the maker made are unbalanced and not much fun. (And complicated.)

Aside from that most maps don't work properly. Now I found another bug which makes one map nearly unbeatable.

It's map 3 The Necromancer.

The first and main issue is, you get no bridge. That's oke we can capture one and that is what is expected from us. There is a random stretch of bridge in a base north owned by player yellow.
    However once you capture it you don't get access to the bridge room.

Why is this important? The entire base of the necromancer that you have to defeat is inaccessible because he's entirely separated by water and all entrances have guard posts around them so you are blocked.
    You need that in order to take over his base and various other places owned by him like the gems. As destroying his minions manual by a dragon wont make much progress as the game spawns skeletons every time one dies.

Now I beat the game by shear luck as I captured and converted one vampire of the enemy that appears at the start of the game. He's level 10 and the only creature that is able to 'ignore' the attacks of 20-30 skeletons while I'm healing myself and bashing his heart.
    However this is not the suggested way to win as far as I'm considered.

Other than that skeletons for player green (left island) keep spawning even after you took over all the rooms. They just stand still doing nothing and that's quite lame.

All this can be fixed to change that bridge owned by player yellow to the rainbow thing that people can capture to gain knowledge. Now it only suffers from weird bugs but at least the game is beatable by normal means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizu View Post
    This is exacly why am fully agianst chaging attributes and settings of creatures. Let them stay as they were. This is what makes KeeperFX bad. Offcourse excluded when the camaign uses a costumized set of configs.
    *sigh* this wasn't intended to fix any inbalances or anything. The changes were made to make the creatures different. I've seen that Dzjee does that in a few of his campaigns. They aren't apart of a bug or anything.

I'm guessing you're talking about this campaign, right? The only thing that should be done is have some kind of readme somewhere that lists what the creatures are supposed to be along with some basic information about them, and probably the spells they have.

Jeez, two threads already about "bugs" from Dzjee's maps when they aren't really bugs, they're just either map design flaws (which shouldn't really be Mefisto's job to fix, that job should be assigned to the mapmaker himself) or you saying you can't beat the map because you can't figure out what to do.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Demon Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    *sigh* this wasn't intended to fix any inbalances or anything. The changes were made to make the creatures different. I've seen that Dzjee does that in a few of his campaigns. They aren't apart of a bug or anything.

I'm guessing you're talking about this campaign, right? The only thing that should be done is have some kind of readme somewhere that lists what the creatures are supposed to be along with some basic information about them, and probably the spells they have.

Jeez, two threads already about "bugs" from Dzjee's maps when they aren't really bugs, they're just either map design flaws (which shouldn't really be Mefisto's job to fix, that job should be assigned to the mapmaker himself) or you saying you can't beat the map because you can't figure out what to do.
    No offence but congratulations on not reading both posts then because the bugs I reported were unrelated to the creatures that had changed attributes.

The bug is, when you take over the bridge from player yellow you do not gain access to the bridge tile so you can make bridges.
    Bridges are required because in order to win you need to destroy the dungeon heart of the necromancer which is guarded by approx 20 skeletons.
    The entire base is surrounded by water and all borders have guard posts which block any land unit. How am I supposed to beat something when I have no access?

And the method I used to beat the map is far from legit and took nearly 20min of me just clicking my mouse in front of his dungeon heart.

You guys want valid bug reports, I give them. At least have the decency to read the post properly. If my English is an issue just say that instead of telling me I don't know how to play the map.

EDIT:

In reply to your statement that you guys don't need to fix campaigns:
    I find it a weird that you guys include material that is clearly broken. Either you leave it out or fix it. And it's not like I'm saying, 'go fix this now', I'm simply reporting the bug along with the best solution.
    Last edited by Airandius; January 29th, 2011 at 21:52.

No offence but congratulations on not reading both posts then because the bugs I reported were unrelated to the creatures that had changed attributes.

The bug is, when you take over the bridge from player yellow you do not gain access to the bridge tile so you can make bridges.
    Bridges are required because in order to win you need to destroy the dungeon heart of the necromancer which is guarded by approx 20 skeletons.
    The entire base is surrounded by water and all borders have guard posts which block any land unit. How am I supposed to beat something when I have no access?

And the method I used to beat the map is far from legit and took nearly 20min of me just clicking my mouse in front of his dungeon heart.

You guys want valid bug reports, I give them. At least have the decency to read the post properly.
    Sorry. I guess I didn't read well enough. Either way, I don't think of that as a bug related to KeeperFX directly, more as a map design flaw. There might also be something you're overlooking that you need to do as well.

If my English is an issue just say that instead of telling me I don't know how to play the map.
    You have no idea how much that makes me laugh. Your English is fine, trust me on that. It makes me laugh because I'm reminded of a certain other member that has "Keeper" in his name...

In reply to your statement that you guys don't need to fix campaigns:
    I find it a weird that you guys include material that is clearly broken. Either you leave it out or fix it. And it's not like I'm saying, 'go fix this now', I'm simply reporting the bug along with the best solution.
    I don't know what Mefisto's schedule is, but I don't know if he has time to playtest every map. As you can see, there are a lot of campaigns. And look at that map list on keeper.lubie. It's huge. Mefisto is probably busy enough fixing real bugs that are inside KeeperFX.

I imagine these maps from Dzjee are playtested, or at least I hope they are. There should be someway to win, but unfortunately I don't have time to play through that whole campaign to figure out the tricks behind it since I'm also busy working on my own project, and that time I have free to play Dungeon Keeper I think would better be used for WftO.

Tesonu is napping!

Demon Spawn

I'm aware that you guys are too busy in order to playtest everything. That's why I report problems like these.

Anyhow I didn't miss anything in that map. For now I simply fixed the map myself but not everybody knows how to do that.

I'm aware that you guys are too busy in order to playtest everything. That's why I report problems like these.

Anyhow I didn't miss anything in that map. For now I simply fixed the map myself but not everybody knows how to do that.
    What did you do to fix it?

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Oggrr

Yes please share with the community on the changes, you can even upload the .txt file

Demon Spawn

I simply added the code:

Code:
    ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,BRIDGE,1,0)
    (I have no clue if there is a value to make it takeover only.)

Which enables me to build bridges from the start. After that I refrain from using it until I take over the random piece of bridge that player yellow owns.
    (Which required me to kill around 30 level 3 ghosts.)

I pretty much only use it to gain access to the dungeon of the necromancer.
    I dislike skipping content and when using the bridge you can skip pretty much skip half the level so it has some design flaws.
    If I actually had access to the official mapmaker I would fix this by placing a random bridge near the necromancer dungeon which I would guard with a vampire or two.

If you want to get it only when taking over a Bridge, put this instead.

Code:
    IF_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,BRIDGE>0)
    ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,BRIDGE,1,1)
    ENDIF

Tesonu is napping!