Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Workshop

Demon Spawn

Default Workshop

Just wondering which 'generation' you are using for DK War for the Overlord.
    Are you guys going with the workshop of DK1 or DK2?

Default Re: Workshop

Nothing confirmed yet, although there's been a poll on this before. (see here)

Poll result: both.

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

What we have chosen is a automatic routine of constructing the traps, unless the player builds a trap the workshop then focuses on that, once its met its demand it goes back to where it was in the list of traps it constructs usually.

Demon Spawn

What about selling? Does it produce traps for free which can be sold for profit like in DK1? Does it produce but cost money? Can you not sell traps at all.

I kind found it gamebreaking that a workshop could produce money. You can litterally wall yourself in and keep training your units to level 10.

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

What about selling? Does it produce traps for free which can be sold for profit like in DK1? Does it produce but cost money? Can you not sell traps at all.

I kind found it gamebreaking that a workshop could produce money. You can litterally wall yourself in and keep training your units to level 10.

I know a simple solution for the selling traps thing: make traps cost a small amount of gold. And then when you sell the same traps, you will only get the same small amount of gold back, no more. That way you can't abuse infinitely selling traps.

The Awakening

I don't think it's particularly game breaking. Unless you sink a ridiculous number of units into workshoppery you're not going to be able to sustain much of a dungeon on it alone.

Demon Spawn

I pretty much made a selfsustaining dungeon on every map that has the workshop room. It's really easy and I'm pretty sure it breaks the game when you can wall yourself in and train all your units till level 10. Personally this game should be more fast paced than that.

I liked what Mothrayas suggested. That way you can't make a profit. Thus you need to find gold and most likely combar your enemies will gathering.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

I also like what mothrayas suggested. I want you to keep in mind this game is as fast paced as you play it, some players like to play normally and build there dungeon how they want to, if someone walls themselves in and sells traps all day to sustain their dungeon then they are not playing it right.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aval View Post
    I don't think it's particularly game breaking. Unless you sink a ridiculous number of units into workshoppery you're not going to be able to sustain much of a dungeon on it alone.
    Even if it is possible, that also means it is an exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    I know a simple solution for the selling traps thing: make traps cost a small amount of gold. And then when you sell the same traps, you will only get the same small amount of gold back, no more. That way you can't abuse infinitely selling traps.
    Yes.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

My point is that if you are able to do it you would have already won or you're crippling yourself in other areas. But yeah Mothrayas is right.
    Last edited by Aval; February 4th, 2011 at 01:08.