Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get the official editor to work with KeeperFX

Default Re: How to get the official editor to work with KeeperFX

I have also tried running it as administrator (even though it's not checked). The result is the same. Anyway, which is weird is that when I just opened its properties to check them, everything was unchecked, as if it had unchcked them at some point, I was like "oh don't tell me I didn't apply the changes", I tried it once again but it's the same, and I now chcked if they were like that after the attempt, and yes, they were.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keeper editor folder 1.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	169.9 KB 
ID:	1482

Edit: I just tried in compatibility with WIN 98 and XP pack 2, but nothing changed.
    Last edited by Relderf; July 31st, 2014 at 03:56.

The files "GUIEDIT.DAT" and "GUIEDIT.TAB" need to be in the DATA subfolder, not the main directory.
    You need to actually have the checkbox for compatability mode checked

In the Keeper.cfg, you could simply have the install line like this: INSTALL_PATH=.\

Thanks for letting me know that, I really regain hope when I know something was wrong haha, but it still doesn't work.
    As shown below, I checked the compatibility mode slot (I switched it over for XP P3, W95, W98, with same results).

Name:	keeper editor folder 2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	1484

Anyway, that result is not quite the same as the last one. Now, the not responding message is shown after the resolution switches back to normal, as shown below. And the DK cursor, the small cubic arrow pops up for a second. I don't know, it might help you know where it is getting to and where not (yet).

Name:	keeper editor folder 3.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	1485

Help me, master!

Well, so far so good,...

- Just keep compatibility mode on W98SE

But I don't know whats wrong now. Let see if you have everything else correctly copied,.. by comparing the amount of files you have in your subfolder to mine (Don't count, see what windows says)
    Data: 206 Items
    Ldata: 121 Items
    Sound: 5 items

Does that match for you?

My valors are:
    Data: 208 (after I moved the "GUIEDIT.DAT" and "GUIEDIT.TAB", that's 2 more, but I don't know why it would be 2 more than you)
    Ldata: 121
    Sound: 5

Maybe there's something else I need to have installed? Any dll or whatever?

By the way, I set compatibility to "Windows 98 / Windows ME" (that's the exact name of the line), couldn't find any saying "SE".
    BUT, something weird happens here. If I leave it in this options (instead of XP Pack 3, or 2, or something higher) or with WIN95, it will stop me at the CD screen, showing the question mark. It doesn't find the path, apparently, if set so (doesn't show no error though, but maybe because it doesn't get there by then).

I had not set it to compatibility mode myself, and it works for me. Putting it to Windows98/Windows ME(that's the one, I don't have an 98SE either) I also get the 'no disk' screen. So I don't know how to help you any further, perhaps any other takers.
    Just to make sure you could copy the Data folder again from the CD, to make sure you haven't accidentally deleted a wrong file.

Ok dude, thanks you a bunch anyway!
    I'm gonna try that now.

I've tried several thing and have yet to get this to work. When I try to start it up the screen goes black and after being black for 3 or 4 seconds, it goes back to my desktop to the editor folder. I've probably done this step by step about 10 times with the same result every time. Hoping to get an answer here, thanks guys!

Which OS do you use?

Could you post screenshots of the folders you have ended up with, so we can check to see if it matches with how it should be?

Smile Re: How to get the official editor to work with KeeperFX

http://imgur.com/CJRhS8d

Sorry for relatively small picture, was on the move since it is Christmas morning. So it seems to be that I'm missing a sounds file that I could not find. Is this what could be causing the problem and is it really that game breaking? If so, where could I find this file because I cannot seem to locate it anywhere.