Thread: Chillx 2024 80x80 5v5 my first map

Red face Chillx 2024 80x80 5v5 my first map

Heyall
    This is my first post with my first created map I worked REALLY long and hard on.
    Mainly billion bugs in editors and slow learning curve.

So here are the results!
    Chillx - NTWired144.bmp
    Chillx places you in realm where you don't know how to make bridges, you have very little room to build and very few resources while there're 2 fully built functional realms already up and running.

I found that playing vs AIs even on that level is easy to beat, so I added few modifications to certain spells, creatures and of course heroes.

Your gold will be mainly on the bridges next to you, and you'll be in constant battle with the other keepers for it.
    Don't wait on the keepers tho, cause Good guy hero king is very short on time and will start raiding your bridges and soon after everyone's keeps.

Goals are the following:
    1. get up and running FAST. You'd find many mods were made for certain buildings, creatures and spells to help make it more interesting and challenging.
    2. There're 2 princes you need to beat and rescue their captives to learn the 2 bridges for Wood + Stone.
    3. Then you can take the Heros keep in the center of the map.
    4. It will not end there. Good luck beating this one

Let me know how it goes and feedbacks are welcomed!!

P.S - I never played DK2 in multiplayer and looking for some friendly folks who wanna go for few co-ops cause I'll probably noob.
    P.S2 - There might be few bugs, I couldn't perfect it cause so many bugs and crashes

Attachment 2479
    Attachment 2480
    Attachment 2481
    Chillx - NTWired map.7z

Default Re: Chillx 2024 80x80 5v5 my first map

Quote Originally Posted by NTWired View Post
    This is my first post with my first created map I worked REALLY long and hard on.
    Hi!

First of all: The map is not bad, but the balance is not right.

I started testing your map and saw right at the beginning: it's far too easy. The Imps are level 8-10, there are level-up-items, a level-10-prince, in the combat pit you can train the fighters up to level 10, and because you have a powerful army right away, even the strong heroes are no problem. Quite the opposite: they are quickly overcome, imprisoned and converted. Then it's even easier.

I then watched it without the fog of war. The purple keeper was immediately overrun. The blue and yellow keepers were able to hold out, but both lost a lot of fighters. The yellow Keeper's Imps couldn't reach the gem vein, so the gold ran out, the fighters got pissed and took off.

The heroes then spared the yellow Keeper in the second wave of attacks. They stuck to the guard room and didn't destroy the dungeon heart, even though only Imps were still defending it. The blue keeper was better and also held off the second wave of attacks. And probably any others that might have come.

And then, unfortunately, there was a "small" problem: a few times, for no apparent reason, the game stopped and I was completely kicked out.

Please don't be discouraged. Creating a map is one thing, fine-tuning it is another. Perhaps other map creators can help you better here.

THANK YOU
    I'll be honest a lot of forgotten pieces were left in like that lvl 10 prince. I generally used an army of dark angels for myself to quickly beat and test the map and the prince was modified too but just for tests.
    The level ups were given to all keepers but yellow and blue.
    I just gave up due all the crashes and bugs and wanted to see if anyone even gonna play it.

Its my first map and I learned on it pretty much everything, but technically the difficulty is very high but a lot of factors didn't work as planned so it was easy to beat.
    Like with Yellow not able to get the gems. At certain variation of map yellow was almost 2 minutes in on my keep with traps everywhere and it was awesome.

Green and blue kept at each others throats and purple faught both me and green.

Above all what I still not sure how it happened or why, but the King kept showing up in game and I didn't put him in there. Like Good guy hero can summon the king? That's awesome but no idea how that worked

I still don't know why it crashes randomly, probably oone of the parties I made is bugged or similar issue.
    Next time I'll make a map with less keepers and less gates so it'll probably work better
    Last edited by NTWired; December 31st, 2023 at 01:08.

Next time I'll make a map with less keepers and less gates so it'll probably work better
    I hope you improve your first map before you try the next one. You can certainly learn a lot in the process. As I said at the very beginning: The map is not bad, but the balance is not right.

My advice:
    1. remove the many items for the red keeper.
    2. the Prince should have MAXIMUM level 4.
    3. strengthen all keepers except the red ones.
    4. imps with level 1 are sufficient for the start.
    5. Level 4 is the standard maximum in the training room and level 8 in the Combat Pit. You should set this as well. Training up to level 10 is no good.

And maybe also:
    1. give the other keepers a gemstone vein directly into their environment so that they don't have money worries.
    2. do the heroes have to attack the other keepers? I don't think so.

I generally used an army of dark angels for myself to quickly beat and test the map...
    dark angels are always a good idea... for the blue, yellow, green and purple keeper.

I just gave up due all the crashes and bugs and wanted to see if anyone even gonna play it.
    I still don't know why it crashes randomly, probably oone of the parties I made is bugged or similar issue.
    This is a technical problem that I can't help you with. Please contact other map creators or quuz. He knows a lot about the technology.

Rome wasn't built in a day either. If I'm not mistaken, it took them three days.
    Last edited by Rox; December 31st, 2023 at 09:13.