Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: General Information

Demon Spawn

Default General Information

So I have a few questions regarding the game's current state and future state. Just because this information is nowhere to be found.
    I would love these questions answered in some detail. =]

Q1: It's called War for the Overworld but are we actually going to visit the overworld? What is the general idea here.

Q2: What rooms, monsters and traps are confirmed in the game? I've seen some threads that mention monsters and rooms but I've never seen a full list. If possible I would like to know changes to the older ones and how the new ones work.

Q3: Are you guys interested in having a wiki page for your mod? Just a place to store all information about the game for general public.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: General Information

Quote Originally Posted by Airandius View Post
    So I have a few questions regarding the game's current state and future state. Just because this information is nowhere to be found.
    I would love these questions answered in some detail. =]
    DENIED

Q1: It's called War for the Overworld but are we actually going to visit the overworld? What is the general idea here.
    We originally were but decided not to due to problems with gameplay and yadda yadda. We're still battling FOR the Overworld, to take control. I guess it's kinda like DK1 in that you gotta kill the Heroes guarding the realm to get to the top and start eating pilgrams and stuff.

Q2: What rooms, monsters and traps are confirmed in the game? I've seen some threads that mention monsters and rooms but I've never seen a full list. If possible I would like to know changes to the older ones and how the new ones work.
    We're still discussing it. I think that thread was a mistake because those things aren't truly confirmed, they're just what kyle and I said yes to.

Q3: Are you guys interested in having a wiki page for your mod? Just a place to store all information about the game for general public.
    Ask kyle. Kyle, get your face in here. And bring your hands too or it'll be hard to say anything.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

A1: no, that idea got scrapped sometime during development.

A2: most stuff that was in both DK games is essentially guaranteed to get in, otherwise not much is confirmed.

A3: sure, why not

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

The wiki might be an idea, it really depends how useful it is. As I would have to update it.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    The wiki might be an idea, it really depends how useful it is. As I would have to update it.
    Then a wiki is useless, the usefulness of a wiki comes from everybody being able to update it not a single person. In that case the website would be the better choice.
    "The essence of religion: Fear God and obey God. The quintessence of spirituality: Love God and become another God." -- Sri Chinmoy

Demon Spawn

Wiki´s are usually made by the community. The best examples I can find is the Diablo 3 Wikia from Diablofans. There are a few main editors that also act like moderators but everybody can write articles.

Really? N'aww that concept art for ungodly hellmouths in the landscape looked really sweet. And the potential for all the awesome things you could pull off with Keeping in three dimensions (collapsing ceilings, directing lava waterfalls-etc) could have been ridiculously cool. I guess prolly far too adventurous for such a small, not-for-profit indie team though.

@Airandius, people don't know much about the game (wtf I just lost the game...) so it would be difficult for people to update the page. Anyway it could be a good idea if it has some kind of visibility..

@Aval: Never say never... What's the future reserving for us? We don't know..... Mwahahahahah

Demon Spawn

I'm aware that there isn't much information. That's why I asked about it.

It's just that small projects like these are better suited for open development where a lot of information is exchanged with the community. A blog that gives some information now and then along with a wiki that stores information could do wonders for traffic.

(Because to be honest this project is perhaps reaching 0.1% of it's target audience.)
    How long have you guys been working on this by the way? A year or two?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

I don't see how we are reaching 0.1 of the target audience. We have 5 pages on different sites and I advertise it on alot of game development forums.

What else do you think I should do to reach the target audience.