Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hurler

Demon Spawn

Default Hurler

Hurler (Formerly Spikethrower).

Introduction

The Hurler is an odd creature of demonic nature. They have spikes extending from various places but most notably are the spikes on it´s back. The spikes on his back are very sharp and aren't embedded in his body very securely. The Hurler can shoot these spikes towards his enemies when contracting it's muscles.
    Because of their light weight and sharpness they can pierce practically everything.

Stats

The Hurler has a high dexterity due to his ranged combat. He's health and armour are below average because as a ranged fighter it wont need it as much as other units.
    Most other stats are around the average.

Skills

Level 1: Attack
    The basic attack of the Hurler is simply shooting a spike towards his enemy.

Level 4: Power Shot
    The Hurler builds up more power then usual in his muscles which allows his to pierce multiple enemies. It's comparable to a normal attack that deals critical damage and attacks multiple enemies in a row.
    Has a moderate cooldown.

Level 8: Spike Barrage
    The Hurler curls up and blasts spikes in all directions. It's a powerful skill when fighting a large force, compare it to a shotgun.

Behaviour in Dungeon

Hurlers prefers to train if possible, otherwise it will hang around the Workshop or the Tavern.
    As any monster it will also sleep in the lair and eat a chicken every now and then.

Behavior in Battle:

The Hurler is an advanced ranged fighter and always attacks from a distance behind other monsters or a barricade. When an enemy gets up close and personal they tend to back up a bit and resume with the attacks.

Jobs:

The job they prefer most besides training is working in the Workshop. They can also read books but they are not very adapt at researching. They can also be found in the Tavern.

Happiness

Gets happy when fighting, training or working. When angry for a long duration they will destroy your dungeon a bit and leave.

Needs

They need a lair, a hatchery and a training room to be attracted.

Campaign Introduction:

They are introduced early ingame. Around the same time that the workshop is introduced.

Torture:

Spikes get pulled out which are then used to cut the Hurler.

Trivia:

The spikes on his back can be eaten, they contain a lot of calcium. Creatures often try and pull those spikes off in order to eat them.

When in the Tavern it likes to play darts.

Concept Art

Going to rework the art and visualisation.

(Ah my drawing skills are getting a little bit better again.)
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; February 5th, 2011 at 22:04. Reason: Version 1.1

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

Default Re: Spikethrower

Why does this remind me of diablo II?

Anyways it's a pretty ok idea, though the design is a little too human.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    Why does this remind me of diablo II?
    Perhaps because it bears a lot of similarty to Death Maulers from the D2 expansion.

Also, I have three suggestions to add to this one:

-Level 4: Multishot - Throws 3-4 spikes simulaneously at the enemy. Recharge time 6-8 seconds.

-Neutral plz.

-More bestial design. (Think like the same Death Maulers I linked to above)

The Awakening

Demon Spawn

It's just a small visualization, it can look different. I just thought that it could be related to trolls.

Gamer IDs

It perhaps could, but what he is wearing looks too much like red long hair to me and he pretty much has the body of a human.

Seems to me an interesting idea for a creature. Though I think the connection to trolls is a little bit stretched in this case. Given that they have spikes that growing out of their back O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Airandius View Post
    Trivia:
    The spikes on his back can be eaten, they contain a lot of calcium. It often shares some spikes with trolls. These are not a replacement for food however.
    I lack the proper words to describe how wrong that is. D:',

I'd rather stick to eating Colgate for my in take of Calcium...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    -Neutral plz.
    I really don't understand everyones fixation with making everything Neutral :S

Maybe I'm not meant to...
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

The Bile Demon and the Dark Mistress are related. VERY distant cousins. Yeah.

Creature side already has a basic support unit, the Dark Elf. Though they suck a little bit, I also plan on getting my own Dark Elf replacement suggestion going once I have time-I mean-wut?

PS: That thing looks sad. :C
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Demon Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    The Bile Demon and the Dark Mistress are related. VERY distant cousins. Yeah.

Creature side already has a basic support unit, the Dark Elf. Though they suck a little bit, I also plan on getting my own Dark Elf replacement suggestion going once I have time-I mean-wut?
    Ah I read a forum article that said there was no basic ranged creature yet. Want to link that suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    PS: That thing looks sad. :C
    Would you feel happy if you had spikes growin out of your back?

Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    It perhaps could, but what he is wearing looks too much like red long hair to me and he pretty much has the body of a human.
    Quote Originally Posted by A New Room View Post
    Seems to me an interesting idea for a creature. Though I think the connection to trolls is a little bit stretched in this case. Given that they have spikes that growing out of their back O.o
    So the appearance and background aren't that good huh? I guess I can draw something different, have some idea's but most seem too demonic.

Gamer IDs

Demonic is good.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Ah I read a forum article that said there was no basic ranged creature yet. Want to link that suggestion?
    The Dark Elf was a creation of DK2. The new ranged creature I had in mind is still just an idea, i haven't had time to make a suggestion out of it. It is gonna be similar to the Dark Elf though, but less of a clone creature and also darker and more fit for evil and stuff.

Would you feel happy if you had spikes growin out of your back?
    I would poke a lot of holes in my bed
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!