Thread: Graphical Issues With Dungeon Keeper Gold

Default Graphical Issues With Dungeon Keeper Gold

Just a rather annoying issue as I recently installed an old copy of DK Gold I found in my cupboard (Didn't work on my old laptop) and decided to give it a go at installing it. Well, turns out it works rather well aside from the graphics where the pixels of the levels are purple, green and yellow that flash constantly and are quite an eye strain. Anyway to fix this problem at all?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: qqluqq

Default Re: Graphical Issues With Dungeon Keeper Gold

Keeper FX fixes a lots of stuff try that.

What version of windows are you in? Try right clicking on the program file > properties, compatibility tab and tick "run in 256 colors". Also try running in compatibility mode for Windows 95.

Quote Originally Posted by Aval View Post
    What version of windows are you in? Try right clicking on the program file > properties, compatibility tab and tick "run in 256 colors". Also try running in compatibility mode for Windows 95.
    Ah, thanks for that. I'd tried the latter but that stopped it from working entirely for some reason, just didn't load. I'll try them together though. Thanks once more.

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

Nope, tried the colours option and didn't work. Also, I'm in Windows Seven if that's any help.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

I recall seeing a video where someone had a similar problem, (was on Windows7 I believe) but it only had the weird colors in the main menu. Inside the actual game, the colors were fine. Does the main game have the same messed up colors?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    I recall seeing a video where someone had a similar problem, (was on Windows7 I believe) but it only had the weird colors in the main menu. Inside the actual game, the colors were fine. Does the main game have the same messed up colors?
    Sadly so. It flickers like beggary in the game while slightly more stationary on the menus. It isn't so bad under my cursor but most other places are a mess to look at.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAv View Post
    Sadly so. It flickers like beggary in the game while slightly more stationary on the menus. It isn't so bad under my cursor but most other places are a mess to look at.
    Well, unfortunately I don't know what to suggest as I don't have much knowledge on the subject. I never used Windows7, I'm with XP. Only thing I can say is KeeperFX. But I also read your post in that other thread so yeah.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Can someone help me? I installed the Dungeon Keeper Gold and started playing the Deeper Dungeon. After a while, my creature's spell effect doesn't shown like Dark Mistress's thunderbolt attack doesn't appeared on the screen although the sound can be heard, the speed's monster doesn't look moving fast, and the Vampire's levitating cloud is flickering. What's happened? It's the first time things like this happened.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Oggrr

Download the 0.38b patch. Or if your not using KeeperFX, could strongly advice to atleast try it