Thread: Slime

Demon Spawn

Default Slime

The Slime

Introduction

The slime is a very simple creature often found near water. It has no internal organs or bone structure making it a very flexible creature. It can fit in any hole.
    It gains food by trapping small creatures in his slime, the pray chokes and will be consumed by it's cells leaving nothing but a pile of bones.

Due to the fact that his body is made out of slime you can puncture it, cut it or smash it as much as you want. The slime is hardly affected by this and most damage can be fixed easily because it can generate it's cells.

This makes the slime excellent for soaking up damage. Both melee and ranged fighters have trouble dealing with this mighty monster.

The only thing that can kill this monster is magic. A little bit of fire or a good thunder and this powerful slime becomes a bubbly soup of disappointment. A slime is hardly suitable to fight against magical creatures.

Stats

Nope - Low - Average - High - Excellent

Health: Low
    Damage: Low
    Physical Resistance: Excellent
    Magical Resistance: Nope
    Evasion: Average
    Speed: Average
    Luck: Average
    Recovery: Low
    Intelligence: Nope
    Training Rate: Average
    Training Cost: Average
    Wage: Low
    Gold Held: Low

Skills

Level 1: Melee
    The standard melee attack. The slime hurls half of his body towards an enemy (slime does not become two parts) which could be explained as a slap.

Level 3: Slab
    The slime hurls bones and various other objects that are stuck in his body towards his enemy. Giving the slime a ranged role.

Level 6: Slime Prison
    The slimes sacrifices a part of it's body to temporarily lock an enemy in place. (Movement is stopped but the target can still attack.) This damages the slime. It's a low range skill.

Level 10: Poison
    The slime learns to produce the biting substance it uses to digest his food on a large scale which it then uses to attack the enemy with. It's a passive skill. Applies to both melee and slab.

Balance

'A ranged fighter that is strong against melee attacks? Surely you must be kidding. That's a huge imbalance.'
    Not exactly, it's true that physical attacks hardly harm the slime but don't forget that a single warlock can take care of these buggers quite fast.

Behaviour in Dungeon

A simple creature with simple needs. They prefer to stick around water. Their lair is often some large plate with water.
    They can eat and sleep. They can not work in the workshop or in a library.

On occasion it might try to eat smaller creatures. (Creatures that are small and are below level 3 apply. Anything bigger wont be attacked.)

Behavior in Battle:

They are very strong against melee and ranged fighters and these are their targets. They prefer to pick on smaller enemies first due to their primitive mind thinking it's a prey.
    Their attacks are straight forward and it does not move around much even when it's enemy is right up it's face. He can handle it.
    When fighting magical creatures, well let's just say that the slime can hardly hit them or run away in time.

Jobs:

Their main job is fighting. The gods seem to made it for that, or it might be some puke from the gods after a heavy night of drinking. Nobody knows.
    Slimes always stick near water if that is inside your dungeon and can be trained.

Happiness

Slimes can't get unhappy. They are too simple for that. Slap them, poke them and abuse them as much as you want. Just be sure not to get your hand stuck inside it or you'll lose it.

Needs

Slimes need a lair and a bit of food. They don't eat often though. One chicken a day is enough.
    A unique thing about the slime is that it's wage is really low. It's a slime, it does not need money. It only needs a little bit because gold contains important minerals that the slime eats.
    Other than that it does not spawn in maps with lava or in maps without water.

Campaign Introduction:

Appears mid-game and can be found in most water maps.

Torture:

Throws salt on the slime, which irritates the slime greatly. (Guess it's family of the snails.)

Concept Art

As you can see it's basically a greenish blob of slime with various object stuck inside. Bones from preys (it sometimes scavenges for large corpses) and finding a weapon inside a slime isn't rare.

(Oh god, not drawing for more then a year and not having a tab sure makes my picture suck.)

Default Re: Slime

There's already a Slime suggestion. And there was already one before that one.

Between that one and this one, I like the other one more.

Also, the Slime as in your design is functionally very similar to me to this suggestion, which I also prefer over the Slime here.

The Awakening

Demon Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    There's already a Slime suggestion. And there was already one before that one.

Between that one and this one, I like the other one more.

Also, the Slime as in your design is functionally very similar to me to this suggestion, which I also prefer over the Slime here.
    Well my image of it was different and so was it's role as mine is a ranged fighter with high melee resistance.
    Anyway I got some drawing skills back.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Airandius View Post
    It can fit in any hole.
    That sounds so wrong and disturbing in so many ways. Anyways, can I use it to fix this hole in my wall? It's been there a while. Been too lazy to get it fixed.

Not exactly, it's true that physical attacks hardly harm the slime but don't forget that a single warlock can take care of these buggers quite fast.
    That sounds like too great a weakness to be honest. There are a lot of magic users in the game, especially in the Hero Side, so this thing is gonna die fast in most fights.

A simple creature with simple needs. They prefer to stick around water. Their lair is often some large plate with water.
    : Back up fool! This is mah water!

They can eat and sleep. They can not work in the workshop or in a library.
    While it makes sense, it is a big drop in these creatures' usefulness. It pretty much means they're only good at fighting, yet they're killed so easily by a single magic user. What's the point? Their Melee abilities aren't very good either. They remind of a Dragon, except they're a little bit faster and have much lower Health and no Magical Defense. So this thing is kinda lesser than a Dragon.

On occasion it might try to eat smaller creatures. (Creatures that are small and are below level 3 apply. Anything bigger wont be attacked.)
    That sounds highly annoying, especially since thise creature can't research or manufacture. That means it'll have more free time and it is more likely to eat things.

Slimes can't get unhappy. They are too simple for that. Slap them, poke them and abuse them as much as you want. Just be sure not to get your hand stuck inside it or you'll lose it.
    A lot of creatures can't get annoyed easily, so I don't think this adds much to the Pro list.

Overall: I don't think this creature has enough Pros balancing out its Cons. It doesn't seem very useful and has some annoying traits tied to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    I do agree there.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Demon Spawn

Owel, I thought it could be funny. :P

Even if 99 suggestions are rejected if one inspires a good idea then it's worth it. ^^

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

I could just imagine picking it up and having it blob up and down like a yo-yo - yuk.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Are we going to violate Kalypso copyright too?

Demon Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Are we going to violate Kalypso copyright too?
    What now?